1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thoughts on Villa today

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by frogman27, Feb 5, 2011.

1. frogman27

frogman27 Member

I think that this is an intriguing fixture today. The stats suggest that Villa are fairly solid at home, only losing 3 games at home this season. As we all know our away record is not great. Although we have only the 1 away victory , we have drawn 6. The performances have been better than last season, so I now no longer assume we are going to lose away.

Villa have pace all over the team and Albrighton caused us problems earlier in the season. They have added Darren Bent to their squad, so I feel they will be causing us problems down the wings and Hughes and Hangeland are going to have their hands full. However, we have been very effective going forward recently. Dembele returning gives us something else up front. Collins and Dunne are big strong centre backs so playing the ball on the deck will be paramount. Dempsey has been great coming in from the wing, so may cause a threat.

All in all, I see an even game. The winner may be determined by whether Murphy or Petrov run the game. I am going for 1 - 1, AJ to get one.<ok>