1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thoughts From the Away End, Trashtip Gate

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Blue Sheep, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

1) City were abjectly poor for the first 70 minutes. Bennett once again had a poor game and looks bereft of confidence and it doesn't take a genius to work out that Peltier doesn't have the vision, pace or technical ability to be a wing back. The thought of us scoring 3 in 20 minutes was laughable

2) Despite the starting lineup, full credit to Warnock for having enough nous to make the correct changes. Hoilet and Harris in a 4-4-1-1 type formation gave the support Zohore needed and City began to dominate.

3) Wurzel City weren't much better than us, in what was a tight and scrappy game. Better teams will bury City for that first 70 minutes showing - lets hope Warnock gets his tactics right against them.

4) What a hit by Pilks. When he actually be bothered he doesn't half score some cracking goals. The scenes in the away when that went in <laugh>

3 points against Burton on Saturday and we should be on our way <ok> Great game to watch!

2. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Great win but just did not comprehend such a negative initial selection.

Ok it turned out alright in the end but to start with no pace out wide and such a sluggish passive midfield was bizarre. The substitutions when they eventually came turned the game.

I doubt if there has ever been such an attacking subs bench ever anywhere!

Well done City:emoticon-0148-yes:<cheers>:1980_boogie_down:

3. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Thanks for the 'report' sheepy. Admit to not realising it was a lunchtime kick-off.

What was the pitch like? Bristol played Bath in the rugby on it last night.

Another 3 points and we'll be at mid-table mediocrity with just under half the season to go,

A good result given Colin is meeting with Tan tomorrow. Gives him a bargaining point. Colin talking like he'll be with us next season. If he can get us to 10th or 8th by the end of the season you'd expect him to be at least top 6 next season with another transfer window under his belt (not that this one has closed yet) and a full pre-season.

Write this season off, enjoy what is left of it and see what the summer brings.

4. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Watched the vid of the goals - how the hell did Harris get his head on that between 3 hulking gorillas?......<laugh>

Pilks strike for our 3rd must be one of the best placed power shots from that distance I've seen. Goal of the season written all over it.

Brilliant win eventually in a game between two very average sides at the moment. Warnock probably won the game by beating a manager who has run out of ideas over there and couldn't compete with his experience. A far cry from that Fulham performance by both the team and Warnock.

5. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

As I down the other end of the ground I thought one of the Bristol defenders had stuck into his own net!

6. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

Went to the match too sheepy mate and i'd have to agree with the 70 minutes part. However i feel that was the game plan from Warnock, Pilkington and Zohore are both very annoying players to mark due to their strength and pace and while we were pretty one dimensional up until their goal it felt like the match was there for the taking with Harris and Hoilett on the bench (as well as young Rhys Healey), imo the plan was to bore the home crowd (who were pretty bored before getting in the stadium) and then hit them with pace off the bench against their tired legs late on. in the end though a terrific 3 points and the best away game i've been to in quite a while, onwards and upwards to burton at home next and then our game in hand.

7. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

We might not be winning everything and there may be some dour times, but the feeling I'm getting from reading comments on here is that the games are more of a spectacle with more enthusiasm in the crowd. Less dire than under Slade and Trollope.

It also seems that Colin knows how to change a game for the better, something that couldn't be attributed to the other two.

I watched the (very brief) highlights last night. It appears that we are getting more bodies in the box now which is something that has been sadly lacking in the last year or so.

Happy to be corrected by those who have watched recent games (Fulham aside).

On a different subject, our old boy Malone scored a good goal yesterday. He's had a few lately. Given the chance, I'd swap him back for Jazz!!!!!

8. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Remote - although I wasn't there to see it in the flesh, I hated that Fulham game for it's lack of character on the pitch and also criticised Warnock at the time for allowing it to happen.

Having said that, given the choice before the home Bristol City game of being out of the FA Cup but above them in the table after the return game, I'd have bitten your hand off.

OK, the Wurzels have hepled us get above them with their absolutely dire results of late, but then that's their problem.

9. Ccfc4ever

12 points off play offs with a game in hand, not too out of reach if i'm personally honest

10. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I make that 15 points off the playoffs 4ever, but I take your point. <ok>

The game in hand being Brighton away on week Tuesday doesn't hold for a return from it but you never know.

Three points from the Burton game next weekend would be the best boost ever to go to Brighton on the Tuesday and get something from it.

11. Ccfc4ever

Didn't Brighton just lose 2-0 to Preston? anything in the league sparks