1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thiago Alcantara

Discussion in 'Bolton Wanderers' started by KingHotspur, Jun 19, 2011.

1. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

Gotta say this kid looks very good and the idea of a buy back clause could seal the deal. Excited? Would he cut it in the middle of midfield in the PL?
    ---------------------------------

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/footb...-midfielder-thiago-alcantara-102039-23210601/

Bolton boss Owen Coyle is making a stunning £7million swoop for Barcelona midfielder Thiago Alcantara.

Coyle has been backed by owner Eddie Davies and has put together a package to bring the star of Spain’s European Under-21 finals side to the Reebok.

But the crucial factor in Bolton’s offer will be a buy-back clause that will give the European *champions the option of taking Alcantara, 20, back to Spain in a few years.

The deal would give Bolton a top young player and let him play every week in the Premier League with the *knowledge he will hopefully return to the Nou Camp a *battle-hardened, more complete player.

Alcantara dazzled against England and the Czech Republic last week but he will not be in Pep Guardiola’s side this season and was offered around to other clubs in recent weeks.

Trotters chairman Phil Gartside is on standby to meet Barca’s hierarchy this week as he tries to complete an unlikely deal for a player who has also been linked to the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal.

Alcantara’s father and agent, Mazinho, recently dismissed reports of a part-exchange deal with Arsenal when he said: “His future is at Barcelona.”

But Alcantara has now suggested he would be ready to move on if Guardiola is *unwilling to *offer him *regular first-team *football in the coming *season.

When asked if he would still be at Barca next season, he said: “I don’t know. I have a two-year contract.

“For now I’m only *thinking about winning the *Under-21 Championship, and securing my place in the 2012 Olympic team.

“I would be lying if I said that my dream is to succeed at Barca. My dream is to succeed in *football.” Coyle is desperate to pull off Mission: Impossible 3 after *landing Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere and Daniel Sturridge in similar *circumstances. He tried for Alcantara a year ago – as People Sport revealed.

Bolton were hoping to buy him for around £5m, but his impact in the *tournament has pushed up his value.

Now they have the new idea of a scheme that may appeal to all parties.