1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

They're Back Again...

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by - Doing The Lambert Walk, Mar 21, 2011.

1. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

2. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

We won't keep Alex for ever as he naturally wants to play in the Premiership. Important that we kept him this season, as it has proved very difficult to get decent players to play in League 1. If he can help us to get into Championship, Saints can use some of the money to buy a replacement who will play well in the Championship and help us into the Premiership. Don't expect NA to get all the money as some will be used for general running of club. You never know, we may get Alex back later in his career.

3. Channonfodder

Channonfodder Rebel without a clue.....

This is a good example of the Mirror's green credentials.....recycling old stories. Remember the Arsenal move was a done deal a few months ago? Alex decided to stay and he has a contract with us. Move on, nothing to see here.

4. A Touch of Clas

A Touch of Clas Active Member

Morning Chaps.

Had a uni lecture first thing this morning (doing sports journalism) and my lecturer brought this article up and said that the bloke who wrote it is in contact with Wayne Rooney's agent. There may not be any interest from man united and there are no direct quotes in the article. It seems the article was written to maybe increase salaries/contract perks IF a deal was to be made. It doesn't definitely mean that man u are interested, but if they were it is designed to create business for that agent. Hope that makes sense.

Also it should be noted that at the moment Chambo doesn't have an agent, his dad is acting as one for him. I don't think his dad has much loyalties towards us and therefore wouldn't be surprised if he pushed chambo into a move. Help his pension fund and all that.

5. SFC4BAG

SFC4BAG Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0118-yawn::emoticon-0118-yawn:I agree.

As long as we still have the youngster we will see stories of his impending departure.

6. olddellboy

olddellboy Well-Known Member

I cant agree with the comment about Mark Chambelain and his lack of loyalty to us. remember he steered his son towards the Saints academy as a youngster even when he was employed by the blue few, as he felt Alex's decelopment would be better served at the saints. I think mark will do whats best for his lad, and if that is stay with us then that is where he will stay!!

7. Joe!

Joe! Well-Known Member

Don't read the Mirror. Problem solved.

8. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

At least the Sunday Express didn't have a bad word for us in their report, in fact they didn't say anything at all, they mentioned all of the other games, it is not as if they needed to send a reporter he could have watched it on Sky!

9. Itchen North Matt

Itchen North Matt Active Member

the kid is a country mile ahead of Obertan and Bebe. I'd be more surprised if they weren't interested. Non-news really.

10. Markus Liebherrs Red Army

Surprised the Daily Mail are not sniffing again too. I absolutely detested that paper before they formulated a vendetta against our club. It is racist, bigomist, sensationalist, distortional and sh*te. People only buy it if they are ignorant to its political affiliations and do not realise what they are reading, or they are racist, right wing muppets. The Mirror on the other hand I have not even bothered looking at before. Either way, I HATE TABLOIDS!....

Sorry, I am worringly passionate on the subject, but tabloids and celebrity culture can burn in hell....
    anyway...<whistle>

11. olddellboy

olddellboy Well-Known Member

MLRA,
    totally agree about the Daily Fail, nasty right wing rag keen to blame all on the working classes and immigrants/gypsies. I refuse to buy it, nor any Murdoch rag - same reason that I will not buy sky - I will NEVER put money in Murdochs pockets! have you tried the I (short version of independent)?

12. stgeorgeofanerley

stgeorgeofanerley New Member

The last time we were in the third tier and were promoted we had a young winger called Terry Paine. Think he stayed a while and Saints refused a then record bid of £45,000 from the Arsenal. Now I know things have changed but.....

13. Markus Liebherrs Red Army

I have got that a couple times when I wanted the news snappy and was saving the pennies, and was impressed by it. Personally I read either the Times or the Independant, mostly the Times as the opinion articles are the most stimulating, and often argues on issues from different perspectives, so in a way it can be politically neutral too (bot obviously not as much as the Independant, which is also good, but I do not have time to read both!) On the subjects of newspaper, as for the Echo....

<laugh>