1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Young Saints

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by benditlikeabanana, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

Don't ask me why exactly, but I can easily see McCarthy being allowed to go for free.

2. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

That's fair enough. I would think that if he started pre-season and was in the first team squad, that we could be offering him one around end of September. If he looks only ok and unlikely to break through then we should let him go on the relative cheap.

3. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

I have the same feeling to be honest.

4. SaintinSerbia

SaintinSerbia Annoying Twat

Nailed on starter since VVD got injured, had a few dodgy games and a few blinding games. Gets better every week. Probably worth about 30m now!

5. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

Yep, I can see this too. Be a little annoyed if this happens.

6. VocalMinority

VocalMinority Well-Known Member

i felt our u23's have looked light on players for a couple of season snow since we started really loaning them out and been getting injuries. i would keep everyone who wants to stay, but i would be disappointed with the likes of Isgrove if he didn't want to move on and find first team football. try hard to keep McCarthy and Gallagher.

Everyone else on that list i would expect wants to stay, with a couple of question marks over Reed and Targett.

7. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

We will be entitled to some money as he has been in our Academy, but (as a reasonably well off club) it is morally correct to let him go to a club he chooses rather than try to squeeze money out of the deal and perhaps block the move. If he was a massive talent sign him for longer and play him....otherwise just wish him well.

8. saintlyhero

saintlyhero Well-Known Member

In my view and from what I've seen of both. I would say Targett is a level up on McQueen. I believe he has a far superior delivery and is a better one on one defender. Sam has done well this season and is a good athlete, but not sure he has the technical abilities to be consistent starter in the premier league.

9. benditlikeabanana

benditlikeabanana Well-Known Member

He has saved Yoshi a few times now, did the same in the last game. He is also the only player to have played the last 14 games. But I think he needs a real leader beside him for a season

10. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

A bit of that, and if he has Championship/good L1 first team offers, they are probably tempting unless we are saying he's definitely going to be our no.2 right back next season. Which seems not very likely.

11. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

I feel we would be foolish to let McCarthy leave now. He has just had 2 great seasons (POTY x2) and is only 21 years old. With Martina leaving and Pied yet to prove he has fully recovered from injury (or shown how good he is), having a young player on low wages like McCarthy would be extremely useful.