1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Whitts Debate

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Jay-Rede, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

2. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Hope he gets to 100 goals. Think he's 5 or 6 short.

My favourite PW moments were the hat-trick goaks v Sheff Utd & Wolves plus that amazing free kick v Leicester in play off & his wonder goal v Barnsley. Plenty others aside those to view on that video doing the rounds.

3. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

We've all had our favorites and feel sad when they go, mine were Bobby Woodruff and Tony Evans.

I think Whitts has had his day, he can still put in the odd 5 or 10 minutes but seems to get slower every passing day.

Football is a hard taskmaster, you can only survive so long on past glories.

Jay-Rede likes this.
  4. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hardly the most dynamic player at the club and never was to be fair, but still arguably the most skilfull. How long he can survive and his continued selection be justified on his dead ball delivery prowess is the question.

It's not just that about him though. He is still the player at the club who can pick a pass like no other with that magic left foot, but he needs a minder to watch his back. Very much like Scimeca looked after the also left footed McPhail in that role about 10 years back when Whitts first arrived.

I'd like to see a far more dynamic No. 10 brought into the club with the same sort of skills but with pace added to it. We should have brought in someone like Craig Bryson or Wes Hoolihan a couple of years back to prepare for this, but I suspect they are getting on now as well. I still think Brysojn would be a great fit for us.

5. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

I suppose it depends on who Colin gets in. As Sparkey said, he needs a minder, but also needs players running into space and creating movement to allow him to pull the strings. A genuine 10 running the channels and a bit more nous out wide and he can still be the play maker. Maybe not 90 minutes every week, but managed correctly he is still a valuable asset.

Left back to left wing to CM. Quite a transformation. As it was for one of our own, Joe Ledley.