1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The trial of Adam Johnson (part 2)

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Minxy, Feb 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crumble bungle

crumble bungle Well-Known Member

Hung, drawn and quartered for me.

2. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Appeal formally lodged.

3. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

in his arsehole? No sorry that would be a cock? :emoticon-0136-giggl

4. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Print
    Share this story

Motor racing champion's son Gary Brabham jailed for raping 6yo girl
    Updated 15 April 2016, 18:45 AEST
    Gary Brabham, the son of motor racing champion Sir Jack, is sentenced to more than two years in jail for the rape and indecent assault of a six-year-old girl.

please log in to view this image

The Brisbane District Court heard Gary Brabham had shown no remorse for his crime. (Credit: ABC)
    The son of motor racing champion Sir Jack Brabham has been sentenced to more than two years in jail for the rape and indecent assault of a six-year-old girl in Brisbane.

Gary Brabham was found guilty in March of one count of rape and one count of the indecent treatment of a girl under the age of 12.

The Brisbane District Court heard 54-year-old Brabham inappropriately touched the girl who was sitting on his lap in a car while they towed rubbish down a long driveway.

Judge Brad Farr said Brabham had shown no remorse for his crime.

He sentenced Brabham to two years and three months prison, suspended after six months.

"You have brought great shame upon yourself and your family," Justice Farr said.

"Your family name is very well known given your father's position in life. You were in a position of trust and you breached that trust in a most offensive way."

Outside the court, the victim's mother said the sentence was not sufficient but urged young children to speak to a parent should they ever suffer like her daughter did.

Brabham followed his famous father into motor racing but was never successful in the Formula One circuit.

Topics:

Share this story

5. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

2 Years? That is ridiculous..

6. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Aussie's always say they have the best country as well... that's a ****ing joke, I'd have put him in a locked box with a hungry King Cobra.

7. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

A Sunderland man has been jailed for six years for the historic rape of a teenage girl.

Stephen Harrogate-Bramley controlled and manipulated the naive teen before brutally attacking her in a violent sexual assault that has “ruined her life”.

Now the 51 year old has been jailed for six years after pleading guilty to two counts of rape.

Newcastle Crown Court heard how Harrogate-Bramley carried out the attacks on the teen during the 1990s.

In a statement read to the court, the victim described herself as “an inexperienced child” at the time of the offences.

The court also heard how the woman has been unable to move on with her life or form stable relationships as a result of the attack.

Harrogate-Bramley’s crime only came to light after the woman confided in a friend and then finally told her parents last year.

Sentencing Harrogate-Bramley, Judge Stephen Earl, said: “This is the dirty secret that you have carried for the past 20 years or so

Read more: http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/...-rape-of-teenage-girl-1-7854019#ixzz45tfsGfv3

8. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Looking at this you know and it's crazy - 6 years - 5 of which were for 2 counts of sexual activity with a "child" (we all know that a 15 year old is only a child in legal terms - not condoning what he did but she is 15 - not 10!) and then Bramham gets 2 years for raping a 6 year old - there are cases in the criminal justice system where people have raped and indecently assaulted under 13's, - people of a similar age to Johnson and they get 6 or 7 years. One teacher had a full on relationship with a 14 year old boy and got 250 hours community service. Had sex loads of times with the "child" - all consensual (same as Johnson) - the Judge says he was in a position of trust yet this teacher wasn't? He's been rightly put away but he's been made an example of and punished more harshly because he's a footballer and in the public eye.

As for Bramham - Not sure a king cobra would do it tel - too quick - needs to be the most painful possible - if that was my daughter, I'd make sure it was the most painful possible!

9. Tel (they/them)

That's the thing I keep hearing, like 15 is almost allowed so let's give him some concession. NO.

Who here would feel better about their (just turned) 15 year old girl being touched up by a 27 year old, than they would if she was 13? Seriously? Would you just go... "Well you should know what you're doing love, you're 15"... no you ****ing wouldn't.

The only answer I've seen is "My daughter would never do that"... easy ****ing get out.

Every time a paedo gets sentenced this thread and others are being dragged up to compare AJ's sentence yet nobody is saying in text that they feel AJ's sentence is harsh... **** him, who cares if he got 6 years for a quick fiddle with an almost legal girl in his car? I couldn't give a **** if he got 600 years, or shot in the face with acid, he deserves what he got.

SC SAFC likes this.
  10. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

6 years was harsh imo.. there ive said it.

TEL likes this.

11. Tel (they/them)

<laugh> Finally.

Would 6 years be satisfactory for you if your daughter was abused in the back of a footballer's car aged (just turned) 15?

Fair enough if you think it would be, we just have different standards I guess.

12. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Abused? Taken advantage of aye.

She travelled twice with a trail of deception to meet him. And didnt pipe ip till stood up on the third occassion, (which she would willingly have attended)

6 seems harsh imo..1-2 aye.

13. MrRAWhite

Not so much that Johnson's sentence being harsh, although it was at least double what I expected, but knowing that many far more serious offences get lesser sentences than he got. Everyone knew this when the sentence was given, and all people are doing is pointing out examples..

14. Tel (they/them)

Abused actually, it's without consent, she's not old enough to give consent and he knew that, so it's sexual abuse.

You didn't answer the question.

15. Tel (they/them)

Which gives the sense that they disagree with the 'severity' of his sentence.

At least Comm has had the balls to say it.

16. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Nor am i going to, while the question contains "of a footballer". Like its supposed to make it worse.

17. MrRAWhite

Well that's where you have me wrong...My point is that the law should be a level playing field..If it was deemed that he got 6 years for this, then the raping of a young child should be a lot higher..

18. Tel (they/them)

I'll rephrase it then but just to let you know, that bit's in there because these rich and famous people are abusing their positions of trust and status, that's all.

Would 6 years be satisfactory for you if your daughter who had just turned 15, was sexually abused in the back of a 27 year old man's car?

19. Tel (they/them)

I didn't point any fingers at you. Get off your defensive.

I agree though, it should be a lot higher <ok>

20. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

A car that she had willingly underhanded visited twice, whilst lying and decieving everyone?

A car she was happy to visit a third third time, but after getting stood up?

Everyone with kids, if it was their own would be emotionally distracted from certain facts and would want his nuts on a skewer, me included.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.