1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Tottenham Hotspur "Spiral" Watch

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by The Ginger Marks, Sep 13, 2016.

1. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

That's the problem with Kane though, cut the service and he offers nothing, I think he needs to put himself about a bit more and drop deep now and then to receive the ball.

I agree with All he's still learning and is a very good player already. Liverpool fan isn't he?

2. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

It's when he's forced deep to look for the ball that he tends to be less effective. So Catch 22 really!..

If you've got £100 mill to spare, we might persuade him to convert!...:biggrin:

3. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Was until you dumbass mo fos told him he weren't worth £5m ... in old money that is a sixth of a Andy Carroll <laugh>

luvgonzo likes this.
  4. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want him as he wouldn't suit our system.I would like to see him go abroad and really develope into an all round player. I think more English players should do this, it would also benefit the England team.

Libby likes this.
  5. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

None of that benefits Tottenham so I'm afraid 'I'm out'

remembercolinlee likes this.
  6. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Fair enough mate. I rate him tbh, but I was thinking about improving him as a player.

7. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

It's about systems.....top teams tend to play with one striker. I think he would be great in your team. His game goes up a few notches when he has certain players behind him...not to do his work, like some posters like to believe...but because it's a team game and he links up well, brings others into play etc. Many of his goals come from positions usually occupied by the 3 behind him.

8. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Barcelona? ... guess it depends on your definition of 'top' <laugh> I like Harry and he's still improving .... and he will always score goals if chances are made for him. He's never going to collect the ball on his own half way line, beat 3 defenders and round the keeper - but he doesn't need to. Will be interesting to see if Jansen can make an impact now.

9. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Well ok not all top teamso_O...but it's a popular system from what I can see. No he isn't going to collect the ball on the half way line and beat a few players...that bloke is called Mane, Hazard etc....as you say Kane doesn't need to do that. I don't hold much faith in Janssen but I hope I'm wrong.

10. Loving the bitterness from non-Yids regarding Kane and Alli. <laugh>

Like Conte or Klopp wouldn't shoe-horn either player into their first XI <laugh><laugh>

Like Kane isn't considered, by almost every single professional pundit across the Globe, as the greatest striker in the Prem and one of the best in the World <laugh> <laugh><laugh>

I really do wish some of you would let go of the wummery, just for a little while.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.

11. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Not sure why people don't rate him????

Yes he's a 'traditional' striker, but he'll score you 20+ every season. I had my doubts at first but he's shown his quality consistently now.

A bit like Pep not wanting to play Aguero as he didn't do much other then score. Seems ridiculous tbh. Klopp does it to an extent by playing Firmino as a 'false 9'.

So with the foreign managers rocking up at the PL is a traditional striker going to be something of the past?

12. Skylarker

Calm down mate <laugh>

13. <laugh>

I did try to avoid hyperbole, but I was on a roll, and before I knew it I'd spat the words out, mate!

14. Skylarker

I'd say Agureo, Zlatan, Costa, and Origi are better. Probably 5th best for Kane.

Possibly chuck Lukaku in to that list too.

BobbyD likes this.
  15. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Yeah but he does do a lot more than just score, our attacking quartet is always more fluid with Kane as part of it..he drops back...he could play the number 10 role for us too as he is brilliant with link up play.

Obviously these other aspects of his game can only be appreciated in game..you won't get stats mentioning these things. You see that he does a lot more if he's on your team. People like Milner and Barry have carved careers out of grafting hard on a pitch and they both are regulars for whoever they play for. Yet everyone else thinks they are plodders. Kane works harder than Aguero...I'd swap Kane with Origi, but none of the others.

Hoddle is a god likes this.
  16. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

They all talking like he's **** but I bet they all jizzed themselves as he hobbled off injured <laugh>

Hoddle is a god likes this.
  17. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

The only one I'd rate better at this time, is Aguero. I certainly wouldn't swap him for any of the others.

18. Skylarker

Maybe the Origi part was said with sarcasm :bandit:

remembercolinlee likes this.
  19. Skylarker

I might have got slightly soiled.

20. Skylarker

You're probably right when thinking long term.

Short term Zlatan pisses all over Kane. I ****ing hate man utd, just fact unfortunately!