1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Tottenham game

Discussion in 'Wolves' started by Neilynotquite, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Neilynotquite

Neilynotquite Member

I didn't think it was the worst performance on Saturday, I know Tottenham are a good side, and we had a 15 minute period in the first half when we were on top, but I couldn't agree with McCarthy's comment saying we matched them for 70 minutes. To me it was clear throughout the second half that we were getting outpassed and outmanouevred in midfield, and it was only a matter of time before they were going to make a decent chance. I'm not convinced we are good enough to play 4-4-2 against the top sides, even at home, and I think he should have changed it after an hour to give us a chance of getting some possession in midfield.
    On the plus side Gareth Bale didn't get a look in against our full backs, which was where I really thought we would be vulnerable.
    Let's hope for a really good performance against QPR.

2. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't think McCarthy was too far wrong. the first half we were pretty much even, and up until their first goal, it could of gone either way.

Fair enough they showed some class when it came to the goals and cut us open pretty easily, but lets not forget that they were playing Champions League football last season and Bale alone is worth about the same as our entire squad.

In the end another good performance, we didn't get ripped apart and a little luck or more class from our players who had chances we could have got something out of it.