1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League The Tottenham All Teams week 2

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by SpursDisciple, Aug 14, 2017.

1. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

The truth hurts

2. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

That's more mod abuse from you.

3. SpursDisciple

Forum Moderator

Luke's words not mine

4. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

That's the genius of it. We enter completely different predictions and still manage to end up in the same place every week.

Although last season we only managed it in Spurf's league with one prediction. Doing it in yours will be a challenge but one that I'm relishing.

5. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Buck passing as well

<laugh>

6. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Saturday 19th August
    Swansea City 1-2 Manchester United 12:30
    Bournemouth 1 - 1 Watford 15:00
    Burnley 2 - 1 West Bromwich Albion
    Leicester City 2 - 0 Brighton and Hove Albion
    Liverpool 4 - 2 Crystal Palace
    Southampton 1-1 West Ham United
    Stoke City 1-2 Arsenal 17:30

Sunday 20th August
    Huddersfield Town 1-1 Newcastle United 13:30
    Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Chelsea 16:00

Monday 21st August
    Manchester City 1-1 Everton 20:00

<cheers>

7. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

I like yours too, obvs - I've been 3rd and 1st in the last two seasons.:emoticon-0178-rock:

8. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

Swansea 0 Utd 2
    Bournemouth 2 Watford 1
    Burnley 1 WBA 1
    Leicester 2 Brighton 1
    Liverpool 3 Palace 1
    Soton 1 West Ham 0
    Stoke 0 Arsenal 2

Huddersfield 1 Newcastle 1
    Spurs 2 Chelsea 1

City 2 Everton 1

9. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

Swansea 0-3 Man Utd
    Bournemouth 2-0 Watford
    Burnley 1-2 WBA
    Leicester 2-0 Brighton
    Liverpool 3-0 Palace
    Soton 1-1 West Ham
    Stoke 0-2 Arsenal

Huddersfield 2-1 Newcastle
    Spurs 1-2 Chelsea

City 2-1 Everton

Thanks SD

10. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Swansea 0 Utd 2
    Bournemouth 1 Watford 1
    Burnley 2 WBA 1
    Leicester 1 Brighton 1
    Liverpool 3 Palace 1
    Soton 2 West Ham 0
    Stoke 2 Arsenal 3

Huddersfield 2 Newcastle 0
    Spurs 0 Chelsea 1

City 4 Everton 2

11. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

Swansea 1-1 Manchester Utd
    Bournemouth 1-0 Watford
    Burnley 1-0 West Brom
    Leicester 0-1 Brighton
    Liverpool 1-1 Crystal Palace
    Southampton 1-0 West Ham
    Stoke 1-0 Arsenal

Huddersfield Town 1-0 Newcastle United
    Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 Chelsea

Manchester City 1-1 Everton

12. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

Swansea 1-4 Man Utd
    Bournemouth 2-1 Watford
    Burnley 2-1 WBA
    Leicester 1-0 Brighton
    Liverpool 3-1 Palace
    Soton 2-0 West Ham
    Stoke 2-2 Arsenal

Huddersfield 1-0 Newcastle
    Spurs 2-1 Chelsea

City 2-1 Everton

<ok>

13. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

Swansea 0-4 Man Utd
    Bournemouth 2-0 Watford
    Burnley 0-2 WBA
    Leicester 3-1 Brighton
    Liverpool 1-1 Palace
    Soton 2-2 West Ham
    Stoke 2-1 Arsenal

Huddersfield 1-2 Newcastle
    Spurs 4-1 Chelsea

City 3-1 Everton

14. Blue and White

Blue and White Well-Known Member

Swansea City 0-2 Manchester United
    Bournemouth 1-1 Watford
    Burnley 2-1 West Bromwich Albion
    Leicester City 2-1 Brighton and Hove Albion
    Liverpool 2-2 Crystal Palace
    Southampton 1-1 West Ham United
    Stoke City 1-3 Arsenal
    Huddersfield Town 2-0 Newcastle United
    Tottenham Hotspur 2-2 Chelsea
    Manchester City 3-0 Everton

Thank you

15. SpursDisciple

Forum Moderator

LAWRO'S PREDICTIONS
    All kick-offs 15:00 BST unless otherwise stated.
    SATURDAY
    please log in to view this image

Swansea v Man Utd (12:30 BST)
    Swansea got themselves a good point at Southampton on the opening weekend, and it felt like that was what they went to St Mary's Stadium for.
    I thought Manchester United played well in their 4-0 win over West Ham but the Hammers were poor - after United scored their first goal, it was a little bit too easy for them.
    There are much harder tests to come for Jose Mourinho's side, but I think they will get another win in Wales without too many problems.
    Jump media player
    Media player help
    Out of media player. Press enter to return or tab to continue.
    Swansea planned for life without Sigurdsson - Clement
    The big question for Swansea now is how they cope without Gylfi Sigurdsson, who moved to Everton this week.
    I suspect they will use the £45m they got for him to strengthen their attack with at least two signings, but they won't have them in place in time for this weekend.
    Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Bournemouth v Watford
    Watford's draw with Liverpool last Saturday was a real rollercoaster ride with them twice going in front and then rescuing a point with a last-gasp equaliser.
    The Hornets looked decent up front but obviously had some problems at the back, and Bournemouth will feel like they can hurt them.
    Jump media player
    Media player help
    Thrilling draw a fair result - Silva
    The Cherries' 1-0 defeat by West Brom was a little bit of a nothing game, not helped by the fact they conceded relatively early on because the Baggies just shut up shop.
    That won't happen this time around, and I am backing Eddie Howe's side to get off the mark.
    Lawro's prediction: 2-1

Burnley v West Brom
    Burnley's win at Chelsea was a fabulous result and they played really well to get it. Yes, Gary Cahill's red card changed the course of the game, but the Clarets had started well and went on score some really good goals.
    Despite their win at Stamford Bridge, I still think it is going to be a tougher season for Burnley than it was last year - but they would be happy with four points from their first two games, if they do get a draw this time.
    Jump media player
    Media player help
    Not many gave Burnley a chance - Dyche
    With West Brom the visitors, I don't see this one being a goal fest - and I am going to go for a draw.
    Jay Rodriguez played really well for the Baggies last week and was a bit unlucky not to score from open play - I think he might change that at Turf Moor.
    Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Leicester v Brighton
    Leicester looked really lively in their defeat by Arsenal on the opening night of the Premier League season.
    Jamie Vardy was looking particularly sharp and obviously they have got Kelechi Iheanacho waiting in the wings. I think they will just have too much firepower for Brighton.
    After their defeat against Manchester City last week, this is another tough introduction to the Premier League for the Seagulls because Leicester are very strong at home.
    Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Liverpool v Crystal Palace
    Against Huddersfield, Palace looked like a team where the new manager has come in, changed the whole way they play and the players are not convinced by it.
    It did not seem to suit them and it can hardly help Frank de Boer that he has not been able to make many signings - sometimes the players you have must dictate your tactics.
    For example, Eagles striker Christian Benteke did not fit into Jurgen Klopp's playing style when he was at Liverpool, and I think De Boer needs to keep it simple at the moment.
    So, if you have got a 6ft 3in centre-forward like Benteke, then get people into wide areas and get crosses into the box for him.
    Jump media player
    Media player help
    Palace shouldn't have lost - De Boer
    Palace forward Wilfried Zaha is now out injured for a month too, and this feels like a good time for Liverpool to play them.
    That is why I am backing the Reds to win - although I am tipping them to keep a clean sheet, which is quite a big shout at the moment.

Southampton v West Ham
    West Ham are on the road again - they are starting the season with three straight away games because London Stadium is not ready for matches after hosting the World Athletics Championships.
    That is not ideal anyway, but even less so after the manner of their 4-0 defeat at Manchester United on Sunday.
    Jump media player
    Media player help
    Disaster result for Hammers - Bilic
    Southampton made a better start with their draw against Swansea, but their problem was they did not really look like they were going to score despite having plenty of chances.
    I think they will have more opportunities on Saturday because, like their ground, West Ham do not quite look ready. If Saints can take them, they will win this time.
    Lawro's prediction: 2-1

Stoke v Arsenal (17:30 BST)
    It is going to be very interesting to see how Jese Rodriguez gets on at Stoke after his arrival on loan from Paris St-Germain.
    Stoke looked a little bit rusty against Everton last weekend, and they definitely needed some more firepower in their squad. Jese has a big reputation. The question is, can he live up to it?
    Jump media player
    Media player help
    Wenger delighted with 'cracking' opener
    Arsenal only just got through their topsy-turvy game against Leicester and are not always great away from home.
    They have also struggled at Stoke in the past - but they won 4-1 there in May and I think the Gunners will come out on top again this time too.
    Lawro's prediction: 0-2
    SUNDAY

Huddersfield v Newcastle (13:30 BST)
    I loved the comments of Huddersfield manager David Wagner after his side's win over Crystal Palace, which were along the lines of, 'we have made a really good start but we are not kidding ourselves'.
    I thought that was the perfect way to approach it, because he knows there is a lot more hard work to go.
    Jump media player
    Media player help
    Wagner praises 'clinical' Huddersfield
    Newcastle were doing all right against Tottenham until Jonjo Shelvey got himself sent off, and that was the end of that.
    Magpies boss Rafael Benitez will not want to start the season having played two, lost two, so I think they will be keeping things pretty tight.
    A draw would not be a disaster for Huddersfield, though. That would leave them on four points, and they would only need another 36 to stay up.
    Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Tottenham v Chelsea (16:00 BST)
    This is Tottenham's first Premier League game at Wembley but it will not be quite the test that people were expecting when the fixtures came out.
    I just think Chelsea are all over the place, as we saw against Burnley last week.
    Jump media player
    Media player help
    Chelsea lost their heads too easily - Conte
    They are without suspended duo Gary Cahill and Cesc Fabregas after their red cards against the Clarets and Eden Hazard is not ready to return from injury yet.
    Pedro and Tiemoue Bakayoko are also injured and there is no end in sight to the Diego Costa saga either, with the striker still in Brazil. The situation with him is just absurd.
    So I am going to go for a Spurs win - if I am right, then Chelsea really are in crisis, aren't they?
    MONDAY

Man City v Everton (20:0 BST)
    Everton have made another good signing by getting Sigurdsson from Swansea. They have now brought in almost everything they need, apart from a centre-forward.
    Jump media player
    Media player help
    Sigurdsson is 'one of the best' in the Premier League - Koeman
    The Toffees got a point at Etihad Stadium last season with a classic counter-attacking display - defending in numbers and attacking on the break through Romelu Lukaku, who got their goal in exactly that fashion.
    I'm sure Ronald Koeman will try the same tactic this time, but without Lukaku they pose a lot less of a threat.
    Manchester City had to be patient when they faced similar tactics at Brighton on Saturday, and I think this will be the same because Everton are not going to come and attack City.
    It might take time, but City will find a way through eventually.

16. SpursDisciple

Forum Moderator

Merson's picks

Swansea v Manchester United - Premier League Live, Saturday from 11.30am, Sky Sports Premier League
    Swansea got a result at Southampton but they weren't great. Manchester United didn't really do anything for the first 30 minutes against West Ham, but then they scored the first goal and West Ham collapsed.
    Having the Gylfi Sigurdsson deal sorted should help Swansea, but now they have to replace him. I know he hasn't been playing but it has dragged on. I think Manchester United will have too much for them and will make it two wins from two.
    PAUL PREDICTS: 0-2 (9/2 with Sky Bet)

Huddersfield v Newcastle - Nissan Super Sunday from 12.30pm, Sky Sports Premier League
    I thought Newcastle did alright against Tottenham. They weren't great but they looked hard to beat and Spurs didn't really look like scoring until Jonjo Shelvey was sent off.
    The pressure will be on Huddersfield a bit more after their win at Crystal Palace and they might have to chase the game more. I know Huddersfield have bought players in but Newcastle were the better team in the Championship last year and I think there's less pressure on them this weekend.
    PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1 (5/1 with Sky Bet)

Tottenham v Chelsea - Nissan Super Sunday from 3.30pm, Sky Sports Premier League

Chelsea won't lose here. I think both teams will be more than happy with a draw. You have to remember that the last thing Tottenham want to do is lose this game - their first at Wembley this season - and Chelsea can't afford to lose a second game on the bounce.
    Both teams will be nervous and I think it will be quite cagey.
    If not a draw I would probably go Chelsea. I was not impressed with Tottenham at Newcastle, I thought they were poor.
    PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1 (5/1 with Sky Bet)

Manchester City v Everton - Monday Night Football from 7pm, Sky Sports Premier League
    I don't see Everton scoring bundles of goals this season. Sigurdsson is a good player but where are all these new players going to play? I remember when James Milner was bought by Manchester City in the year they signed loads of players and you looked and thought where are they all playing? That's the case now with Everton it seems.
    Also, they have lost 25 goals with Romelu Lukaku. If you take Harry Kane away from Tottenham where would they finish? They still have a team full of experienced internationals, but Everton don't. It's a big void to fill. Everton will be seventh but they need a forward if they want to try to break the top four.
    I don't see Everton blowing teams away and Manchester City are on a different planet to them at the moment.
    PAUL PREDICTS: 3-0 (7/1 with Sky Bet)

Bournemouth v Watford - Saturday, 3pm
    I thought Bournemouth were disappointing at West Brom, they had a lot of the play but didn't really have many chances. Watford should feel confident after scoring three against Liverpool but I still think they are going to be relegated this season.
    Jermain Defoe has to start for Bournemouth. What was the point of going there if he's not going to play? Bournemouth play two up front, have a good go most matches and he should get lots of chances. I thought it was a perfect move for him and I'd like to see him up front with Josh King.
    PAUL PREDICTS: 3-1 (12/1 with Sky Bet)

Burnley v West Brom - Saturday, 3pm
    I watched Burnley last Saturday and to score three goals at Chelsea was phenomenal. They played well and getting the away win so early might be a monkey off the back as they cannot afford to have an away record as bad as last season. They had a brilliant home record but the teams they beat at Turf Moor they might not beat again this year.
    West Brom are quite hard to beat and solid at set plays as they proved last weekend, but I expect Burnley to win this one.
    PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1 (9/1 with Sky Bet)

Oops! Remember you need to log in using your Sky iD to watch Premier League video

&lt;img src="http://e3.365dm.com/17/08/768x432/promo326822871_4072073.jpg" class="auto-size__target widge-figure__image" alt="Watch: Chelsea 2-3 Burnley"&gt;
    Watch: Chelsea 2-3 Burnley
    Leicester v Brighton - Saturday, 3pm
    I thought Leicester were really good against Arsenal. They let in a lot of goals but they always looked like scoring and I expect them to have too much for Brighton.
    It was a tough start for Brighton against Manchester City but they didn't show too much.
    PAUL PREDICTS: 3-0 (12/1 with Sky Bet)

Liverpool v Crystal Palace - Saturday, 3pm
    Both teams have defensive concerns but more so Crystal Palace. I know Liverpool let in three at Watford but they didn't lose and then they won in midweek, which was a great result. Palace have done well at Anfield over the last few years but they are not good enough defensively.
    You don't want to start a season with a home defeat like they did against Huddersfield. It puts them up against it. If you lose this game then you are behind the eight ball already and I don't think they have been great in the transfer market.
    The manager is asking them to play out from the back and when you do that with a lack of a confidence you're asking for trouble.
    PAUL PREDICTS: 3-1 (10/1 with Sky Bet)

Southampton v West Ham - Saturday, 3pm
    I thought for 25 minutes West Ham were comfortable against Manchester United last weekend, but after 2-0 it was cringeworthy and worrying. If they lose this game then they have another two away games to come as well.
    I heard Karren Brady on The Debate on Sky Sports saying they have four away games now but then three home games in a row in March - wow!
    You need to get off to a good start in the Premier League and not be behind the eight ball. Teams at the bottom won't win five games on the spin and I think it's worrying for West Ham. I didn't like what I saw. There are ways of losing matches and at the end against Man Utd it could have been anything.
    Southampton had chances last week against Swansea, like that sitter Maya Yoshida missed at the back post, and I think they will get off the mark.
    PAUL PREDICTS: 1-0 (6/1 with Sky Bet)

Oops! Remember you need to log in using your Sky iD to watch Premier League video

&lt;img
    Stoke v Arsenal - Saturday, 5.30pm
    I was impressed with Arsenal against Leicester, in the sense that it was what you expect from Arsenal - scoring lots of goals and letting in a lot. You want to watch them play.
    Will Arsenal improve at the back when they get players back from injury? No. They play a certain way and that's why they won't win the Premier League.
    But Stoke didn't do well at Everton and they don't frighten you anymore. They are not like the old Stoke teams, now it's a good place to go and play.
    PAUL PREDICTS: 1-3 (12/1 with Sky Bet)

17. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Saturday 19th August
    Swansea City 0-2 Manchester United 12:30
    Bournemouth 2-1 Watford 15:00
    Burnley 0-1 West Bromwich Albion
    Leicester City 3-1 Brighton and Hove Albion
    Liverpool 2-0 Crystal Palace
    Southampton 2-1 West Ham United