1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The too much to talk about Malaysian GP awards

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by allsaintchris., Oct 2, 2016.

1. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

Best Driver:
    Worst Driver:
    Best Rookie:
    Best Team:
    Worst Team:
    Best Overtake:

Most Surprising Result:
    Least Surprising Result:
    Funniest moment:
    Excuse of the week:

Special Mention:
    Best post from the race thread:
    Race Rating: ?/10

2. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Best Driver: Lewis - Dominant all weekend
    Worst Driver: KMag
    Best Rookie: Palmer, persevered and benefited from the Saftey car
    Best Team: RB, but they were lucky, a possible DNF whilst letting Lewus scamper off?
    Worst Team: Ferrari, poor overall performance highlighted by Nico's drive!
    Best Overtake:

Most Surprising Result: RB 1-2
    Least Surprising Result: Merc on the podium
    Funniest moment: Max calling Vettel crazy #WTF
    Excuse of the week:

Special Mention: Nico for his recovery, Danny for the win
    Race Rating: 7/10

3. Sportista

Sportista Well-Known Member

Best Driver: Daniel
    Worst Driver: Wehrlein quite poor this week
    Best Rookie: Palmer
    Best Team: RB closer than you would expect to Merc
    Worst Team: No one terrible, but Williams seemed never to get it together
    Best Overtake: I'll bend the rules and give it to the RB's racing even though it didn't result in a change of position

Most Surprising Result: Merc not winning
    Least Surprising Result: Inconsistent stewarding
    Funniest moment: Verstappen on the radio at the start
    Excuse of the week:

Special Mention: Jenson seemed to go well, but didn't get lucky with the safety cars. Rosberg for the comeback drive including making the move he needed to on Raikonnen.
    Race Rating: 8/10

4. moreinjuredthanowen

Best Driver: hmmmm... Hamilton was excellent. But I felt that rosberg was tough and forced (literally) his agenda there. Great drive.
    Worst Driver: Ocon for ANOTHER speeding in pit lane issue.
    Best Rookie: meh there are no rookies by now except for ocon and he deserves nothing.
    Best Team: Red bull beat ferrari all ends up. I thought force india ere good until the race actually go underway <laugh> Possibly mercedes unilt hamilton blew up
    Worst Team: Ferrari
    Best Overtake: IMO I will count ricciardo fight off and retaking the spot off verstappen. That was super racing from both men. rosberg on raikkonen as a ballsy move.

Most Surprising Result: Red bull getting 1/2
    Least Surprising Result: Hamilton appealing to the worst elements after going out. I hate when he turns to this muck. Who knows what broke but stop digging that pit.
    Funniest moment: merce head in hands... sorry but watching the legend that is lauda stand there and kick the guy cos he was on camera holding his head in his hands for me was quite surreal. Max giving it large was more ironic for me than funny. .. special mention to the rather sheepish vettel.. that was also quite funny given the whine about kyvat that cos thte lad his drive.

Excuse of the week: 43 engines or whatever... 8x6 plus 2/3 extras is a lot more than 43 mate.

Special Mention: Alonso massive up the gird at the start. the guys to took advantage of the starting chaos were largely ignored i feel but some did spectacular jobs
    Race Rating: 8/10 lots of action throughout.

5. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Best Driver: Alonso, back of the grid to 7th in the McLaren Honda, the ultimate F1 opportunist.
    Worst Driver: Vettel, there were no stand out bad drives, I don't think he did that much wrong, but his actions put him out of the race.
    Best Rookie: Palmer??
    Best Team: Red Bull
    Worst Team: Manor? Alonso was right, they could put and aircraft engine in there.
    Best Overtake: the wheel-to-wheel RBR fight was quite good, they may be allowed to race, but me thinks stacking them at the pit was more about making sure both finished than tyre concerns. I think Max had Danny but RBR decided to pay him back for Barcelona.

Most Surprising Result: RBR 1-2
    Least Surprising Result: Hamilton bitching at his team or Verstappens hypocritical whining about other drivers.
    Funniest moment: Rosbergs face after sipping champers from a sweaty shoe.
    Excuse of the week:

Special Mention: Hamilton, even I felt a bit sorry for him, and Bottas quietly got on with gaining himself 6 places.
    Race Rating: 7/10

6. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

Best Driver: Hamilton & Alonso. HAM for his dominance throughout the weekend and his ruthless pace to attempt a one-stopper – all to be undone. ALO for his superb result after starting dead last!
    Worst Driver: Vettel. Astonishing misjudgement from a four-time World Champion. His crash at turn 1 would have been inexcusable even from a rookie!
    Best Rookie: Palmer. He's quietly getting his act together and beginning to answer his critics.
    Best Team: Red Bull. A creditable performance. Opportunism is the name of the game, especially when another team has a clear edge in performance.
    Worst Team: Manor. Ferrari and Williams both below par too.
    Best Overtake: Verstappen on Perez for third, early in the race. Later on though, his battle with Ricciardo was captivating – the highlight of the race; and Red Bull top brass should be applauded for following in Mercedes' footsteps by allowing it.

Most Surprising Result: Red Bull 1 - 2.
    Least Surprising Result: Verstappen's whinging has become as predictable as a Merc getting on the front row.
    Funniest moment: Grosjean: "The brakes are breaked!"

Special Mention: Hamilton's chances for this year's biggest prize have dropped below realistic. Rosberg's title to throw away.
    Race Rating: 7.3/10