1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours The Summer Transfer Rumour Thread 2016

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by TheSecondStain, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Who would have thought three signings would have got us to 500 pages! Its clearly going to happen. <laugh>

saintkitch likes this.
  2. saintkitch

saintkitch Well-Known Member

You said she is investing hundreds of millions pounds every year. I question whether the Liebherrs as a whole have a net spend of more than a hundred million in there whole time in charge. I'm not saying they should I'm just asking if they are that much out of pocket.

3. saintkitch

I've said before. The way he ran the club when he was here I think was amazing. We were a shambles and needed sorting. He did it and I think he had to be the one hate figure to the staff to get the results he did.

4. saintkitch

Not saying it is. Just saying it's not surprising for the owners to invest a bit of cash into the business once in a while.

5. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Nope, I know plenty of people that worked under him that would disagree with you. There is being harsh to help stable a sinking ship, then there is trying to micro manage every single thing. He pissed off a hell of a lot of people and they are grateful he has gone.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  6. Whiteley Saint

Whiteley Saint Well-Known Member

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/4479991.display/

This is from when Markus was about to take over the club. I think this part is very interesting when looking at how Saints is run and where they are trying to get it to:

'The Liebherr family business was set up by the late Hans Liebherr in 1949 and now employees 32,000 people worldwide. But despite its colossal size and growth, it is one of few companies that has grown without ever taking on any debt.'

7. saintkitch

I'm sure they are. He wanted people to work hard for what at the time was a failing about to go out of business football club. If that had happened everyone loses their job. For me he saved not only our football club but also a lot of people's jobs. After doing that he pushed us to the next level which is always going to ruffle a few feathers. I'm sure he wasn't a nice man to work for but he always had the interest of the football club at heart and was always pushing it forwards.

Anyway enough of cortese he is history and it's purely the future that's important now. Self sufficient or not.

8. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Yep, that's agree to disagree. We will see if Kats way is the best way.

saintkitch likes this.
  9. latviandream

latviandream Well-Known Member

He did. It's just no-one chose to believe him.

10. ----HistoryRepeating----

Cut n paste from Morgan more-like......

11. latviandream

latviandream Well-Known Member

That's nothing like what Morgan said though is it. Fonte states the club slogan '#wemarchon' and then added 'together' when some fans panicked.
    Morgan stated “6 years of an amazing journey #saintsfc DESTROYED in 1 hour.” Massive massive difference imho.

12. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I think that was what turned fans into headless chickens, but as said Fonte clarified it.

13. ......loading......

......loading...... 25 undefeated

The problem is that Fonte has always been so vocal about the team and management and how everything will be okay, yet now he has only said a few things on social media and nothing at all through club media. So guessing he was not in a good place with the club would seem logical, really.

14. ----HistoryRepeating----

Can do the rest of his talking on the pitch now. Hope Les waits to reward him with an extension though. Let Mendes eat pasta for a few nights.

tiggermaster likes this.
  15. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

If Jose hadn't had his head swayed a little then he would have been almost unique in the realms of football. Even Le Tiss was going to sign for Spurs, and only his 1st wife stopped him. The fact that Jose didn't say anything during the transfer window lets me think that he took a mature view and let things play out, instead of doing the Morgan rant. More power to Jose for that.

16. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

I am really having a problem understanding why people would think Fonte needed to make a statement in regards to the alledged United interest. We will probably never factually know whether there was some genuine interest. Presumably Saints hadn't discussed anything with him. So effectively no statement to make. Bearing in mind he had virtually only just signed a extension to his contract so no one would have expected him to consider a move.

TheSecondStain likes this.
  17. West Kent Saint

West Kent Saint Well-Known Member

I'd assume the interest was genuine IMHO Beddy. Spaced Saints is right, he is normally quite vocal about the project and his silence post Euro win was ominous. Fair play to him, he didn't spit his dummy out as he's a pretty decent guy by modern football standards. Glad he's still with us. Hope he doesn't now have shocker!

18. Beddy

I have to admit it was an unusual situation..........although it is my opinion that it more likely was the media putting 2&2 together and making 5 because of the nationality and joint agent with the United manager!!

19. ......loading......

......loading...... 25 undefeated

He's already had a shocker against Sunderland!

West Kent Saint likes this.
  20. Beddy

I really don't think there is going to be much we can add to this summer transfer thread.....so am going to close it down...............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.