1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours The Summer Transfer Rumour Thread 2016

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by TheSecondStain, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craig222

craig222 Well-Known Member

Sod it, here it is....

f6nte "Once in the national team only national team interviews/talks are allowed hence my "lets leave that for another time" when asked about the questions regarding my own club situation.
    To make it perfectly clear to everyone that might have some difficulty understanding I am a Southampton player and proudly have been since 2010, understand that once I step on the pitch with the saints shirt and armband I give my blood, sweat and tears for the club and always will no matter what you read or think. My professionalism means everything to me, and no one can point me a finger about it.
    I am fully comitted to succeed with my 2 teams @SouthamptonFC and @selecoesportugal
    Thank you #wemarchon"

latviandream, VVD and SAINTDON13 like this.
  2. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Been posted on the Fonte thread. I am glad he has now actually said something. But like it has been said, why couldn't he do it in the transfer window? I obviously hope he gets back to the old Fonte on and off the pitch. I am willing to wait and see.

3. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

You are saying he was wrong to say nothing, then when he does say something, you say he should have said it earlier, little wonder that players are tending to keep quiet, whatever they do say would be corrupted and turned against them one way or another. :headbang::emoticon-0121-angry

VVD and Archers Road like this.
  4. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

If he has said something innocuous when he first got back, no one would have been so suspicious. No need to commit himself. Even Pelle posted how nice it was to be back in Southampton when we all knew he'd just come back to pick up his toothbrush.

However, what's done is done. A few cracking performances will put it straight.

5. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Don, he has fueled the flames and undermined the gaffer who needed everyone pulling together. Nice that you see the best in every situation, but he has behaved miserably!

Saints Fan4Life likes this.
  6. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Has he? By not saying anything on social; media before now? I would hardly call that behaving miserably.

7. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Just my opinion. If I was a player who is the subject of loads of rumours/ speculation then I would have spoken up sooner. It's fine now as he won't get his move as the window is shut. The more important thing is he shows it on the pitch. We have had plenty of players say something, but actually think something else. Time will tell.

8. ----HistoryRepeating----

I expect more from my club Captain. Putting out, not starting.......

9. SAINTDON13

As you rightly say, actions speak louder than words, we can judge him better from his performance on the pitch rather than what he says off of it.:emoticon-0127-lipss

10. saintkitch

saintkitch Well-Known Member

I don't own my own business but I work for a family business that turns over well over a million pound a year. We have good months and some quieter months. Occasionally we have to invest in new equipment that can cost tens of thousands of pounds. The owner more times than not has to invest his own savings into this but see's it as an investment that he will recoup over the next 10 or 20 years. This investment leads to new contracts and a higher work load which increases the company turn over. I'm finding it difficult to see why this doesn't make sense to some of you. It really is pretty simple.

11. ----HistoryRepeating----

That seems far too harsh.
    ;)

12. saintkitch

It must be nearly time to stop blaming cortese for his involvement. He only did what he was allowed to do and I for thank the lord he did what he did. As for the training ground it wouldn't be the first quote for a new development to increase.

13. saintkitch

I never said we should be pumping money in. Beefy said KL was pumping hundreds of millions into the club every year and I disagreed with him.

14. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

It does make sense. But it is not the way Kat wants to go about it. Every person has the own ideas of a sustainable business. I myself am self employed and have to manage my own accounts. I have done it both ways.

15. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Made sense to Katharina....that's what she did. But is now letting the business pay for itself.

16. SAINTDON13

Is opinion fuelled by what you read on Social media or in the press or did you make it up of your own volition? My religion is based on Happy Clapping and worshipping at St. Marys. Why should I assume that things are evil when I don't have the real facts to work from?:emoticon-0112-wonde

17. ihatemyselfandwanttodie

ihatemyselfandwanttodie Well-Known Member

Let's be honest, working for a company turning over a million is nothing like running any football club, let alone a premium one who has a mega rich, commercially astute owner with access to some of the best advisors.

18. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

As I said I didn't mean that at all. I said Kat doesn't want to do that. She has invested a lot in the past. She paid for the training ground and paid off a high interest loan Cortese had taken out. A lot of the other clubs their owners pump money in each year to keep their team with in the rules. Kat doesn't want to have to have to invest her own cash in us every year.

19. saintkitch

Pretty sure that's what I've been saying from the start. I disagreed originally with beefs remark about the amount of money KL was investing.

20. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

I don't thank him for getting us into a little money trouble. I also don't thank him for wanting to be a dictator and pissing off loads and loads of staff. I do thank him for his tough stance on transfers etc, during the time we really needed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.