1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Stephen Ireland Loan Deal..

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by WayneLikesBlobs, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WayneLikesBlobs

We have signed him on a loan deal, which i believe is a fantastic piece of business from the Pardew.

BUT if Ireland produces the form we all know he is capable of, will we be able to buy him? Ben Arfa had a clause which gave us the opportunity to buy him if things worked out.

Does Ireland have one? Because i'll be pretty pi**ed off if we develop his match fitness & form, only to say bonjour to him at the end of the season to a fellow league opposition.

Anyone know the details of this loan deal?

Cheers. :)

2. RubenGC

RubenGC New Member

Really good signing, has his personal faults but definate skill and potential. really hope there is a clause. Lets hope Aston Villa wont be ''seeing him again, dont know when''. B*s*a*d*

3. Jonas' Dance Teacher

Jonas' Dance Teacher Active Member

I hope it is with a view to a permanent deal as I have a big feeling we will see the best of him!

Ireland is an unpredictable character and aparently his mind changes like the wind so ya never no, hopefully Joey will have a word with him

4. Beatski

Beatski Well-Known Member

I think you mean 'au revoir', bonjour = hello.

I'd assume that the loan has some preset amount to buy option, because otherwise as some have pointed out, we're essentially doing villa a favour for no good reason

5. Son of a pitch

Son of a pitch Active Member

I'm sure they'd add some form of line in his contract that gives us the opportunity to sign at the end of the season.

A good deal though, glad to see we're not wasting/risking money on players before they prove they're good enough for the squad!

6. Stevie T

Stevie T Active Member

Usually these deals have a clause that the club the player has been loaned to have first refusal on signing him permanently. Up to Ireland to prove himself now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.