1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

the siggurdson fee

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN, Aug 17, 2017.

1. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

Sets the bar for mahrez leaving. Surely 45 million plus. And we dont need to sell. The only issue would be potential dressing room unrest but this seems to be currently being handled very well by both the club and riyad's agent

2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Apparently is only £40m + £2.5m add ons.

Either way we set the price and unlike Swansea are not pushovers - rumours are that we have put a £40M pricetag on Drinkwater as well.

3. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

If Drinky goes, I fear we will be in big trouble. No one else has the same ability to get up and back for 90 minutes and break up play.

I don't understand why we should expect Mahrez's fee to be bigger than Sigurdsson's. The difference in performance between the two last season doesn't support this.

4. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

It is what it is because that is what we want - doesn't matter what other players from other clubs that play in different positions go for.

BTW Drinkwater was even worse then Mahrez last season so why no complaints about his fee?

5. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I don't know why people are complaining - in this market Everton I got him for a fair fee

6. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Have to disagree with that one. When Drinky was out at the end of the season we lost the midfield and the games. He was irreplaceable whereas Mahrez wasn't.

Also Sigurdsson would be the replacement for Mahrez, so their function (not their position on the pitch) would be the same.

7. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We will disagree - Drinkwater was the most under performing player and the source of many of our problems in my eyes last season as he was really poor at retaining and and recycling the ball forcing Mahrez and Vardy to drop deeper so they were much less effective counterattacking.

Now James is back who kept Drinkwater out of the side under NP and we also have Iborra, Mendy and maybe even Barnes, we can afford to cash in get rid - would be 4th choice at Chelsea so is a sign of his ambition.

I am not discounting how poor Mahrez was/is but am saying we have no viable replacement and I have no clue why - he has straight out said he want to move and very likely will when Liverpool or Arsenal make him their panic buy at the end of the transfer window. Am really hoping that we will pull something out of the bag - even Snodgrass on loan would be better then what we currently have.

As for Siggurdsson - would have loved to see both him and Mahrez but doesn't matter how.