1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Sevilla Thread

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Something about nothing given we're scoring goals. However, I see Sergi Enrich, the enigma that we tried and failed to buy out on deadline day, was made La Liga player of the month for February.

upload_2017-3-12_11-53-40.jpeg

2. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

He is a quality player. Would have given us a dimension we probably don't have - can't say for certain as I have only seen highlights of games since September but judging by the Tottenham game we could have done with his skill and goal getting ability.

3. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Me and Mrs 2 now in Leicester awaiting a comeback.

4. Fulhaman

I have actually put a couple of quid on you beating us. This is based on the fact that whatever I put money on fails to happen. Sorry and all that. Either way, one of us will have a less than happy other half. Best of luck.

5. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Big game tonight! Excitement and nerves building, not sure Mr 2 whitestripes is in the same state! Hopefully it'll be a good match, atmosphere at the KP, sorry Leicester City Stadium, should be terrific. Although I've seen reports Sevilla haven't been at their best recently and our form has improved, I can't see us not conceding and predicting Sevilla to go through unfortunately. Although we could play really well and do it, it's the hope that gets you <yikes>

6. Fulhaman

Okay, so things didn't pan out quite the way I had hoped they would. To be honest it was a typical recent performance from us. Something is not quite working at the moment within the squad and from the moment Nasri got his marching orders I knew we were doomed. That incident almost provoked a riot in my house (and indeed street). It looked soft and Vardy was very disappointing in his reaction. The señora had two of brothers round with us and they all went absolutely ballistic at the ref, Vardy, Leicester, the English and the universe in general. I decided to keep my own counsel. It was not a comfortable night in Casa Fulhaman. First time we have lost a European knock out match since 2012, I believe and we had 70% possession on the night as well. Not good. Barcelona might leave our manager alone now, though.

On the upside - I did win 45 euro's with my bet on Leicester. I haven't yet mentioned this to the señora. Discretion being the better part of valour and all that.

Captain Morgan and Cottager58 like this.
  7. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

Your secret is safe with us.

Fulhaman likes this.
  8. Foxy in Foyle

Unsurprisingly I'm a deliriously happy camper. A very stunned one I've got to be honest, I'm fairly lost for words and that's very rare <laugh>
    The atmosphere was phenomenal but that felt the longest 90 minutes of my life. Still all feels a bit sureal. I'm just pleased that we weren't the embarrassment in the Champions League many predicted....Spurs & Arsenal taking the crown there <whistle>
    Enjoy your winnings though Fulhaman, put them towards your flights for the playoffs.

Fulhaman likes this.
  9. 2whitestripes

Send €5000 or I tell the wife <badger>

It was a brilliant game and atmosphere , I got quite carried away, according to Mrs 2.
    At least you will have another opportunity soon.

Fulhaman likes this.
  10. Cottager58

Bet you had your manton wrapped round your face when going in to pick up the winnings Fulhaman.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the other controversal incident - when the ex-QPR guy did a "Fulham". Could have changed everything.

11. Fulhaman

Well, it's more of a bufanda, but I take your point.

12. 2whitestripes

When Sevilla were about to take the penalty, I couldn't help but shout out "Come On Fulham", not too sure if any LCFC fans knew the meaning though.
    I did seem to work the magic needed.

13. Fulhaman

Well, we certainly took it like we were Fulham.

14. Foxy in Foyle

Very glad that you did <whistle>
    Athough I couldn't actually comment on how bad it was as I had my eyes closed, hiding under my flag, praying & wondering why Mr Foxy/Mr 2WS was shouting 'come on Fulham'......

Cottager58 likes this.
  15. Fulhaman

So I got home last night and, after having kicked next door's el Gato off the steps leading up to my front door, got indoors. The señora was waiting up and suggested that she dust off her bikini and we take a trip to the beach as she knew a nice relaxing day by the sea would cheer me up. Its not too far to the coast - no further than driving to Brighton from London, so we set off this morning and have just got back. Very nice it was, too - about 25 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. Sea is a bit cold to go in at the moment, but laying on the beach was grand - and I didn't really even mind that we lost to Atletico. It's just been one of those weeks.

Cravingawin and Cottager58 like this.
  16. Cottager58

Keep on the sunny side Fulhaman. Like the Sevilla boss man after the game when he said, "the late goal wasn't enough".

Really loved that spin on things, given Atletico Madrid were 3-0 up at the time.

Fulhaman likes this.
  17. Cottager58

Oy !! ... Hands Off !!!!

"Sevilla are reportedly the latest club to enquire after Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon. The La Liga side are currently sitting third in the Spanish top flight, eight points off Real Madrid in top spot, and according to Bleacher Report are interested in signing the 16-year-old in the summer."

Source: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor.../sevilla-enter-race-liverpool-target-12823963

On the other foot Fulhaman, see Mr Moneyball has finally gone. Some sad faces when this was announced at the press conference, "We did everything we could to keep him, but we had to think about Monchi as a person"

18. Fulhaman

Yes, 17 seasons he's been at Sevilla. He's been wanting away for a while and I honestly thought he would go at the end of last season. Single handedly changed the club, really. Be interesting to see what happens post-Monchi.

In other news, we can offer Ryan a lovely life out here - hot summers, warm winters, lots of money, Champions League football, great academy, play against some of the greatest players in the world, nice house, pool, great food, dark haired, flashing eyed senorita's - what more could a young chap want, eh?

19. 2whitestripes

To play for his team, Fulham I believe :emoticon-0128-hi:

Cottager58 likes this.
  20. Cottager58