1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Scottish Referendum pt 2

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

What's your take on this lads?
    Not close to the detail myself but it looks as though wee Jimmy Krankie will keep holding referendums until she gets to daub on the blue face paint and pronounce Scotland's freedom atop Hadrian's Wall.
    I know a canny few Scots, and unlike an even split for the last referendum.. not one of them wants another one so soon. They seem to say it should be 10+years now and unanimously concur that she seems to be putting 'making a name for herself' above actually doing the right thing for Scotland.
    The main issue they cite is the double uncertainty of leaving the EU AND leaving the UK.
    Either way, wee Jimmy knows she will get told she cannot hold one for the forseable but will undoubtedly lap up the PR benefits for the snub as she sends Scotland's workforce south with trowels and mortar to try to repair the wall.

please log in to view this image

2. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

Imagine being wedded to Sturgeon? <you widnae get a word in>

3. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

She has no interest in Scotland. Her only interest is Nicola Sturgeon.

My own take is whatever happened

a) to the once in a generation vote - can't remember any caveats or fingers crossed last time.

and

b) democracy - aren't Scotland part of the UK who collectively voted to leave the EU?

4. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

I'd like the referendum to take place albeit after the Brexit negotiations have been finalised. I don't trust a Westminster government to do anything for anyone north of Watford let alone Scotland.

5. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

I've seen the opposite from the people I know. Last time the vast majority were against independence, mainly with so many of them having family connected to the naval base. Now I'd say it seems to be more 50/50. I'm split on this myself. I think independence would be good for Scotland, but it would have a negative effect on the North East. Overall I think I'd like to see greater powers for the current Scottish government rather than independence, but matched by proper regional governments in England. As QWOP said, Westminster focuses way too much on the South East. It's not even a North/South thing as Cornwall and Devon get shat on from a great height too.

6. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

If the Scottish people really want another referendum then let them have it.

If they don't then their leader is trying to get power she thinks would be best - for her.

7. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Think it is absolutely the last thing either country needs at the moment. No way does the EU want an independent Scotland and for the UK at the moment a weakening of our GDP is not a good thing when we are coming out of EU. Definitely no JOXIT at this time.

8. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Once the negotiations are complete with brexit I'd allow them a referendum. Obviously it is completely stupid to do even discuss it before and completely irresponsible to even raise the subject. It's just political manoeuvring and taking advantage of a situation for personal needs. None of these ****s give a **** about how any of the home nations actually fair. It clearly weakens our bargaining with Europe if we are dealing with mutiny within our own isles. She could have waited but has pounced to help edge us towards a **** deal, making it more likely independence will be achieved. If they truly wanted to represent their whole country they'd have let the brexit deal be done, approached it afterwards following a fundamental change in what the original vote was based on, and im sure it would then have been resolved amicably. She also knows that while May can be firm with her she can't turn round and say **** off because that will also work against keeping the UK together.

All round Sturgeon is an absolute **** of a person representing a bunch of ****s. ****ish behaviour. **** her and her cronies.

9. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

But how do you really feel?

BobbyD likes this.
  10. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Always was one who kept his feelings to himself.

<whistle>

11. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Genuine question.... if you were held at gunpoint and forced between boning Teresa May or Sturgeon.... who wid ye choose?

12. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

The bullet.

13. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

It would hurt to shoe horn one's tackle into a bullet.

Unless you are Obi with his nano penis.

14. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

May - otherwise all I would be able to see was Jimmy Krankie. Plus Teresa has always got those big chains round her neck. Might get kinky.

J. J. McClure likes this.
  15. Warmir Pouchov

When I say representing a bunch of ****s - I don't mean the scottish people. I mean those around her, all conniving to undermine Brexit. Just so the Scots don't think I think they're all ****s. Some of them are though.

16. Warmir Pouchov

May.

I'm with Seabass on the Krankie thing. Plus on principle I can't have Sturgeon.

17. GeordieHalfbreed

GeordieHalfbreed Well-Known Member

Sturgeon - to make a change. Theresa May has been f*cking me (and the rest of the country) since 2010.

18. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Good shout.

But..... could you really put up with her says ng 'fandabydozie' and sticking two thumbs up just as you fire the harry onto the boat?

19. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

I'd take wee Nicola over cold May any day of the week. I bet she's a right dirty bitch too :)

20. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Up the booler anarl.