1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Rodwell Jinx

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by ZendensdodgyMoves, Jan 19, 2017.

1. ZendensdodgyMoves

I see jack has picked up an injury creating the perfect opportunity To string 2 or 3 wins together before he comes back into the side. It must have a psychological effect on him and the team when he starts, especially when we go a goal down. Honeyman to come into his slot for the time being?

2. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Nordic likes this.
  3. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

Agree here & feel a bit sorry for Rodwell as imo his career was ruined by his Man City (lack of) opportunity - danger for all young promising players about need to choose clubs carefully.
    Moyes needs to have faith in our young guns as look at Everton and the mags recent successes with young starlets. Come on Moyes don't let us down - KTF

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  4. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

No lose situation as I see it. Put the kids in and if they click (A 'la Rowell, Arnott and Elliott) then we have some gems on our hands. If it goes tits up, so be it, our so called 1st team isn't exactly rocking right now..nothing to lose.

5. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Lose lose imo. Put the kids in and they do well for a couple of games and Ellis thinks "we don't need any new signings" so won't splash the cash then it all goes tits up again and we're screwed!

Also - got loads to lose - promising youngsters could be killed in a team that are struggling - would probably never fulfill their potential

6. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Shame that Rodwell is injured as he gets some form. I still don't know what to think about the so called Rodwell Curse but at the end of the day we only win when he doesn't play. Does that mean it's his fault at all? I don't know, maybe.

7. ZendensdodgyMoves

The window closes in under 2 weeks. Doubt they are going to be that sensational we sack all transfer options! Let's be optimistic they may be great, we are sinking and need a spark from somewhere. If they are that fragile they won't make it anyway.

8. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

I would love that - but even if they are great it doesn't mean we don't need to strengthen (that's more the point I was trying to make - probably badly!!). You might win stuff with kids when you're doing well, but it's very rare they get you out of a hole which is where we're stuck at the minute.

As for the Fragile thing - they're kids in a losing side - it can destroy a players' career regardless of how good they might have been in a confident one. Luckily the keeper breeds confidence (Pickford that is) and we miss him massively IMO. Never seen a Sunderland keeper with distribution like that. Easy for you and me to say "They get good money, they should be able to handle it" but it's not that simple and we all know it's not

9. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

If I had as much time on the sick at work as Rodwell has for us id be sacked.

Just a thought :emoticon-0138-think.

10. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Catts and Hoff would also be shown the exit door, crocks are us. <ok>

11. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

What is it now? 36 starts for Rodwell without a single victory! Sorry, but something is wrong here and we really need to part ways both for his and our sake.

12. red&white wanderer

But promising youngsters become lower league flops if not played - it's a conundrum but I agree with Flanders that we need to take a chance at times when the 1st team players are under performing - give them head <cheers>

13. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

I'm not superstitious by any means but that 36 figure is unsettling!!

If I was the manager I think I'd rather start with 10 than start with Rodwell on the pitch.

Ok maybe I am just a little bit superstitious after all.

Makemstine Roger and MrRAWhite like this.
  14. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

You can, if you think that it would help, Wandy, but I wouldn't <yikes>

15. flandersmackem

If's what's and maybe's Marcus.......Its all about opinion mate...mine is...we have nothing to lose, as I see it, the way we are going right now, we are going down with substandard players, the kids just might work..as I say, just my opinion

16. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

So much negativity..The fact is that we looked like we were getting our act together before getting some key players injured and then the African Cup. We are now getting some of those key players back in training..Onwards and upwards..

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    Fentonpell and Brian Storm like this.
  17. flandersmackem

Not negative just realistic based on our situation, however, I would be the happiest guy ever to be proved wrong

18. red&white wanderer

I posted it's a chance it's not a certainty but if we don"t play them why have an academy at all - we ain't awash with money to buy our way out of this. It's a conundrum but I go with fortune favours the brave esp in these desperate times. Many on here disagree though -
    We'll see what happens on Saturday - a much needed 3pts would be nice regardless of who plays

19. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Maybe see a bit more of Honeyman in the next few games, and still think a back three is a possibility tho' until we get Kone back, or some new faces in.

20. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Rodney is dog cum imo.