1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The QPR match

Discussion in 'Wolves' started by Neilynotquite, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Neilynotquite

Neilynotquite Member

Difficult to find any positives from that performance today. We looked off the pace from the start, and never gave ourselves a chance to get into the game. Do our players need to feel they are the underdogs before they produce their best?
    However, I'm old fashioned (I'm entitled to be because I'm old), and I really can't stand supporters booing our own players off the field. You can't blame this group of players for not trying, unlike the Hoddle team, so I really think we should stay behind them.
    McCarthy needs to try to work out why we struggle to perform so often against teams we think we might beat:sad:.

2. qpr1976

qpr1976 Active Member

I don't think WW played well because Rangers didn't let them. Rangers harassed and hustled whenever a wolves player had the ball but wolves didn't seem to be able to do the same thing. Rangers passing was just so good at times. Sometimes the opposition are just better and we have to accept that. I'm sure it will happen quite a few times to us this season.

3. Neilynotquite

Neilynotquite Member

I don't dispute the fact that QPR were the better side on the day, but it's not just about how well your team played. We were way off the performances we have produced in previous matches, and had we played how we can it might have been a decent game. Hennessey made the best save of the match in the first minute, which shows how slowly we started. Bottom half teams need to be at their best to be competitive and I feel we let ourselves down yesterday. Take the incident when Matt Jarvis made Luke Young look stupid, then looked stupid himself as he barely made contact with what should have been an easy pull back to make. On that performance I think we would have lost to any other team in the Premier League.

4. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Yeah some credit has to go to Rangers because they started with the energy which we had been showing the last few games but severely lacked in this game.

I was nervous of Elokobi's lack of pace before the game as it was proven right during the game, Jarvis not 100% but still started in a game which would have suited Hunt more, saying that virtually everyone had one of the worst games I have seen for some time.

I was hoping that after Fulham and Blackburn that we had got over these pathetic performances against the sides who are going to be in or around us at the end of the season.

They may be paying big wages for the players they bought in but they are hopefully an eye opener to the Wolves management that if you pay the money you get the players, with the players they have, as long as they can keep JB(like the player but he gets involved in stuff he shouldn't) from suspension and players fit then i wouldn't be surprised if QPR finished above us this season.