1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Wandering Yid, Feb 9, 2016.

1. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

What happens if you own two houses? Can you choose which one they take? I had a look on rightmove and you can buy a two bed house in Blackburn for less than 6 months salary.

2. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Both

3. deedub93

Well thats not very good for tory party funders who own big f-off 2 million pound houses. That wont go down well.

4. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Hence the desperate backtracking

5. deedub93

I sure there will be loopholes somewhere. Form a limited company, sell your house to the company and install your children as directors. If the company pays you for the house over a 1000 year period it would be very difficult to get any money out of it to pay the government.

6. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

Aren't politicians employed to help the people and the country,not help themselves to nice nesteggs? Mother was wrong!!!!!

7. deedub93

They are all public serpents my friend, snakes in the grass.

8. deedub93

It's a very badly thought out policy. Someone who waits until their late fifties to have children, like me, probably won't be around to see their kids through university and beyond. It stands to reason that they ought to be able to pass on more than someone who has their children in their 20's, who can support their kids at this difficult time.

In my will I've left my UK house to my UK daughter rather than my wife for totally different reasons, but I'm very glad that I have now.

Alfie Conn likes this.
  10. deedub93

He's within his rights to envoke the 5th amendment. I would in his situation. In fact I'd do a Hilary and destroy every bit of evidence that there was.

Spur of the Moment likes this.

11. bigsmithy9

Wouldn't it have been a quiet world for all if Hillary was pres and Bill as "First Lady"? Apart from "One Hung Low" in N Korea!

12. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I have no idea how he thought he was going to get away with this. The media covered it at the time.
    RT itself ran the story: https://www.rt.com/op-edge/324131-rt-10-years-conference/

Here he is, nicely seated next to Vlad himself, just across from US Green Party leader, Jill Stein:
    please log in to view this image

13. bigsmithy9

Just looking for a black face.Some hopes with Trump and Putin!

14. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

That was their post-lunch entertainment, wasn't it?

15. Former CIA Director John Brennan has said an investigation into possible collusion between Trump campaign officials and the Kremlin is "well-founded". Mr Brennan, who stepped down as CIA director in January, testified on Tuesday: "I encountered and am aware of information and intelligence that revealed contacts and interactions between Russian officials and US persons involved in the Trump campaign that I was concerned about because of known Russian efforts to suborn such individuals. "It raised questions in my mind whether or not Russia was able to gain the co-operation of those individuals."
    His evidence undercuts President Donald Trump's claim that the investigation is a "taxpayer funded charade".

However, the White House take on matters is slightly at odds……. They said Mr Brennan's testimony "backs up what we've been saying all along. There is still no evidence of any Russia-Trump campaign collusion," the administration said in a statement.

Which reminded me of this classic.....

<laugh>

16. humanbeingincroydon

Meanwhile, a little closer to home, totalitarian buffoon Amber Rudd says that it is "irritating" that US officials leaked key information about the Manchester attack to the US media before that information had even been confirmed by the police.

Funny how she doesn't find it "irritating" that the lack of security on the NHS servers led to the ransomware attack...but then again, that would be accepting responsibility for the Tories ****ing something up, wouldn't it?

17. humanbeingincroydon

redwhiteandermblue likes this.
  18. humanbeingincroydon

Lucky how nothing that could've been averted by adequate police funding has happened in the two years since she gave this speech...

19. Oh, the irony. Oh, the feckin' irony!!
    Guess it's only a crime when it's not him that's done it!!

Manchester attack: Trump condemns media leaks - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40048565

20. humanbeingincroydon

The obvious issue here is the bare-faced assholishness of it all

US officials leak details about the bomber's name to the US media long before the police had confirmed it
    Amber Rudderless declares this to be "irritating" and it should not happen again
    Within a few hours, US officials responded to this by leaking photos of the blast site to the New York Times

Picture what would happen if it was the other way around, for example in the wake of the Boston bombing British officials leaked the names of those involved to the British media, were publicly criticised for this by a high-ranking government official, yet ignored it and decided to leak a bunch of photos of the carnage to the Daily Mail. They'd likely have the CIA or the NSA popping around to have a nice, friendly chat about what they did - and that would likely be the tip of the iceberg.