1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Wandering Yid, Feb 9, 2016.

1. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

Surprisingly enough, the Republicans pulled their bill to repeal and replace Obamacare, the issue they've been campaigning on for 8 years.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/20/politics/kfile-roger-stone-wikileaks-claims/

Roger Stone, a Trump campaign aide, repeatedly and correctly predicted what leaked documents would be forthcoming. He said he had some connection to Julian Assange, who has denied it. Taken together with Trump's campaign manager being a paid Russian agent (http://www.salon.com/2017/03/22/tru...rman-paul-manafort-was-paid-by-russia-report/), the idea of there being no connection between the Russian effort to influence the election and the Trump campaign is looking farther and farther fetched...not to mention Jeff Sessions, Michael Flynn and others lying about contacts with Russian officials.

Reaction has been muted. One can only imagine what Republicans would do if a Democratic president had acquired the smallest taint of Trump's Russian stench. Tea Partiers actually whipped up a shout of "Hang the Kenyan traitor!" a few years ago. Yep, the scummiest of the scum of the earth brayed about putting a very decent human being to death for absolutely no good reason.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  2. Trump blames Democrats for failed healthcare bill - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39388815

No you clown, the Democrats are the opposition and opposed the replacement of their policy. But they are also the minority in Congress......... 30+ of your own Republicans were going to vote against it!! That's why you pulled the plug......

3. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

He's fooling nobody.

He's tried blaming Ryan, the speaker. Now it's the democrats, anybody but himself for trying to push through a plan that even his own party wouldn't support.

#****ingbuffoon

4. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

He'd make a great manager, wouldn't he? "It's all the other team's fault for trying to win."

5. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

One of several adverts that ran yesterday, after the Republican healthcare vote died on it's arse:

How bloody amateurish is that? Clowns. It's also utter bullshit, but that's expected.

6. RobSpur

RobSpur Well-Known Member

Fake News update.

I read a statistic today (albeit unsubstanriated), that as many people are dieing each day in Mosul, as died in a month in east Aleppo during the government siege.

200 civilians alone were killed in an airstrike this week (yesterday I think).

These air strikes are being carried out by the US military.

Bearing in mind the US government's (and the western media's) daily 'outrage' at the 'war crimes' being committed by arussian and Syrian military forces in Aleppo, this (and the lack of media coverage about it), strikes me as another great example of western double standards and hypocrisy.

It's one rule for one, and another for the other.

7. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

I thought this was all going to stop when Trump got in?

8. RobSpur

You thought what was going to stop ?

9. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

The US activities in Syria and the Middle East in general.
    Wasn't it you telling us that Clinton wanted WWIII and that Trump would prevent this sort of thing from happening?
    Apologies if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

10. RobSpur

Why does everything on this thread, have to be turned into a discussion on Trump ?

You guys are completely obsessed by you hatred and prejudice against the man imo !

What I said btw, was that Trump's approach towards Syria was far better than Clinton's, which it was.Trump is letting Russia get on with sorting out the catastrophe caused by the west and those they veciforously supported for years, whereas Clinton's policies were to confront Russia, and to use "the Kurds" (who are essentially on the same side as Assad) to topple his government ! People call Trump's policies clueless, but he didn't have anything in that regard on Clinton.

But my point here was nothing to do with Trump and Clinton. It's about the double standards of the west pouring scorn on russia and syria for its 'war crimes', and then falling silent when the US does the same thing, but on a much bigger scale.

BobbyD likes this.
  11. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Trump is 'busy' letting his new mate, Putin, get on with making sure his pet dictator - Assad, stays in power.

Why Trump is so interested in helping Putin is, of course, another matter altogether!...

12. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

It's Trump that's in charge of the thing that you're talking about. It would be odd not to mention him, given the context.
    You're currently slagging off what he's doing and claiming that he's doing the right thing. Which is it?

It's also possible to criticise all sides involved.
    Assad and Putin are murderous dictators. That doesn't mean that Trump's not or not trying to be.
    Who has been silent about the US in Syria? Certainly not the Western media.

13. RobSpur

Mosul is in Iraq mate.

14. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Nice dodge. Any chance of an answer?

15. RobSpur

It wasn't me who put Mosul in Iraq, it was already there.

There's no comparison at all between western coverage and reaction to Aleppo v Mosul.

Mosul (allegedly 30 times higher civilian casualty rate than Aleppo - almost no press coverage. No government comment whatsoever.

Aleppo - almost daily press coverage,mwith the media and western governments repeatedly calling those responsible for liberating the city 'war criminals'.

BobbyD likes this.
  16. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

That's just not true, though. The reverse is closer to being accurate, in fact.
    Do a few Google searches and it's really obvious.
    You've just read a piece of Russian propaganda and parroted it without fact checking, I'm afraid:
    https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/...eppo-mosul-mainstream-media-double-standards/

17. RobSpur

What total and utter rubbish.

It's absolutely pointless attempting to enter into discussion on this thread, because its contributors are interested only in bashing trump and russia etc, and are not open to considering any issue in any sensibke or objective way.

Christ almighty. How can someone present an argument that there's been more press coverage about attrocities in mosul than in Aleppo, with a straight face ? It honestly beggars belief that the regular contributors to this thread hold themselves out as independent.

This isn't a doscussion thread, it's just a hate club.

18. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

You've not attempted to have a discussion, though.
    You've made a claim and I've disagreed, while showing where you got the claim from.
    You didn't offer any evidence to support it, so why should people accept it?

The claim itself comes from a Russian propaganda news agency, which itself quotes a piece from New Eastern Outlook.
    That's a journal that's produced by the Institute of Oriental Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
    It's based in Moscow and is known for coming up with stuff like this for dubious websites.

Rejecting dubious claims from even more dubious sources isn't being part of a hate club. That's ridiculous.

19. RobSpur

Thank You for showing me where I got the 'claim' from.

I had never seen the article in my life, but I appreciate you teaching me that I had, all the same.

Thank you also for exaplaing to me, how much more press clverage there has been of civilian deaths in mosul, than there was in aleppo, and for trying to tell me i had got everything wrong about mosul, even though you didnt know what country it was in (in spite of claiming to have been bombarded by press coverage about it).

That's just great. <ok>