1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Wandering Yid, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Apologies to who and for what?

Trump team 'incidentally monitored' after election - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39358363

The overnight news has simply confirmed that LEGAL communication surveillance of persons close to Trump was undertaken and that there is substantial evidence being gathered.

The Trump claim was that Obama personally authorised the wiretapping of his campaign. That has just been shown not to be the case - so any apologies should be from Trump to his predecessor.

And his muted comments in the last few hours suggest that he may realise the hole that he is in and for once has decided to stop digging!

2. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

That lunatic egomaniac, apologise!?....that'll be the day!...

3. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/22/polit...may-have-coordinated-with-russians/index.html

"...the bureau had gathered "a credible allegation of wrongdoing or reasonable basis to believe an American may be acting as an agent of a foreign power."

These are only reported allegations, which, even if made, have not been proven, and, even if proven, do not necessarily involve Trump. But I've been wondering why Trump seems to be flailing around like a madman. The fact that what's being alleged is treason is a tempting explanation.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  4. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

My understanding is that the "incidental monitoring" activity is :

1. triggered as a result of who the endpoints (person, nation etc) of the communication are

2. is autonomous/routine by those govt depts, and does not require a nod from
    the man at the top.

To use an analogy, if I start IDD calling someone in North Korea, GCHQ are going
    to be on the case very quickly. And when I learn they subsequently they were
    monitoring those calls from then on, I cannot shout the odds that the PM PERSONALLY
    decreed that the monitoring be done.

5. Ignorance appears to be a family trait in the Trump clan - Jr just taking a pop at London Mayor Sadiq Khan regarding reasonable comments made in an interview some time ago. Great timing even if the comments had been current. Twat! <doh>

6. RobSpur

RobSpur Well-Known Member

Just trying to tott up the dignified apologies.

By a rough initial count, I make it zero.

Oh well.

7. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Just to trying to tott up the reasons offered that Trump or his political/business
    associates might be subject to USA govt agency monitoring of their comms.

So far :

1. I count two.
    2. The one claimed by Trump seems to more a lot less likely than the other.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  8. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Why would anyone apologise? Trump claimed something and he was wrong.
    Obama didn't wiretap him during the election. There's absolutely nothing to support that.

Members of his campaign were monitored because they interacted with people that were under investigation.
    This happened during the transition, according to Nunes.
    Meanwhile, Trump's campaign manager was working for Russia. Just ignore that, though. That's fine.

9. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

Working for Russia and paid 10 million to screw up American politics.Seems he succeeded.He got a richardhead elected to the White House.
    10 million a year for Lord's sake.

Mind you,that's what Man U are paying Boghole and Rooney....each!

10. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Paul Manafort? Who could've predicted that?
    It's not like he'd worked for a bunch of dictators in the past, including a Russian-backed one in Ukraine up until last year, was it?
    It was? Oh.

11. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Just thought I'd point out that the guy that supposedly paid Manafort to influence US policy was Oleg Deripaska.
    He's the former business partner of Roman Abramovich.

12. And an old buddy of Osbourne and Mandelson - allegedly!! :emoticon-0138-think

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  13. Ironic that the attack yesterday on Westminster should happen on the day that Martin McGuinness died - linked to IRA atrocities and to active service units that targeted London in general and parliament specifically in the 70's and 80's.

I find the lauding of this former terrorist abhorrent, despite his later 'Road to Damascus' moment. We should be grateful for his contribution to the transition in Northern Ireland over the last 20 years - but his actions of the previous 2 decades are too severe to wipe that slate clean. He was no freedom fighter - he was no Mandela!

14. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

I've actually got money on the twat, Trump, not lasting more than 12 months.

The knives are out for him, he's pissed off too many of the wrong people over there.

15. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

It's an interesting betting proposition. I personally think that even if he goes, it will take longer than a year. My guess at this point, given what feels like a frantic and not very skillful coverup, is that damning evidence will come to light fairly soon, if it hasn't already, but that Trump will do everything he can to stay in office. This is a man who's declared bankruptcy nine times. Exiting the presidency in disgrace will destroy his empire, I think.

These will be interesting times, that's for sure. While the odds of the President being impeached have skyrocketed thanks to Trump taking over from Obama, the odds on the North American republic and the world as we know it going the way of the winds have risen significantly as well.

16. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Who took your bet? Paddy Power refused to give me odds.

17. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

In a new opinion poll, 60% of Americans think Trumpf is dishonest. Doesn't say a lot for the other 40% does it?

18. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

How many of that 40% asked what honesty was?

19. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

According to waffling gargoyle Nigel Farage, British values include hopping on a plane to the US so you can appear on Fox News to make up all manner of gibberish in order to fit their Narrative about how Londoners are panicked, afraid, and the city has come to a crashing halt in response to Wednesday's attack from which it has yet to recover.

No, Nigel, that simply has not happened - although it is telling he had to cross the Atlantic to spout this crap, almost as if he'd be told to shut his gob if he attempted to spread such blatant bullshit in this country.

Spur of the Moment likes this.
  20. What a complete **** that man is!!!