1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Should the UK remain a part of the EU or leave?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Stay in

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Get out

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Yes I know every place has poverty. I am well aware of that fact. What poverty have EU countries got that the UK hasn't????

2. TheBigDipper

TheBigDipper Well-Known Member

Good post.

What do you do, if I may ask?

3. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Finglas I have never said the UK hasn't got problems. I have read enough about the food banks, the low earnings and people being made homeless. If you read my post I just said "I hope they enjoy their lavish party/celebrations/gifts while so many people in the EU live in poverty." I don't see your connection to my statement? They are giving out gifts to each other and spending (god knows how much) on this lavish celebration of what? Okay, some people will say it's been a success and others like me thinks that it has actually divided people. If we read some of the stuff on here/FB/Twitter you can see just how successful the EU has been, or not? However someone has mentioned that they always do these 'state things' so I guess the EU fans won't care,

4. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

So the UK never spends money on celebrating things? How much money was spent on the Queen's 90th birthday celebrations for example? I;m not anti the queen, just using that as an example of how public money can be spent celebrating things.

The problem I have with your contribution with this whole thread Ellers is you have spent hours and hours constantly running down the EU and bigging up the UK for it's superior wealth and how much the EU will miss the millions that you contribute. I have no problem with you or anybody else on here being proud of their own country. I think national pride is a good thing. The decision is made to leave. Please leave with a bit of dignity and respect for the rest of Europe. You will be fine without us and equally, we will be fine without you. That is my point.

5. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

Spending money for the Queens 90th Birthday is an investment in the tourist industry which brings in a lot more money than it costs. Spending money celebrating the EU is just an excuse for a piss up.

kiwiqpr and rangercol like this.
  6. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Isn't 60 years without war in Western Europe a good enough reason for a piss up? Definitely worth a champagne or 3 that.

finglasqpr likes this.
  7. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

Not when they pay for it with my tax money and I dont get invited! :)

KentGaz, kiwiqpr and QPR Oslo like this.
  8. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I am sad you think that way Finglas because if you read up to the referendum thread about page 190ish onwards I only had one post and it' wasn't about the EU. I think you were actually flying the flag for the EU more than I was against.
    At that time I had mixed feelings on the whole thing. I was a 'remainer' until the last week (I clearly state that in this thread). I then changed and changed again. Too much crap was being said by both sides so I decided to do my own research. I looked into things and felt that the EU would not change so I decided to vote leave (and after a comment by some French minister).

After the Leave vote won I saw a sudden change in people's attitudes towards leave voters. I witnessed on here and many other places people calling leave votes 'thick/racist blah blah blah'. Some on here were consistently posting daily that the pound had dropped a point or companies were all going to leave and it was the end of the UK, that has not happened. Agree we will face some tough times ahead, that is the price we will have to pay but at least it will be done 'in house" and not by some bloke who has never been to this country or knows out our culture.

I will also add that in this thread I have moaned about Cameron/May/Trump/Farage/Corbyn and many others. I am not stuck on some anti-Tory/Trump rhetoric like some on here (not you by the way). Some things about Brexit have p'd me off and I have said it so to say I constantly run down the EU is wide of the mark. I think they do a good enough job of that without me stating it. :emoticon-0148-yes:

finglasqpr likes this.
  9. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

KooPeeArr and QPR Oslo like this.
  10. QPR Oslo

Should have paid for your trip over the pond too right!

durbar2003 likes this.

11. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Would anybody object too strongly were I to describe Douglas Carswell as a total bell-end?

12. QPR Oslo

13. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Clever bloke although I am not sure where his loyalties lie. His dad was also a clever bloke and was involved with AIDS discovery in Africa.

14. Uber_Hoop

I'm quite clever, to be fair, Ellers, but I'm a complete bell-end. :)

UTRs and ELLERS like this.
  15. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  16. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

The effect was chilling. Barnier made clear May’s “no deal” option was no option at all. He warned of queues of lorries at Dover

no queues the other side then
    be a lot more lorries trying to get in

always good to start negotiations with lots of threats

GoldhawkRoad and UTRs like this.
  17. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I gave up reading after line three when it said 'least trustworthy government in living memory' <laugh>
    They seem to have a short memory? Just another deluded article by the Guardian which was the 'remainest' of the 'remain' papers. They just cannot accept the result the deluded muppets.

rangercol and kiwiqpr like this.
  18. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

'Llistening to both sides of the argument' again Ellers?. If you had read more than three lines (do you read more than three lines of anything?), you might have understood that the piece is not about the result, but how the result is being implemented.

19. TheBigDipper

TheBigDipper Well-Known Member

It's a lot easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they've been fooled.

Someone a lot smarter than me wrote that. It never seemed truer than it does right now.

Who's been fooled? Is it me? Is it someone else? We'll find out.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  20. Uber_Hoop

It can't be me that's been fooled as I read articles in The Guardian.

rangercol likes this.