1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Should the UK remain a part of the EU or leave?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Stay in

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Get out

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Will Selfimportant? The bloke is a complete knob. I have had the pleasure of sitting in a room listening to his crap.

More important is Manufacturing up on a 9 month high. Shop sales over dec/Xmas up (even M&S clothes <yikes>)
    Even the 'remoaners' on SkyNews have put a lid on it and concentrating on Trump.

rangercol likes this.
  2. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

I take it he's not on your Christmas card list then Col?? That made me laugh out loud.

rangercol and ELLERS like this.
  3. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

if you are poor/unemployed/uninsured etc whats the healthcare system like in the us
    can you still get the timely treatment you need for cancer
    do they get the same level of care

4. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Well this is a surprising election result in a labour heartland ...

5. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I think Corbyn might need to reinvent himself ...

please log in to view this image

6. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Senior Labour MP Tristram Hunt quits Parliament. An ominous sign that Labour moderates will begin to leave the party to the militant left?

rangercol likes this.
  7. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Plainly an anti-Brexit protest vote.

sb_73 and QPR999 like this.
  8. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to feel that the Lib Dems are the only option for me. Shame I really don't like their leader. Perhaps I should join and usurp him. I reckon it would take three years, it's not a party you have to timeserve in.

9. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Not surprised by this. The Lib Dems (and the Green Party) were the only ones to have a clear, unequivocal, position on Brexit.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  10. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I'm inclined towards the Lib Dems at the moment too. As Cologne says, at least they have a clear position on Brexit. I don't mind Farron too much, apart from the god bothering of course.

I reckon you should go ahead and run for the Lib Dem leadership - you could wind up leader of the opposition in the next parliament. It would make PMQs more fun.

11. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

lets hope you`re wish of cutting social and health care funds don't come if you end up down on your luck one day dude..........why do you lot do politics anyway.....its a fking sham making you think you have a choice>>>>>YOU DONT

I`ll let mr carling put it in his words how it works......America and Britain same face different mask

12. GoldhawkRoad

Might I mention Alan Carr? A political philosophy based on his jokes would be just as valuable

please log in to view this image

13. aberdude

do you think so??>>>>>>>>>show me some of his work if you didn't mind <ok>

he wouldn't be no worse than the eton brigade that reside in Westminster hey........so better 2 have someone who`s funny in mind than someone who`s got a funny handshake I guess <ale>

14. aberdude

15. GoldhawkRoad

If Newsnight need a couple of new presenters, Carlin and Carr would be dynamite

rangercol likes this.
  16. aberdude

they need new people that's for sure, im fed up with fake news and fake politicians running our lives...........so out with the old and in with comedians>>>>pity the best are dead mind <laugh>

17. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

When did I say that

18. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

Photographer: John Thys/AFP via Getty Images
    Trump Calls NATO Obsolete and Dismisses EU in German Interview
    by
    Rainer Buergin
    January 15, 2017, 5:00 PM EST
    • President-elect chastises Merkel on refugees, praises Brexit
    • Comments to Bild suggest policies to mirror campaign rhetoric
    U.S. President-elect Donald Trump called NATO obsolete, predicted that other European Union members would follow the U.K. in leaving the bloc and threatened BMW with import duties over a planned plant in Mexico, according to an interview with Germany’s Bild newspaper that will raise concerns in Berlin over trans-Atlantic relations.

Quoted in German from a conversation held in English, Trump predicted Britain’s exit from the EU will be a success and portrayed the EU as an instrument of German domination with the purpose of beating the U.S. in international trade. For that reason, Trump said, he’s fairly indifferent whether the EU breaks up or stays together, according to Bild.

Keep up with the best of Bloomberg Politics.
    Get our newsletter daily.

Trump’s reported comments leave little doubt that he will stick to campaign positions and may in some cases upend decades of U.S. foreign policy, putting him fundamentally at odds with German Chancellor Angela Merkel on issues from free trade and refugees to security and the EU’s role in the world. On Russia, he suggested he might use economic sanctions imposed for Vladimir Putin’s encroachment on Ukraine as leverage in nuclear-arms reduction talks, while NATO, he said, “has problems.”
    “It’s obsolete, first because it was designed many, many years ago,” Trump was quoted as saying about the trans-Atlantic military alliance. “Secondly, countries aren’t paying what they should” and NATO “didn’t deal with terrorism.”

While those comments expanded on doubts Trump raised about the North Atlantic Treaty Organization during his campaign, he reserved some of his most dismissive remarks for the EU and Merkel, whose open-border refugee policy he called a “catastrophic mistake.”

Brexit Praise
    In contrast, Trump praised Britons for voting last year to leave the EU. People and countries want their own identity and don’t want outsiders to come in and “destroy it.” The U.K. is smart to leave the bloc because the EU “is basically a means to an end for Germany,” Bild cited Trump as saying.

“If you ask me, more countries will leave,” he was quoted as saying.

While Trump blamed Brexit on an influx of refugees he said that Britain was forced to accept, the U.K.’s number of asylum applications in 2015 was a fraction of the 890,000 refugees who arrived in Germany that year at the peak of Europe’s migrant crisis.

With Merkel facing an unprecedented challenge from the anti-immigration Alternative for Germany as she seeks a fourth term this fall, Trump was asked whether he’d like to see her re-elected. He said he couldn’t say, adding that while he respects Merkel, who’s been in office for 11 years, he doesn’t know her and she has hurt Germany by letting “all these illegals” into the country.

Build in U.S.
    In line with his threats against other automakers, Trump said Bayerische Motoren Werke AG would face a 35 percent import duty for foreign-built BMW cars sold in the U.S. BMW should scrap plans to open a new plant in Mexico and build the factory in the U.S. instead, he was quoted as saying. BMW plans to start building 3 Series sedans at San Luis Potosí in 2019.

19. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Trump really does say stupid things.

20. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

I see his point about the car makers moving plants to Mexico costing a lot of jobs in the US. England have lost many jobs in similar circumstances with manufacturing jobs lost to the far east.
    It's the NATO thing that worries me more.