1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread The PL Season 16/17 All Star Thread

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Skylarker, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Stan

Stan Stalker

Whose fault is that?

2. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

'won nowt for quarter of a century' <rofl>

Yes Fossy whatever mate.

3. Skylarker

Ours. Not the point just an observation.

4. Stan

Stan Stalker

Not yours. Klopp's. His attitude towards Cup competitions this season has been ridiculous, particularly for a manager who has won the square root of **** all with Liverpool. He deluded himself, and some fans, that he was going to win the league with this squad.

Blueman likes this.
  5. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

I didn't see the whole game, but I thought Vardy was a constant menace throughout the game. That's the best I've seen him play this season.

He chased anything and everything that was punted forward, which gave Leicester a great release valve when they were under some pressure.

He's a threat to any defence when he plays like that.

luvgonzo likes this.
  6. Skylarker

We've certainly got more work to do than most originally thought, not just Liverpool fans, plenty were creaming about our play early season.

We've run out of steam, which was always the question with this genenpressing he likes to play.

7. Stan

Stan Stalker

I called Liverpool's football one dimensional and was launched at. Stan Knew.

PINKIE likes this.
  8. Skylarker

That was probably the anti-Liverpool that's naturally installed in you Stan. A lot of 'neutrals' (pundits etc.) thought we were good for a title challenge.

Obviously turned out wrong. We clearly need some strong big midfielders when we play the **** teams that bank up.

9. Stan

Stan Stalker

You need a Plan B. When we scored from a cross to equalise against you at OT the Liverpool board went nuts about United going "long ball".

Crosses aren't long ball football, they are an alternative to playing through the middle.

No one has called Ibra's winning goal on Sunday "long ball". Maybe they have on the Liverpool board.

The point is, Liverpool are very predictable and when Klopp does get desperate his alternative is sticking the gangly centre half up top and launching it. That's League Two stuff.

10. Skylarker

Mate that happened once, with about 2 minutes to play. It's hardly something Klopp does...

Perhaps he should do it more though!

11. Skylarker

A lot of foreign managers come to the PL without a plan B, most probably due to never needing one in the **** leagues they come from.

Klopp need's to learn, same as Pep tbh.

12. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I don't go along with this Plan B nonsense, every manager plays the same formation week after week and they also play the same tactics and style of football. It's the players and how they apply themselves to the tactics and managers instructions that real the problem. If we play like we did early season there's nothing one dimensional about it, it's good football.

If we improve the squad and get the right players in then we'll be more consistent throughout the season, it's a big if though as other teams also improve but I don't see anything wrong with Klopp saying to players we play this way, that's what he wants and the players need to get that right.

13. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Just banter though and only from some, I don't think I've ever mentioned you lot playing long balls and many others on there are the same.

14. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Classic last season Leicester, minimal possession but clinical. Liverpool made it look like Leicester were all over them. That's more to do with Klopp being arrogant and playing too far up the field. Poch did the same and that made Pool look electric on the day. The patient game would have delivered the 3 points, the longer the game went on the more it would have got anxious for Leicester...then you should have done what you have been doing all season and played till the 90th minute. Well played Leicester though, give a dog a bone, he won't say no.

15. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They attacked for about the first five minutes, then went back to what worked well for them last season.
    They sat back, allowed you to have non-threatening possession, then pressed aggressively and broke quickly.

16. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I disagree, we only started getting the possession once they had 2 goals until then they were at us all over the park.

17. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Nope. Check the possession bar at the bottom of this:
    http://epl.squawka.com/english-premier-league/27-02-2017/leicester-vs-liverpool/matches

You were dominating possession for most of the match.
    Virtually the only time that they did was between the first and second goals.
    It probably seemed like less because you weren't doing anything with it.

18. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

You've been sussed out more like mate.

With the exception of Spurs who suicidally set up with a high line against you, every other side you've faced this year has sat deep, harried you in midfield and then hit you on the counter. Spurs aside you've only beaten Plymouth in 11 games this year, that's ****, and not down to running out of steam

Before last night you'd had 16 days without a game.......

19. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I can only go with what I saw, Leicester didn't sit right back like Burnley or Bournemouth did so that we had easy possession up to their box. Leicester pressured us all over the pitch.

20. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I agree, I don't think we've run out of steam and the people saying we cannot play Klopps tactics for a whole season are wrong imo, Dortmund managed it all the way to the CL Final.

Sometimes you have to say **** when you smell it and that's what we are at the moment, the players need to have a look at themselves and start turning up to these games.

Tobes and Skylarker like this.