1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Phil Bardsley, Craig Gordon, Stephane Sessegnon and the ugly...

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Mr-SAFC, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Mr-SAFC

Mr-SAFC Member

Phil Bardsley

TAKE A BOW

Thought he was outstanding tonight! Superbly taken goal and a typical gutsy, hard-hitting game from him. Who'd have thought it at the beginning of the season! Playing some of the best football in a Sunderland shirt at the minute and long may it continue!

Craig Gordon

TAKE A BOW

A top, top performance from wor Craigy G. Made some fantastic saves from distance shots, deflected shots and point blank shots. Made just one mistake in the game and unfortunately it cost us a goal.

Stephane Sessegnon

SOLID

Decent debut from the new boy. Obviously a tough debut with him only arriving a couple of days ago, hasn't played for a few weeks, it was against Chelsea etc but I thought he held his own going forward and made one or two very nice passes. Against poorer teams I reckon he could tear some defences apart with a bit of help from Asamoah. Hopefully can keep inmproving game-by-game!

Referee and the east stand Linesman...

I'm not sure about premiership referee salarys but I can imagine they'll be earning a canny wage for their job and today they had absolute mares! Every decision the linesman looked clueless! Sess slid a brilliant ball in for Gyan who had timed his run to perfection only to be called back. I could also have swore the 3rd goal was not a corner! An absolute joke of a performance from the officials (more so than usual). I think it was Tony Pulis who suggested a referee league table, relegating refs based on their performances and bringing up championship refs if they perform well. Surely some championship refs could have done a better job than the clowns tonight.

But ah well we were the second best team and got beat fair and square at the end of the day. Not to disheartened though as we showed glimpses of neat football just not 90 mins worth. Roll on Stoke and welcome to Munty!

KTF

2. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Nice piece mate <ok>

Sess showed enough to suggest our excitement won't be in vain once he's up to speed!

3. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

Bardiniho is fantastic kidda. Been saying so all season.

I'd fill my football teams full of Phil Bardsley's and Kevin Balls because we all know they are not world class players but what they give you is pure world class.

11 Phil Bardsley's would annihilate a team of 11 Fabregas's

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Member

<ok> Nice on SAFC - Agreed

5. LoveShack

LoveShack New Member

I dunno about the last bit Cest, I think you need a mix of skill and commitment. I'd rather have 11 Fabregases, we could sell 6 of them for for £300m on Jan 31st 2012!

6. FTM Dave

FTM Dave Well-Known Member

Cest,

I remember you first posting something similar after the derby away defeat.

And I agreed.

But it's even better than that, at the time we were saying Bardsley was no great shakes apart from as a defender, but at least he gave 100% Since then he's clearly been working on his game.

He's MUCH better going forward.

He's now scored two goals.

He's obviously worked on his game a lot and well done to him, SB, and whoever has been directly coaching him. This is a change that SB has brought on.

7. Soul

Soul Member

aye gotta love bardsley, even when ivanovic was in richardsons face he quickly had the archetypal angry scottsman to deal with :)

We should bring back kevin ball, just put him on the bench so he can eye-**** the opposition, cant beat a man that would run through a brick wall for his team

8. STAN CUMMINS MOUSTACHE

Agree strongly Cest. Maybe John Kay could fit in somewhere too.

9. Mackemneil

Mackemneil Member

Spot Mr SAFC, I would also add the performance of STEED ,given from a guy who was prepared to give his all (even for 75 mins) for the team. He was the only one to get anywhere near Anelka in the middle. Thought Bramble was good too, but Ferdinand still shakey along side!

10. Do the Asamoah Dance

Bardo....in the last three games, 2 goals and 1 assist.

This is what Henderson has provided for us in his entire SAFC career.

If there were a choice, I know who I'd rather play <ok>

11. Dazzla_FTM

Dazzla_FTM Member

It seems like i am on my own with this opinion, but did anybody else think that Elmo played well last night?

He looked threatening running at the best left back in the world IMO, beat him for pace on 2 occasions and was beating players for fun. He won our free kick for our second goal. Struggled to get into a possition to cross the ball, which is pretty important as a winger, but with the ball at his feet, i was really impressed

12. c4mackem

c4mackem Member

at the start of the season I wasn't sure whether Bardsley would be around for long but man has he proved me wrong, chose to stay and fight for a place and for me has been stand-out performer with steed a close second.
    bardo has even chipped in with a couple of goals, been played out of position and someone is going to have to do something fantastic to get club player of the season in front of him
    thought sessegnon showed some nice touches and as said earlier by other people he was short of a few games and won't be playing chelski every week, expecting good things from him, now bring on muntari!!

13. Do the Asamoah Dance

I thought he did OK, except for the pen giveaway, to me, always looks like hes willing to take people on, and put a foot in when required.

Last night, it was so obvious that the Ancelotti hadn't done his homework on Phil. The defenders ALL expected him to go on his left foot down the line. This is what he provides for us, I'm beginning to like Bardo more at LB than RB.