1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Official:TV-Show-Movie-Games Thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by BCR, Oct 21, 2011.

1. moreinjuredthanowen

It'd have to be battle of the bastards and the hardhome mixed in two.

Season six in GoT had two epic final episodes and prior to that many many fine occurances

luvgonzo likes this.
  2. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Yeah saw a bit of it when Joey was in the Honda aircraft and it just didn't feel like he was connected or part of the same program as the Bugatti guy. The other 3 came about naturally, you can't manufacture a replacement cast just like that, it has to happen accidentally.

3. moreinjuredthanowen

4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Watched Allied recently, can't remember if I mentioned it. Really good film. @BobbyD

BobbyD likes this.
  5. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Nah last you said it was in french and you couldn't understand it lol.

Yes i really liked it. What would you do for true love eh

6. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I'd have cashed her in. <laugh>

BobbyD likes this.
  7. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

8. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Quite like the look of this too.

9. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Just watched Ep 1 of Big Little Lies which is a new HBO show on Sky Atlantic. Very good start.

@Skylarker @Bodinki

10. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Shailene Woodley :emoticon-0152-heart

Not watched it yet, but its on my list, as soon as the CW DC shows are on hiatus.
    Right now am watching Walking Dead, Supergirl, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Arrow, The Big Bang Theory and Iron Fist.
    Walking Dead has one more ep I think, and i will be done with Iron Fist tonight, so my schedule is clearing up until July when Game Of Throne returns.....

Plus my mate at EA sent me a Origin Key for my birthday, which I redeemed, and it turned out to be the new Mass Effect Andromeda game. So I will have to give that a look too.
    I have 19 games on my Origin playlist, and I have paid for one of them (Which so happens to be the worst game on that list, Dragon Age 2! **** you, EA).

I will probably start Little Big Lies in a week or so.

11. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

It's a HBO show and it's quality from the off.

I'm a Mass Effect fan loved the trilogy, not sure on the new one I'm a bit pissed off with the Xbox One all the games are disappointing so far, I'm about to bin Witcher 3, no idea why it is so highly rated. I'm going back to my 360 and getting Far Cry 4 the graphics might not be so good but it at least looks a good game.

12. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Why did you say that?
    It's, bar none, the greatest computer game mankind has ever produced.......
    ****ing awesome on every level. All 3 of them.

13. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

It seems to me game developers are focusing on making games look pretty with the new consoles but are forgetting to actually make the game good. Too much focus on online multiplay and not enough on the campaign aspect.

Fallout 4 I enjoyed but it became repetitive and boring and the city scapes were all the same.
    Titan Fall 2 good campaign but very short and the focus is online.
    Call of Duty not a patch on the Modern Warfare series.
    Witcher 3 WTF? Overcomplicated nonsense with terrible control over the character and bloated cut scenes.

360 games are by far better, Modern Warfare trilogy, Skyrim, Mass Effect, Farcry 3 onwards, Metro, Assassins Creed series and the Assassin game that I forget the title of.

It's a low time for gaming imo at the moment.

14. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

You say this right after you say that the game with the best plot, story, lore, Interface etc is ****?
    .........baffling!

15. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Mate It's terrible, I'm level 6 I have hundreds of items in my inventory and the vast majority seem useless I wander around and it's the same old things I'm doing fighting random beasts or wolves. The world is pretty nice but with the main view looking down you miss a lot of it, Skyrim although older and with worse graphics beats it hands down for the actual feel of the world you are in.

Then there's the cut scenes, loads of them and so long. I like to follow a games story but there's more cut scene than gameplay I've already started skipping.

I haven't played the previous games but I'm so disappointed with this and would say as far as open world goes there are better games out there. I may sick with it but I'm at the edge of stopping.

16. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Dude there are over 147 different species of monster in that game!
    If you are skipping cut scenes, you may aswell stop playing though.
    Witcher 3, is plot driven, like an interactive movie.
    If the story isn't getting your juices flowing, then the game isnt for you.
    Shame though, personally the Witcher series if the best game series I have ever played.....I cried when 3 ended, because I knew I had no more Witcher to play.

17. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

That's the problem though the interface isn't all that and the story which may well be very good is hampered by the rest of the game. I might be better off going straight through the story here and not wandering around doing the side missions but I'm concerned that I wont level up enough to be able to complete the story????

I'm a huge RPG fan, Skyrim and Fallout, The Phantom Pain, Far Cry and Assassins Creed (worst of that lot but ok), I'm just not getting Witcher but you are usually spot on with games and films, TV etc so maybe it'll give it a bit more time.

18. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

It's the side mission scenes that I'm skipping, still on track with the main plot. Can I go through the main game or do I really need to level up?

19. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Hey we all have different tastes mate.
    I stumbled upon The first Witcher game maybe 10 years ago by accident on Steam, and I loved it, got so sucked in to the lore and everything, then went and read all the books and watched the TV show (which was pretty lame, as it had no budget, but the story was there).
    I am so into the story of Geralt, Yen, Triss and Ciri, that i cannot claim that my opinion is completely without bias.
    But almost every other critic found Witcher 3 great also, so I feel vindicated.
    But still, it just might not be for you....I have been in love with these characters for a decade, so the story is going to be far more enticing to me.

luvgonzo likes this.
  20. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Nah, the side missions arent all that necessary.....maybe do a few.....
    Equipment is far more important. Like getting a silver sword upgrade is key.