1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The official start was fine

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by invermeremike, Aug 5, 2017.

1. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

For the first time ever I was able to see the opening match of City's new season and they achieved a comfortable victory against what in my opinion was a very poor Barnsley team. The reality is we are going to face a lot more stronger squads than today's opponents and I suppose it needs to be asked as to whether what we saw today was enough to convince us the we will fare better this time out?

We need more time I think to come to any conclusions but I liked what I saw today and we showed some good skills that with a little more time might come to some good results. Lee must be happy but it will be interesting to see all of your thoughts on the opening round of a long season.

2. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Like I said on another post let's enjoy the 3 points.
    Shame about conceding AGAIN at the last moment when firmly in control.

3. invermeremike

Someone should tell the players that some times the game goes beyond 90 minutes and I'm sure it will be the boss. Other than that I enjoyed the show and only have the rest of the season to enjoy live games - yeah EH!

4. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

5. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  6. invermeremike

Thanks for the link bcfcredandwhite but it won't stream over here and that's why I went for the package. However you can watch it back there and enjoy.

7. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

In some ways, conceding late might have brought some of the players down to Earth, but ultimately a win is always good news.

Long, long, long way to go - looking forward to the next match.

8. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Mike, can the game be watched again now it's not live? I stayed up until 2 am to listen and follw the game over the net, but dont want to do that every week.....

9. invermeremike

I'm not sure whether the match can be watched later, or perhaps they will only show highlights. It would be a good feature as their proposed target is overseas and time difference will make it difficult for those in the far flung empire to access live feeds. The package enables you to purchase either audio or video feeds and I find it a little cheap not to offer the commentary on the video.

10. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Probably because of the syncing. I watched a live streamed match that was about 3 minutes behind radio bristol. Went out to the car at 1-1 and it was 2-1 to Huddlesfield, and kicked off again. It's only a short pathway from house to car.

11. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

To ensure we aren't relegation fodder we need to be beating the likes of Barnsley, Millwall, Burton, Bolton

But a decent start. Hopefully we can improve a little on last seasons position.

12. National N1

National N1 Active Member

I think we can nick it against brum as well don't sound as though they are much different to last season personnel wise at the moment, so good time to play them away maybe

13. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

You might be right - it sounds like Redknapp is grumpy at the lack of signings and they got beat by a pretty downbeat Ipswich Town side (beaten 6-0 by Charlton pre-season!), so maybe good to play them before they sort themselves out.

...That said, sometimes a wounded beast is more dangerous - as with any Championship game, I expect a tough one, but if we play like we did against Barnsley, we'll likely have enough to get a result.