1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Official Euro 2012 Thread.

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by BlastOff, Jun 8, 2012.

1. EmirAleks

EmirAleks Well-Known Member

That would be a dream final. Faroe Islands winning on penalties..

2. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Personally I would like to see South Africa versus Lesotho in the final (of the WC), as it's the only opposition we seem able to beat. :(

:(

3. Bergkamp a Dutch master

Faroe Islands once drew with Scotland......

4. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

This Spain team is by far the best International team in the world. But if you look at the other teams, you soon realise that the quality of their opponents have gone down signicantly. If you look at the Euro's, how many good teams were there apart from Spain? Portugal, Italy and......Germany were found out against Italy. The other powerhouse European nations: Holland, France and England, were all awful. Even the lesser European teams were poor - Czech republic, Russia, Sweden. Italy were one of the best teams in the tournament, but it was one of their weakest teams to date.

If we look internationally, even Brazil and Argentina look pants nowaday. Brazil have their worst team ever and Argentina can't get a competent coach to get them playing as a team unit. On paper Argentina should be able to compete with Spain, but they are poor.

I can't see anyone beating Spain in the WC. The only team i can see challenging is Portungal and Germany. Portugal are one of the few teams that play without fear and have some excellent playes. Germany however i'm not so sure, the way they were beaten by Italy tells me they have a lot to learn before they can win a major tournament again....

5. theHotHead

theHotHead New Member

We saw different games .. either that or I was the only one watching with my eyes open ;)

6. lazarus20000

I actually thought Italy played really well. I missed the beginning but i saw a good 15-20 minute Italy session in the first half when they played some good stuff, until of course Alba made that great run. In the second half, Italy started really well and Di Natalie had 2 really good chances. On a good day, at least one would have gone in. That could have changed the game but when Motta got injured, it was all over.

Big respect to Italy in this tournament. I've never liked Italy much, but they've played the best football, with Portugal, this tournament. You take out Spain's final, then they haven't looked as good as the other 2. But Spain were deserved winners of course.

7. lazarus20000

Iniesta gets player of the tournament http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18671377. Personally i would have given it to Pirlo. Even Ronaldo has been better. Unless i've missed Iniesta playing some amazing stuff in the previous games, the other 2 should have got it. Even Moutinho played better and he didn't even get into the Midfield list.....

Euro 2012 team of the tournament:

Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Buffon (Ita), Iker Casillas (Spa), Manuel Neuer (Ger)

Defenders: Gerard Pique (Spa), Fabio Coentrao (Por), Philipp Lahm (Ger), Pepe (Por), Sergio Ramos (Spa), Jordi Alba (Spa)

Midfielders: Daniele De Rossi (Ita), Steven Gerrard (Eng), Xavi (Spa), Andres Iniesta (Spa), Sami Khedira (Ger), Sergio Busquets (Spa), Mesut Ozil (Ger), Andrea Pirlo (Ita), Xabi Alonso (Spa)

Forwards: Mario Balotelli (Ita), Cesc Fabregas (Spa), Cristiano Ronaldo (Por), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Swe), David Silva (Spa)

8. Bergkamp a Dutch master

S.GERRARD ?? - are you a closet 'Pool fan?

9. lazarus20000

Who's a closet Gerrard fan?

10. theHotHead

theHotHead New Member

I don't remember Neur, Pique, Lahm, Gerrard and Ozil doing anything outstanding and no way Iniesta should be player of the tournament. Pirlo by miles.

11. lazarus20000

This is just a lazy list of players made up by someone who never watched the tournament.

12. Arsegun

Arsegun Well-Known Member

What about all the little players like Dzagoev, Mandzukic, Krohn-Dehli and Jiracek? There were some real diamonds in the rough out there.

Here's my best players from each country: http://thomasswan.hubpages.com/hub/Stars-of-Euro-2012

Oh, and I know I picked John Terry for England, I know he's a cock. :shocked:

13. Bergkamp a Dutch master