1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Grand Prix thread The Official ЯЦSSIДИ GЯДЙD PЯIЖ Chat & Prediction

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by El_Bando, Oct 7, 2015.

?

Whos in a Rush Ian?

Poll closed Oct 9, 2015.
  1. HДMILTФИ

83.3%
  2. ЯФSЬЗЯG

5.6%
  3. VЗTTЭL

11.1%
  4. ЯДIККФИЗЙ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ЬФTTДS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. MДSSД

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. PЗЯЭZ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. HЦLКЗИЬЭЯG

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. GЯФSJЗДИ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. VЗЯSTДPPЭИ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

Because it was an actual race. Not for the lead maybe but actual activity throughout the top 10. Hasn't really been much of that this year which is why it's been thee worst season ever. A battle between ham and ros would have enhanced it further but we were denied by the inept mechanic's in garage #2

Also I agree that kimi should get a punishment but 30 secs seemed a little ott

2. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

I think people are being way too harsh on Raikkonen, his moves on Bottas at the start and Perez later on were top drawer. Bit of a rookie error at the end but all in all he wasn't as bad as people made out.

I quite like this track. Last year's race was boring in the second half but the start was fantastic, the layout really promotes overtaking and despite all the run off areas it can bite hard if drivers make a mistake. It's the opposite of Circuit of the Americas, which is a **** track but was glossed over by the fact that Vettel and Hamilton were so evenly matched battling for the lead in 2012.

Esteban Ocon has now finished 2nd in the last nine GP3 races <laugh>. Pretty impressive actually considering he'd have started five of those from 7th because of the reverse grids.

3. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

4. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

So it's better to judge people on their wealth and looks, rather than their personality then?
    Sorry, not part of the 'young' generation

5. Dell Boy

Dell Boy Well-Known Member

Its only you judging them for their off track traits, most others on this site seem to be making objective comments on the drivers habits on track?

JonnyBaws likes this.
  6. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think as sporting personalities they will be always judged by their on track and off track antics - that's the downside of being famous - and lets be honest, he is one of the few drivers that seems to 'find' his way into the public eye.

Big Ern has not hidden his dislike of Lewis and he is entitled to that opinion, as is most others over defensive views - its a forum for open debate! In addition I don't recall Big Ern actually referencing his traits out of F1 (I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong by an over do gooder), the below statement from my understanding refers to actions at the track and directly related to F1. Therefore the responses to his comments are just pure (anti) Anti-Lewis posters who seem in most cases to be even more personal and shout even louder to justify their outburst. Ironic really.....

"Can't stand the guy, used to like him, but then his personality revealed him to be a narcissistic liar, a cheat and a race card player (a racist in other words). I don't particularly like anyone with any of those traits."

I had a discussion on another thread where I was hammered even when I wasn't intentionally criticising Lewis, although the perception of others was obviously the opposite - I suppose that's the problem with text as opposed to the face to face debates/discussions most adults have. To me it seems that posters like Big Ern cannot comment as they feel fit (regardless of that opinion being right/wrong), yet if we look in isolation at the responses he has received they appear to be far more inappropriate and personal. As someone not part of the debate it appears that some are more inclined to bully a poster than others - safety in numbers and all that - my you brave keyboard warriors!

I have deliberately reduced my interactive comments on this board (to the sound of loud cheers) because it is often pointless, but felt it quite poignant to pass comment on this.

Back to the race...

• Congratulations to Merc for securing the title although not in the fashion that they would have wanted.
    • Commiserations for Nico, as much as he has been unable to challenge Lewis on pure skill the cards he has been dealt....... well best not comment any further.
    • Very surprised at Kimi, we saw the best and worst of him. Stupid move and really hard to justify a points finish when Bottas is left with none and a bent car.
    • Shocked that Ferrari let Kimi and Vettle squabble giving Lewis the usual unchallenged cruise, hope its the same when they are both at the front.
    • Excellent if not fortunate drive from Perez, he seems to be getting better and better.
    • The big question is what excuse will Merc now have for controlling the procession from lap 2 with WCC wrapped up? Did anybody see Lauda's and Toto's face when Nico put it on pole - awkward - and that's why there will always be conspiracy theories!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  7. fevriul

fevriul Well-Known Member

You know he got laid that night!

please log in to view this image

EternalMSC and Smithers like this.
  8. Smithers

Forum Moderator

Twice according to the chap on the left of the photo!

9. Dell Boy

Dell Boy Well-Known Member

I'm starting to dislike him now, that's just plain greedy?

u408379965 likes this.
  10. Mr.B

Mr.B Well-Known Member

Isn't everyone's bedroom like that? Surely it's not just Lewis, Lindsay Lohan and me?

Dell Boy likes this.

11. Smithers

Forum Moderator

How racist are the Russians? :headbang: <whistle>

12. fevriul

fevriul Well-Known Member

World Champions Privilege :p

13. El_Bando

Forum Moderator

Who has a bedroom covered with You, Lewis and Lindsay Lohan??

<laugh>

14. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

Money covers everything.

15. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

I wanted to say something about the race, but it seems that card's already been played.
    ;)
    I enjoyed it. What a shame about Rosberg though, eh? I hope I'll be forgiven by sticking to the theme for the moment…

– I believe he had the beating of Hamilton this time out. Apart from what actually transpired, Hamilton's best chance was to hustle Rosberg into an error from the start. Despite being the quicker driver at this circuit on this weekend, Rosberg was being subjected to serious pressure right up until the Safety Car, and it seemed touch and go whether he'd survive a sustained assault. Having to take account of what his rival was doing, it seemed Rosberg was unable to get into his stride – and if it had remained like, I believe this was one of the best opportunities for what most F1 fans probably crave: a race-long battle for the lead, or at least up until the first stops.

Rosberg must have been relieved at the SC. Firstly, the pressure he'd had was nullified. Secondly, under SC conditions, the advantage swings in favour of the driver ahead – who dictates how events unfold when racing recommences – and Rosberg did manage (albeit briefly) to achieve a bigger gap than he'd had beforehand. Thirdly, this presented the best opportunity for 'escape' and was a real chance to show his extra speed

But then the gremlins; a tragedy for any non-partisan who would surely prefer to witness a momentous battle at the front. And personally, I was gutted for NR. Inwardly, he must now fear 2015 is passing him by (if he hasn't before) and that history may show this to have been his last realistic shot at the World Drivers' Championship. I say that because I fully expect Ferrari to be a bigger threat next year, thus increasing the chance that the title battle may not be so exclusive to Mercedes.

- - -o0o- - -
    Congratulations to Perez for a well-earned podium. After it appeared his preservation work was undone and that he would likely finish 5th, his smile must have been the biggest Räikkönnen would see. What a shame. Until that point, Ferrari's second placed driver had had one of his better races. That said, Vettel was better in every regard – and he was definitely the quicker of the two when they were temporarily allowed to battle on track. Räikkönnen's pit-stop may not have been so well-timed, but he couldn't sustain his team-mate's pace.

With regard to the Räikkönnen punt, I must agree with the Stewards that Bottas was entirely innocent and that being shunted out of the race when looking well-set for the podium was entirely, (yes, 100%) Räikkönnen's fault. It is hard to imagine what he, as an experienced and capable racer was thinking. The further back one's move (to overtake) begins, the more perfectly it must be executed. But not only did he come from a long, long way back, he also began the move very late! I know that sounds like a contradiction but it was almost as if Kimi just decided to go for it on a whim. It appeared unplanned and adventurous in the extreme and was not a reaction to an error by Bottas – which might otherwise have justified starting from so far back. Come on Kimi: although you've often blown hot and cold, we all know you were once better than that.

* Rosberg tends to dial his car in faster than Hamilton – who tends to take more practice to hone-in on set-up. Thus, the lack of running for all three sessions might be seen as something of a blessing. How he must rue the fact that once again, he was unable to capitalise…

dhel likes this.
  16. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

I think I may have knocked my head over the weekend... I feel like I'm living in 2007 all over again. Can somebody call me a doc and bring me photocopied haynes manual for a fiat?

El_Bando and EternalMSC like this.
  17. El_Bando

Forum Moderator

Hope so <ok> Hamilton didnt win the title that year <hate><hate><hate>