1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The non footy thread question

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Dean24, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Ashbees Plums

Ashbees Plums Member

Anything doesnt go though, the mod (OLM) said this:
    It seems that about 60% are in favour of this site having articles which are predominantly football(mainly City obviously), but with other general topics being allowed, but overtly political or religious threads will be removed(much to the relief of this sites owner, who is not at all happy with one article already posted).

2. guitartrax

guitartrax Active Member

Could you please point out where I said "anything goes" or insinuated "Anything goes. The mod(OLM) deemed that 60% of people who voted where tolerent of "other general topics" being allowed, but overtly political or religious threads will be removed.

3. x

x Well-Known Member

on the CI football board many non-football threads have OT in the title. maybe that would satisfy those what object to knowing anything about their fellow city fans.

4. Ashbees Plums

Ashbees Plums Member

You said that 60percent had voted for other threads apart from football, but you didn't mention that politics and religion weren't allowed. Apologies if you took what I posted the wrong way, no offence intended.

5. Dean24

Dean24 Member

Here here.

6. doveston

doveston Active Member

wow it's a bit ****y this forum innit.a friggin debate about nothing.it's like been sat with the wife. get on with it.all forums have topics that arn't just football related.meh theres some anal ****s about.

7. guitartrax

guitartrax Active Member

None taken. thankyou

8. x

x Well-Known Member

in light of some peope complaining about the absolute mass of non-football threads on here i had had a look to gather some evidence on there behalf. pages 1 to 5 when i looked contained 95 threads ignoring the sticky. some of the threads were discussions about the board and its use. of the rest the following had no football content:
    non-footy jokes
    guitar lessons
    gary moore rip
    sunday is rock night
    if the whingers who are complaining about too many non-football threads find a huge 4 out of 91 to be overwhelming their sensibilities i would suggest to paraphrase mr24 that they go forth and multiply.

9. doveston

doveston Active Member

does ANYONE read a sticky on a forum??????????????????

10. joannahatfield

djblackandamberarmy- thanks for that, but couldn't you find somebody sexier?

11. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

This is a football forum! If you want to discuss any other issues politics, music and the like find a forum for that! There are plenty out there, why use a football forum for non related issues!

12. suchy

suchy Member

To fined out what other hull city fans think of a particular issue

13. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If it's still like this in 6 months time then I'll agree. At the moment it's a new forum for us where the owner is letting us run our forum however we see fit. You don't see that often, and it's better for us to discuss what we want on here and how we want to do it now than it is to have one or two people being made mods who decide that we're all going to do things the way they want.

BTW, For accuracy when people are talking about who wanted what in that poll:

The "about 60%" figure was the most common vote in the poll. The full results are:

Only Hull City - 2.94%
    Posts should be Hull Cit and general football matters - 12.75%
    Posts should be City/Football with some leeway for off topic humour - 58.82%
    Posts about anything should be allowed - 25.49%

Less than 16% voted for all the posts to be about football. In fact more people voted for anything to be allowed than voted for just football posts so the lack of political/religious threads is a concession by more people than the presence of non football threads is by others.. Now combine that with the findings of X in his check, although I suspect there's been a few other threads drifted off topic as they've gone on.

14. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

Its simple a HULL CITY FOOTBALL forum! If you want to discuss barbies and tophop go on a different forum this is for Hull City and Football chat. If you dont like it leave and contribute else where

15. x

x Well-Known Member

a forum for hull city football followers.

ITS SIMPLE! THERE WAS A VOTE AND IF YOU DONT WANT DEMOCRACY GO FIND AN AUTHORITARIAN FORUM. IF YOU DONT LIKE IT LEAVE AND CONTTIBUTE ELSE WHERE.

i think you might be a wum. i looked at your info and it says

Team I support: Hull

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

wum alert! wum alert! who follows city and calls them "hull"? nobody, thats who.

16. MingofHarlem

MingofHarlem Active Member

Define "overtly" in the context of this forum please.

17. Budapest_Tiger

It seems this site has attracted a larger proportion of sociopaths than 606, who can't have an argument with resorting to insulting. Never mind. I think I can just about cope with it.

FYI, as for the "middle of nowhere", Budapest, a city of over 2 million, is pretty much near the centre of gravity of Europe. And I ain't crying.

And look - no insults. :emoticon-0109-kiss:

18. lakesideview

lakesideview Active Member

What about that first goal on Saturday, and didn't Daws play well. Great to see Mc Clean get off the mark.....Oh sorry I thought we were talking about football.

19. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

Sorry we can be HULL city fans without being cod heads you know! You can refer affectionately to them however you deem necessary

20. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

and yes with 97 Hull City football related i am defo a WUM lol