1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The non footy thread question

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Dean24, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Dean24

Dean24 Member

60% are in favour of this site having articles which are predominantly football but with other general topics being allowed.

So are we going to have non football threads without people whinging ?

I understand people have complained about the guitar lessons thread but I cannot for the life of me understand why, I know the Multicultural one didn't go down well, I didn't expect it to, The words hook line and sinker spring to mind :emoticon-0105-wink:

The thing is do people want football only threads that are flexible ? Because I don't see it working myself. I enjoy finding out that fellow tigers fans also play the guitar and have other interesting hobbies it makes things more interesting, It works for me anyway, As for the childish banter-That's all it is if you don't think it's funny just ignore it it's not rocket science.

I think this not606 site could be a very good place to be if some of you would just lighten up a bit.

2. djblackandamberarmy(No 4)

10,000 people complained to the bbc about ross and brand and sachsgate, about 9500 never even listened to it..not sure why im putting this, felt relevant a few minutes ago..

3. Fadorock

Fadorock Member

I think having none football related topics is ok but problem is we could end up getting swamped by none football related topics. I do however think we should have a STRICT policy on no polictical orientated threads. I dont want to find out that some people who I enjoy chatting with about hull city are bigots. No place for politics on this forum. Having a laugh is great but politics Is a subject people have very devided opinions on and are very passionate about, i don't think we should have it here.

4. Siegfried's cat

Siegfried's cat Active Member

Personally, I'm against them. I come on here to find out about fellow fans views about City, not a general chat. Football forums should be about Football, if people want a general chat there's Facebook, etc or even the general forums on here. It's bad enough reading a thread that decends into childish comments, I don't want to spend half my lunch break trying to find one that actually relates to football. I've given up on other forums as they ended up becoming more and more inane. 606 had it's faults (namely overeager moderators), but at least I could guanantee that the conversations would be about footy. If this site expects to replace 606 when it ends I think it needs to stick as close to it as possible -just with more liberal moderation.

5. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

politics alert******ban him ban him*******politics alert

6. djblackandamberarmy(No 4)

dont waste your lunch break on 606..thats what the working hours are for ;)

7. miff33

miff33 Well-Known Member

What about women, we need pics of women :)

8. Dean24

Dean24 Member

Don't take this the wrong way Siegfried but I can tell the difference between a football thread and a non football thread in about 3 seconds. We had a football only forum as part of Hull City Footymad it was an absolute disaster and ended up being removed.

9. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

I think you should be free to post any old crap you like dean , as long as you don't mind when your feeblemindedness is pointed out

10. djblackandamberarmy(No 4)

agreed

11. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I think we are going to have non football threads without people whinging.

Your burka thing was deemed unacceptable, your guitar thing was deemed fine, we move on.....................

12. Ashbees Plums

Ashbees Plums Member

No politics, musics OK, the threads are sensible on it from what I've seen.

13. Dean24

Dean24 Member

**** off.

14. Budapest_Tiger

Didn't have the chance to say this earlier, but I rely on (not)606 as my nourishment for City news. I can't get coverage or highlights over here but listen to the games on t'internet when I can. I'm not often able to contribute to threads 'cos I can't see how players are playing; but (not)606 brings me closer and makes me feel like I still belong the Tiger nation. I was really excited that virtually all from 606 moved to not606, joined by others from other sites. But now there are so many threads and I have to spend so much time scrolling though the chaff to get to something interesting about the team. Surely, if you want to talk about something not related to football, you could:
    - find some friends;
    - use some pathetic "social networking" site;
    - go down the local and talk to the guy in the corner that has spoken to anyone in the last twenty years.
    Come on guys and get a grip.

PS Maybe some pics of women could be included, after all.

15. djblackandamberarmy(No 4)

i am a bit concerned we are being a bit andy gray and richard keys, so to balance it out, heres one for the ladies..
    please log in to view this image

16. Dean24

Dean24 Member

I thought you were ignoring me ??? :emoticon-0110-tongu

17. Siegfried's cat

Siegfried's cat Active Member

No probs Dean. I agree they are usually easy to spot, it's just a worry that the footy threads might get swamped. I'm probably just lazy - if I'm just having a quick look to see what's new I don't want to go hunting for them.

However, I stick by by 606 comments. I came over with the inticement that this would be very similer but more liberal (Dutch - that's with a small l ;) )

18. Dean24

Dean24 Member

Yawn! Yawn! Yawn!

- Got plenty of friends
    - Social networking sites are a joke
    - Don't go to pub
    - Don't go to live in the middle of nowhere either and then cry about it

Yeah pictures of women would be great.

19. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Can't one of the Post icon things be used to show none football threads? Perhaps it can be filtered so those that want only football set the filter to screen out the chosen icon?

20. guitartrax

guitartrax Active Member

To the posters that want football only, can I remind you that the Moderator conducted a vote to gauge the direction the majority want to take this forum, and 60% voted in favour of other threads apart from football. So all those that are now complaining they want football only can I remind you that you are now the minority, can we now move on.