1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The next NCFC Head Coach

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JM Fan, Mar 11, 2017.

?

Who do you want ass next NCFC manager?

Poll closed Mar 18, 2017.
  1. Roy Hodgson

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. Gary Rowett

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  3. Mark Warburton

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. Alan Irvine

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Alan Pardew

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  6. Someone not on the list

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Rosler has been mentioned before as I pointed out some way back on this thread. I think there could be something in it. He likes working with a SD and Webber is said to like him. As for his style of football:

"Rösler is renowned for his teams playing a high, pressing style of football, and is also a fan of squad rotation among players, with 4–3–3 or 3–5–2 his favoured formations. Rösler compared his style and brand of football to the philosophies of German compatriot Jurgen Klopp, with Rösler describing it as 'heavy metal' attacking football, with powerful quick football with quick transitions from attack to defence."

I can see why that wouldn't suit Leeds fans. ;)

EDIT: My previous post was on the 'Restructuring' thread, where I also added:

Interestingly, his assistant at Fleetwood, Rob Kelly, was formerly assistant to Alan Irvine and those three could perhaps make an effective team at City. Of the candidates mentioned so far, Rosler would be my choice.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    canary-dave likes this.
  2. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I pointed out the HITC and Sunday Sun link, not because I didn't want it, I do very much, I just can't trust anything those rags print! <ok>

3. RiverEndRick

Neither can I Dave as I knew what you meant. I was just pointing out that the link had been made before in another source. <cheers>

As for Blind, it seems to me that if you appoint a management team who are named Blind and Grim, your chances don't look great. <laugh> (Actually, Blind is a good shout, Thai)

ncgandy likes this.
  4. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

Yea we heard that spiel before he came here and got excited about it but the reality was very different. Never seen a Leeds team have less shots on goal

5. RiverEndRick

Why all the rave reviews for Heckingbottom?

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/...eprint_makes_sense_for_norwich_city_1_4955141

He has been manager at Barnsley for just over a year, 4 months of which was as caretaker. As soon as we lose a few games fans would be shouting about the 'cheap option' and the lack of experience (again). He's done well enough at Barnsley, but he has no experience of promotion or top league football. Do we really want to go down that route again?

General Melchett, ncgandy and KIO like this.
  6. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Nope but we all know we probably will <doh>

Resurgam likes this.
  7. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Oh well, perhaps the 'Easter Bunny' will bring us a new SD and HC!!!!
    From today's presser - AI has been told he'll be in charge for the Villa, Huddersfield and Reading games.

8. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

...... he'll be in charge at the start of next season <ok>

JM Fan likes this.
  9. canary-dave

I'll bet he won't be, and if I'm right, next time I come up, you'll have to turn up for a change! <cheers>

ncgandy and JM Fan like this.
  10. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

Uwe Rosler still major favourite (with SkyBet) which includes Irvine along with their clause here stating 10 games in charge as 'interim" counts as a permanent. Irvine took over for Blackburn which means the last game of the season will be his 10th in charge. Can't see us getting hold of Rosler before close of season with the way things are going at Fleetwood.
    upload_2017-4-3_11-11-30.png

11. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Well, now it's time for Melissa Rudd to emphasise what we already know - "The club already has an unfortunate track record of failing to get deals over the line quickly. The delay in securing Webber’s services could be detrimental in being able to identify exactly who is required in the transfer window to make this squad the promotion hunters they were hailed to be. "
    Full story here - http://www.edp24.co.uk/features/nor..._time_to_see_some_strong_leadership_1_4958758

I REALLY believe that changes need to be made at Board level (I'm sorry RBF, Dave etc, but Delia and Michael have to go!!!!) and until that happens, I feel that we are destined to be a mediocre Championship side. It's all very well being debt free blah, blah, blah; but I wonder if things haven't improved by the time STs come up for renewal next season, will we still get 20,000 plus fans willing to shell out their hard earned (on the most part) cash to watch overpaid and underperforming players don yellow and green???

Interesting quote from Martin Penney on MFW re Huddersfield - "I think they’re the best side I’ve seen this season." My thoughts exactly
    Full story here - http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter...ttle-ability-and-the-flying-terriers-up-next/

So, in short, NOTHING has changed since AN was so dramatically sacked late one Friday afternoon and all the 'rallying calls', by RM or whoever is sent out to conduct the interview for the media is just hollow words. All AI has done since being placed in temporary charge is continue with the same players, identical tactics/substitutions - it's almost as though he's asking AN for advice.

We MUST get SW in place BEFORE Easter, so that he can get the HC also in place to see the number of players he needs to cull. <ok>

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    canary-dave and KIO like this.
  12. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

You're dreaming! We should but we won't. This is the City board! For me we have reached a stage where obviously the Webber thing has not been concluded. Had we have got him straight away, maybe we could have got a HC in with some time, but with the games disappearing quickly I think we are already at a tipping point whereby we'd be as well to wait til the summer and get the right man in then. Our options will be far more limited now or in the next 2-3 weeks while our board contiune to dither over Webber. OK, if Webber wants someone who's available, fine then we are wasting time, but realistically as with Rosler and any other desirable coach/manager most will not be prised away from their current club because they still have something to play for. Still bloody frustrating, especially as AI appears to be Neil by another name.

Bah!

KIO likes this.
  13. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Sorry General - don't you mean AI is AN by A N other name??? <laugh>
    Great post by the way and with our Board's history of dithering/always going for the 'cheap option', I can't see any decent HC being in place before the end of the season at the earliest!! <doh>

14. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So what the hell is our problem? He wants to leave, he's no use to us, Huddersfield or anyone else while on 'gardening leave' and yet still nothing happens.
    Sort the appropriate compo out, you useless, gormless b@stards and let's show a few signs of moving forward for a change.
    The longer we dither around the more wary he will become about getting involved with such a wretched, out of touch outfit! <doh>

JM Fan likes this.
  15. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Come on Cromer - you must know that that's not the way the NCFC Board operates and as you say, the longer they dither, the more likely it is that he'll go elsewhere and I feel that our chances of getting back to the PL any time soon are rapidly dwindling.

16. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Wait and see, we'll miss out on Webber, Ricky Martin will get the DoF gig, through desperation and yet another shunt sideways (though he's done nothing to deserve them) and Irvine will be made permanent manager.
    And yet 21,000 people still clamour to renew their STs despite this lack of ambition and direction. Pathetic. Grow a pair, Carra Road faithful, and show the board that it's not good enough! <grr>

JM Fan likes this.
  17. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Never heard of Nick Mashiter, but apparently he is a football journalist based in the Midlands. Genuine, or yet another false dawn? :emoticon-0112-wonde

18. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

You sure it's not Nick Bullshitter? :grin:

Oh well, here's hoping there's some truth in it.

19. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

ncgandy likes this.
  20. canary-dave

In EDP now!

ncgandy likes this.