1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The next NCFC Head Coach

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JM Fan, Mar 11, 2017.

?

Who do you want ass next NCFC manager?

Poll closed Mar 18, 2017.
  1. Roy Hodgson

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. Gary Rowett

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  3. Mark Warburton

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. Alan Irvine

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Alan Pardew

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  6. Someone not on the list

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Excellent post Rick and I don't know if you saw either of Middleton's goals for Scotland under 17s last night, but his 2nd was FANTASTIC.
    Our 'patched up' under 23s (Maddison and Godfrey in today's squad and HOPEFULLY both will come on as subs at least and Middleton was away on International duty)had an excellent win aginst Fulham in the PL Cup, so are now in the quarter finals of that competition.
    I've already got my ticket for the PL International Cup semi final 0n 31st March and I hope we get at least 3,000 fans for that game!!

RiverEndRick likes this.
  2. Carbrooke Canary

Carbrooke Canary Active Member

Per today's announcement, the SD will have the responsibility of recruiting the Head Coach. Given we haven't appointed an SD yet I imagine they haven't even begun scouring the world yet so expect no manager appointment for some considerable time.

JM Fan and KIO like this.
  3. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

4. Oxcanary

Oxcanary Well-Known Member

Just wondering if there is much mileage in us all thinking beyond who, because we end up with unacceptable names like the one in the last post.

So

Our question ought to become WHAT makes a good manager? What makes them suitable for us? Seems to me these questions brought us originally to AN who was the answer for a time!

5. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Excellent post Ox and I'll give it some thought and post an answer later today!!

Edit - OK Ox, I've given it some thought and this is my answer -
    Someone who –
    Has several years’ experience of managing a club in league 1 or higher
    Can motivate players to perform above what is expected of them and make them play as a team
    Doesn’t don’t waste several £Ms on players who are ‘past their sell by date’
    I guess a name that would spring to mind would be Paul Lambert, but I would NOT want him back at CR under any circumstances!!!! The same applies to Mick McCarthy.
    A bit 'left field', but I quite fancy Karl Robinson and I'd also like Nigel Pearson, but could imagine he wouldn't be everyone's choice - least of all Delia!!!!

I'd also LOVE to see David Moss come in as SD and hope he can entice some of the players on the fringes of the Celtic team to follow him south!!!!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  6. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

You mean Jurgen Klinsmann?

7. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

Are you his agent DD?

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  8. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

We haven't had a foreign one before & I liked how the USA played in the World cups for a very average skill pool of players.
    Manged Germany Bayern Munich and USA .
    3rd place finish in the World cup & Concacaf winners .
    Plus he's German.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  9. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Must be his DOGGED determination! ;)

10. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

German Shepherd?

11. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

WHY am I not surprised - "Ed Balls admits it is ‘unlikely’ Norwich City will unveil a sporting director and head coach over the international break."
    "We wanted the football structure in place for the beginning of the close season. If we can do it faster than that then that would be great. The most important thing is this summer and next season.”
    Alan Irvine will remain in temporary charge after guiding the Canaries to within five points of the play-offs.
    “Alan is very experienced to do what he is doing beyond the international break,” said Balls. “If we do not bring in someone before then he is well-qualified and happy to do the role to keep things going through future games. Steve Stone and I have both spoken to him and if the right thing is for him to manage the (Aston) Villa game or subsequent games he won’t find that out the night before."

So pretty much ass we suspected - AI will remain as manager until whenever with NO sense of urgency from the Board, but IMO, they're better off taking their time than getting it wrong AGAIN!! Unfortunately, he's of the same opinion as AN in thinking that Naismith can play football - he'd a great opportunity to at least test the keeper on Saturday, but no he blazed it about a yard over the bar!!!! <doh> I'm sure he also isn't aware of the names of the youf players who should now be given a chance to show what they can do!!!!
    I just hope that we have both an SD and Head Coach (or whatever the job title is) in place by the beginning of May!!!
    Full story here - http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwic...le_signing_over_international_break_1_4937875

12. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I agree with the new structure, but it needs to built carefully. AI has been doing well so far, and the new SD will need to get a feel of operations before the HC is appointed. AN was a success in his first season and we wouldn't have been in the PL without him. Ironically, he is the sort of young manager who would do better in the new structure, but he didn't see it that way.

JM Fan likes this.
  13. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

Have we got a new head coach yet?

Bah!

14. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Fook me! What's taking you boys so long to get a new manager?

Is the board scouring all the talents from across Europe again! <yikes>

Mike Walker could still do a job!

JM Fan likes this.
  15. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Just making it look like there is something happening in the background <whistle>

16. johnnywarksmoustache

I bet they are hoping that this caretaker fella does well so they get to save themselves a few quid! <ok>

JM Fan likes this.
  17. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Europe JWM - try Global. <yikes>

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  18. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

If only we had a rich benefactor like Marcus Evans! :grin:

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  19. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Odd you should mention him, Gandy. I just saw this incredibly in-depth review of the Binners recent accounts and even though some of it goes over my head, it's still an amazing insight into the runnings of a championship club, and once again highlights (frequently) the importance (and injustice) of parachute payments in terms of a level playing field. But we knew that anyway.
    Stattos and fiscal whizzkids out there, fill your boots <ok>
    http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/ipswich-town-stuck-in-moment.html?m=1

ncgandy likes this.
  20. johnnywarksmoustache

Brighton, Reading, Huddersfield, Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday haven't had the benefits of Parachute Payments so this is just a load of old bollux. The truth is that Evans is using ITFC as a TAX dodge to offset losses against the rest of the ME empire! He has basically fcuked us up and it will take a generation to sort out this mess and that's assuming that he will sell up evenutally! The Cobbolds will be spinning in their graves! RIP to my beloved Ipswich Town Football Club 1878 - 2017. Old Delia might well have her faults but there is no doubting the love she feels for your club.