1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The next NCFC Head Coach

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JM Fan, Mar 11, 2017.

?

Who do you want ass next NCFC manager?

Poll closed Mar 18, 2017.
  1. Roy Hodgson

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. Gary Rowett

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  3. Mark Warburton

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. Alan Irvine

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Alan Pardew

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  6. Someone not on the list

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Just read this article on the EDP website and a couple of 'left field' names in the list -

Roy Hodgson 6-5
    Gary Rowett 7-4
    Mark Warburton 6-1
    Alan Irvine 8-1
    Alan Pardew 12-1
    Tim Sherwood 16-1
    Nigel Pearson 18-1
    Mike Phelan 20-1
    Kenny Jackett 25-1
    Martin Jol 25-1
    Steve Cotterill 33-1
    Ryan Giggs 33-1
    Steven Gerrard 33-1.

There are certainly a few names in there that I wouldn't want ANYWHERE near CR - basically from Tim Sherwood down.
    As KIO has said on another thread, I can really see our illustrious board opting for the 'cheap' option and appointing Alan Irvine.

Stevie Gerrard could be an interesting proposition, as he was SO driven as a player!!!!
    I wouldn't want Woy as our manager, though he certainly seems to be in the running according to the bookies.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  2. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

Warburton for me. But I'd like to see how Irvine does for a few games. I have a personal dislike for Pardew, so wouldn't want him.

JM Fan likes this.
  3. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

If you think about it, Roy Hodgson failed as the England Manager because he played out of form senior players rather than up and coming younsters in good club form!

Remind you of anyone?

4. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I wouldn't object to him in an advisory role, say director of football, if the new guy is relatively inexperienced. Seasoned managers (like Pardew, etc) don't like working with DoFs as it can
    undermine their authority.

5. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Didn't know this thread was here, so will re-post this on it.

Rowett is still out there. He's young and exciting manager, he did well with no money, and having to rely on the youth system. linked to Premiership clubs like Swansea this season. Only sacked because new owners wanted a big name manager. They were on the brink of the playoffs, now Birmingham are worrying about being dragged into relegation.

Tim Sherwood - Ex-Norwich player, Young, wants to be progressive. Risky after his Villa stint.

Pardew - People love or hate him. Good record for getting up and staying up. Does really well for stints, but as we know, he will then get into a winless run that he can't get out of. Plus wages would be silly.

Walburton - Did fantastic at Brentford, really liked his Brentford side. Rangers it didn't go well, bit of a poisoned chalice of a job. Apparently though, the football his Rangers team were playing was awful.

Pearson - Solid, Takes no sh*t, I'd think he would clear out players like Naismith if he didn't get the work rate out of them. Strongly linked back to Leicester, some fans and Players wanted him back. Didn't set the world alight at Derby though.

Mike Phelan - Knows the club, seemed to do alright for a bit when he took over at Hull. Some fans here wanted him to be given a chance. Probably some potential to be a decent manager. I'm not keen on him though.

Ranieri - <laugh>. Imagine if we didn't buy the players we needed, and told us they were skint, because they were building a fund to put in place a top manager if the possibility arose? The board then offer him and big wage, and a massive promotion bonus! Then we would all look silly for slating the board!

:emoticon-0136-giggl Giggs, Lampard and Gerrard in the betting :emoticon-0114-dull:

:emoticon-0138-think

My Guess would be Irvine til the end of the season, even if he loses today.

Looks like Motherwell are looking for a new manager. Wouldn't be surprised to see AN pop up there. Have Rangers appointed that foreign manager? Or are they just expected to?

theyellowfever and JM Fan like this.
  6. Forgot_My_Lines

I've voted Rowett off that list. I think he did really well with a tight budget and using the youth system. He's been seriously looked at by Premiership clubs, which shows something.

plus I don't think we would get Ranieri. :emoticon-0110-tongu

7. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Please take McCarthy!

I'd be more than happy to drive him up to Carrot Rud for the interview! <ok>

KIO and JM Fan like this.
  8. theyellowfever

theyellowfever Active Member

The gambler in me says Rowett or Warburton, the solid says Pardew, i wouldnt want Hodgson in front of them options although he would be an upgrade from AN imo. nothing like sitting on the fence... i have a feeling its none of the above due to the timing (have our European scouts been hard at work again?)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    JM Fan likes this.
  9. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

It's probably the manager of Cowdenbeath! He's mulling it over the weekend.

10. Forgot_My_Lines

Nail. Head.

11. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Have you seen the football Rangers played under Warburton?

No thank you !

It will either be Irvine or some real left field appointment like before IMO <ok>

12. woodbine

woodbine Well-Known Member

He did ok with Brentford tho, so I wouldn't be totally against it. Some managers fit in better with different clubs, didn't work for him at Rangers but he could fit in with us, appointing the right manager will always be 50/50.

canary-dave likes this.
  13. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Kenny Jacket or Gary Neville given the job.

1. KJ - He did well at Millwall. I thought he was doing well at Wolves, and was only given the boot after the takeover, and they wanted a big name there (I could be wrong on that point)
    I also think he was the one that laid the foundations at Swansea before Rodgers took over - again, I could be wrong on that point.

2. GN: He certainly knows how to defend. He talks the most sense of the pundits, and he knows the game well.
    I know he had a bad time at Valencia, but going straight to a good club in a foreign country, might not be the best place to start a managerial career.

14. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Certainly a million times better than Pardew!

15. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

No he's not, don't get me wrong I don't want Pardew (we couldn't meet his wage demands anyway IMO), but I'd take him over Warburton.
    If Woy was ten years younger I'd actually want him but at 69 he's too old to build a dynasty for Delia ;)

16. woodbine

woodbine Well-Known Member

I think Pardew would give us short time success, get promoted and stay up etc but then inevitably struggle to win games like he usually do.

17. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

18. Forgot_My_Lines

I like Kenny. Not a bad shout. Has he ever gained promotion to the Premiership? Or managed in the top flight? He's more of a solid Championship manager isn't he?

I don't want Gary.

19. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

Our last manager hadn't managed in the top flight, nor won promotion to the top flight (when he came to us), neither had PL until he came to us

20. Forgot_My_Lines

Nope, true with PL, but I only knew of AN as a player, didn't know much about him as a manager, so wouldn't have even considered him either. I'm not saying someone has to have that under their record. I think it would be less of a risk if they knew how to get out of this league.

Resurgam likes this.