1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The next Dr Who.

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by YappyR, Feb 26, 2017.

1. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

This made me laugh with Comedy Corbyn

please log in to view this image

2. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

I don't see "what a load of ****" on there :)

ELLERS and GoldhawkRoad like this.
  3. Uber_Hoop

4. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

she has only had the tardis for a couple of days

turned it into a bloody sewing room

ELLERS and Uber_Hoop like this.
  5. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

she should have known not to use a hot wash

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  6. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Uber_Hoop and UTRs like this.
  7. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

8. Uber_Hoop

9. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Based on current salary revelations, seems likely the BBC chose a woman as Dr Who because she'd be cheaper, and there'd be more for the greedy BBC corporation fat cats, and the likes of champagne lefty, Gary Lineker, who as we all know, is well worth his £2.2m per annum paid for by all of us. Shameless.

PS just seen Uber's comment on year by year savings from the new appointment, and agree

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  10. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

So you think she was chosen on cost grounds rather than simply because it was pandering to the Lefty PC gone mad brigade? Tricky one.

11. GoldhawkRoad

They're virtually all leftie's in the BBC, so that wouldn't have set her apart. But as we can see from the BBC remuneration structure, women are still second class citizens in the corporation and the BBC's right-on old boy's network will take advantage.

12. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

The gap between men and women is inexcusable, but it's narrower in the BBC as a whole than in the private sector.

As for 'lefties' has it ever occurred to you why the majority (though by no means all) of people involved in the arts, media etc tend to be left wing?

13. GoldhawkRoad

What's your evidence that the private sector has a wider gap between the sexes than the BBC? ITV have this week appointed a female CEO for example.

Lefties in the arts seems to go with the territory. Don't ask me why, but their political views are fine with me so long as I'm not subjected to it (eg that pain in the arse and ex public school spouter, Cumberbach) or have to pay them to promulgate it. As for the news media, it should be objective and independent. The BBC hasn't been that for years. It's Blairite, and against both Corbyn and May.

14. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

More left wing people in the arts because they are more creative and imaginative. End of.:emoticon-0105-wink:

Pay gap between sexes in BBC is an average of 10%, in the private sector it's 18%. Source, Times. Fat cat Tony Hall, director general of the BBC, got £500k last year. Adam Crozier CEO of ITV, who presided over a 14% fall in profits, got £3.4m. If you are ideologically opposed to the BBC it won't make any difference, but I think it offers great value for money. It is clearly fairly objective as both the left and right go in for the knee jerk criticism.

Overall it seems like the BBC pays less than the commercial sector rates (Adrian 'man of the people' Chiles was on £1.5m at ITV and is on less than £200k at the Beeb). It's pointless trying to justify what mere entertainers and news autocue readers earn, just like it is with footballers, and some of these sums look rather uncomfortable, but in the grand scheme of things who gives a ****?

15. GoldhawkRoad

Artistically creative and imaginative does seem to be linked to left wing views. Talented, but often don't live in the real world. I could name a number, but Vanessa Redgrave and Lily Allen spring to mind.

I'm amazed at the Times figure of 10% for the BBC. Plenty of evidence to the contrary eg Gary Lineker earns 10 x Clare Balding. Biggest female earner (Winkleman) is a long way off most high earning males. If it's only 10%, I'm not sure what the BBC execs are so embarrassed about. But they are, so I question how the 10% is made up.

I , for one, give a **** about what the BBC pays its high earners because it is money that's forced out of the public with the threat of imprisonment.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  16. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

The difference between Lineker and Balding (unjustified in my view) is only between a few of the 96 big earners, level it out over 23,000 employees.

Some artists have wacky political views, but if you are looking at them as artist they should be judged on the merits of their output (admittedly Lily Allen falls on both counts). For example I like the art of Gilbert and George and the poetry of Philip Larkin, despite their rather nasty personal opinions (though it may be an inflammatory pose in the case of G&G).

If you feel so strongly about the BBC make a stand in the real world mate. They changed the sentencing guidelines in April, so conditional discharges can be handed out for people making a stand on principle or with a real excuse. 180,000 were charged with licence payment evasion last year, 99% got a £1k fine, which went to the government not the BBC.

17. GoldhawkRoad

I'm not criticising creative artists whoever they work for. It's the fat cat pay around the old boys. Alan Shearer gets just short of half a million pound for appearing on Match of the Day. That's simply taking the piss.

There are plenty like me that feel strongly about the heavy management structure and political news bias of the BBC. If it's alright with you, I'd prefer not to go to prison to make my point - I've just bought my QPR season ticket and I'm looking forward to watching Holloway's massive push for promotion. I'll just keep making the point about the BBC's draconian licence fees when many don't watch BBC but use SKY, Netflixs or any of the other viewing opportunities.

18. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Well lobby your MP, the Culture Secretary etc etc, start or join a pressure group to gain your desire to 'opt out' of the BBC. I'm sure you'll get funding from Murdoch etc. Strikes me that rehashing your grievances on here won't change much.

19. GoldhawkRoad

It's not a rehash, when the airwaves are filled with fresh criticisms of the corporation which clearly you love unconditionally.

20. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Not sure what the difference between Linekar (Golden Boot winner at World Cup, scorer of 48 international goals for England, earned 80 caps for his country, winners medals in FA Cup, European Cup Winners Cup, Copa del Rey, PFA Player of the year, plus numerous other accolades) and Clare Balding (Sports presenter of the year - I think.....) could be....?

Uber_Hoop and kiwiqpr like this.