1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Monarchy Good or bad

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Norwayhornet, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

There is no 'reason', other than the law, which prevents women, or Catholics, or Jews becoming head of the Monarchy before a man. Like i said, i'd rather Queen Anne than King Charles any day of the week, Leonardo :). But, as i also said, i don't feel that strongly about it to change it. :)

2. aberdeenhornet

aberdeenhornet Well-Known Member

Of course its evolved but its position now is as a living museum, as such maintain as is or my preference is to scrap it but that isn't going to happen and to be hoest as I say they're so irelevent as royals" to my life I do not care if tey carry on as long as they cause no harm. The monarchy is a special case and frankly the discrimination against the commoner is far more important to address before we waste any time on the bunch of inbreds. looks like they're learning their lesson at last I don't believe kate is a cousin is she? Leo, why are you not advocating changing from the eldest heir tradition? The ageism is just as much an issue if you're having a clean up. Oh and address that racist america while you're at it, if you weren't born in the states you can't become president. Some things are best left.....

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Oh and if the succession laws had been changed some time ago the Queen's children would have meant that Anne would have been second in line to the throne - ahead of Andrew and Edward - and frankly that would have been entirely fair and far better

4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Ageism does not come into it - as the heir could be 10 or 70 - yes you could argue that first born is wrong but hey ho this is not a perfect world and the only way round that is to draw lots

5. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

First born succession makes sense be it male or female ,then it fairly done by genetic lottery!

6. aberdeenhornet

You have your queens then, lets have a dissolution of the Union and Scotland can have kings.

7. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Bloody Scotland took over the English throne in 1605 - the rest of the Monarchy is your fault :)

8. aberdeenhornet

I'm English so its their fault!!!!! I'm happy to admit though a lot is better here than home and if it means a decent form of government with reduced taxation being introduced and a separate monarchy I can live with it.

9. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member