1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Millen Blame Game.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Aug 25, 2011.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

First he started off by saying...

* It's Coppout and pre-season planning..
    * Then virusies..
    * Then injuries..
    * The Coppout signings..
    * The need to appoint an assistant manager..
    * Then GJ's signings..
    * Then the weather..
    * Then to big a squad..
    * Then the lack of signings..
    * Then players contracts..
    * Then lack of funds..
    * Everybody keeps signing for bigger clubs..
    * Then monday,The fans need to get behind the team..
    * Then today,it's the players fault..
    * Then,there was no leaders on the pitch..
    * He appologised but the players were embarassed..

Teflon Millen,it's never his bloody fault,when will this man realize he is supposed to be the MANAGER of BRISTOL CITY FC and MANAGE..

2. JamboBCFC

JamboBCFC Member

And to be fair, the players are paid very good money to play football. Last night some didn't even look interested. Millen can say all he likes but when you have the likes of Woolford and Kilkenny bottling tackles and challenges all over the shop then half your midfield is already hopeless. I'm certain he didn't tell our team to completely ignore our right wing where our best chances came from.

At the end of the day I will never boo the team off, I don't think it helps in the slightest and I wont call for the manager's head. If things go far enough i'm sure SL will step in, unfortunately it seems to be that everything that goes wrong is down to the manager not the players. We already saw that they didn't try towards the end of GJ's reign, as performances picked up when he went. The squad is NOT as good as some think and many are just going through the paces.

Massive clearout needed.

3. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Surely it's the managers job for team selection,tactics,training,motivation,team spirit,fitness,leadership on and off the field and the will to win,for god's sake it's Millens fault,the buck stops with him...

4. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Great shout Wiz.
    Just listened on Player to Millen's post match interview.
    Drivel.

5. JamboBCFC

JamboBCFC Member

Millen does select the team, i'd blame him for last night is giving in to the pressure of playing 4-4-2 at home and playing two forwards. Our midfield is utterly dire. Cisse is our best midfielder and he wants to leave. The squad does need leadership from the manager but the players on the pitch should show leadership as well. Stead came on, shouted at people and tried to get them going. Other than that, Macca puts his body on the line but there's noone else that sets and example to the guys actually playing. Carey used to do it, Hartley did it, McCoombe for all his faults did. Our squad needs a leader on the pitch and badly. We're far too nice as a team, noone has any bite in them.

6. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

The transfer window is about to close and the manager and club have had since May (and before) to get rid of all the players that are surplus to requirements and bring in better quality. Instead they're not only still there, but some of them are still playing!

Wize is also spot on, the buck stops with the manager. It's not always fair, but it's the way of the world.

Come on Donny, stick a few past us on Saturday and let's get this farce over with asap.

7. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I agree with you wizered, Iif like Jambo says Kilkenny and woolford pulls out of tackles, why did we get them? Last season he says we need a creative midfielder, CB and LB, we get another player in the Stead mould but not as good!
    I have followed city for near on 35 years and never booed the team but last night was the closest I came to it.
    The players just did not seem interested, and for that I blame the manager he is the one that is put in charge to get the best out of the team, and that is not happening.
    We all say give him time it's not his team!! Yet we named 2 players that he has bought.
    Can anybody name 3 teams that will be below us, Peterborough hammered the team that battered us! Crystal Palace seem to changed, Derby have improved no end! We have stood still. Even if we do stay up can he take us forward, in my opinion no.
    We have the players who can play now get the manager, who will motivate them and drive them forward!

8. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

well thats 270+ mins not scored now at home..............the only good thing i could get from last night was ryan taylor, only player that stood out for me

Gerken 5- played well, shame about his injury

Wilson 4- made a few good tackles but not a great performance

Nyatanga 4 - same as wilson

Mcallister 3 - bloody terrible cant tackle, cant pass, too old

J-C-R 5- didnt see that much of the ball becasue of they way swindon played but better than most players

Skuse 3 - was he even playing

Kilkenny 4 - poor passing, bottling tackles just didnt look the player he has of late

Woolford 4 - very poor passing, lost the ball quite alot and very lightweight, bottled tackles

Taylor 6- good in the air, good hold up play

Pitman 4- alot of running but he didnt do much at all

James- 1 is he just gunna let a goal in every time he plays.......

Albert 6- looked good when he came on, good runs made WHY DIDNT HE START!!!

Stead 3- didnt know he was on the pitch

Millen 0.001 - why is he still incharge

Fans 2- very poor show, atmosphere was dire, alot of moaning and to much booing

9. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Millen picked the team and made the plans,the fans didn't pick MILLEN,we just continue to pay........

10. Caldicot Cider Red

Caldicot Cider Red Well-Known Member

Hi guys.....just signed up to the forum!
    I used to be on the old BBC 606 as Caldicot Ciderhead but my works pc has no access to this one so I will only be posting ocasionaly.

I feel like I have been in suspended animation.........i left 606 as we were all saying how we had just survived the season,we need a new cm,cb,lb and that millen was not the man for the job,how we need NM up front,hope the stadium debarcal gets sorted,ect,ect,ect...............and guess what?.........NOTHINGS CHANGED!!!!.

Well thats not exactly true now is it?......we have signed players we never had to(hardly setting the league alight are they),Millen is still in charge,sort of,crowds are dwindling,players are looking to leave and Nicky "I love this club and want to stay to take us to the prem" Maynard is soooooo obviously packing his bags and waiting for a cheque to clear!!

So yes............LOTS has changed in my 3 months away,and all for the bloody worse.

Trust me guys,this IS currently a sinking ship.

Forget Maynard,let him go......sod off and thanks Nicky. Thanks for the goals and thanks for putting this club I love under more pressure.
    Stadium??...........yeh right............thats been a massive thorn in our side and I think possibly the biggest factor in this whole farce of a season. Has the board focused on that at the expense of forgetting whats going on on the field?

I,like City,have lost my "bounce"....my mo-jo....and very soon,my patience.

Rant over,and its nice to be back :)

11. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Welcome back CCR !

12. Caldicot Cider Red

Cheers mate.............not happy campers are we!

13. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good to see you Caldicot...I always enjoy your posts. Any news of Monkeh, turkey twizzler, From The Yocality....?

14. Caldicot Cider Red

Hi Pirate........no news mate,I thought they may be here but i guess not. I can access Football Forums.net from work ok,but to be honest,its a very quiet site with not a lot happening and there are non of the old 606 mob on it.
    Did I here you txt the 20 pence show the other day?? I hear CJS on there a bit.....is he Geoffs love child or something?

15. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Hey Caldicot,the voice of reason,welcome back...

16. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Monkeh got frustrated and stays on OTIB,Twiz got a job on the pier and FTY announced his retirement,I'm very sorry to say....

17. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

2nd welcome back CCR! Wize is right yet again because like him I'm fed up with hearing KM's excuses because excuses don't win games. The old adage of actions speak louder than words fits the bill at AG these days because all we hear are words. Just look at our off season and now and you will note there is a total lack of action on all fronts. The players have clearly lost direction and motivation and are clearly being paid good money without the necessary dedication to effort.

Forgive me for saying this but all the missing links in the success chain shuld come from management and I'm sure even the most dedicated supporter hasn't missed that point. Will we see any action during the next few days that might give us all some hope for the future? Don't hold your breath because knowing our leader's ineptitude we will probably bring in another player that will never fit the bill and add to our already hefty wage bill. I have never been so despondent about what's going on at AG and don't see any hope of change soon.

Whatever happened to common sense and commitment?

18. Caldicot Cider Red

Hi Wize........or is Mr Red now you are a moderator??
    Same sh1t,different season as they say?

19. bristolcityforever

I'm feeling down and in a state, last night we lost at ashton gate. One nil to swindon in the cup, we all ask millen what is up. Nicky maynard wants to leave, but all us fans we still believe. Away to donny with shame we hide,to wear our shirts and shout with pride. England England number one, where has that keeper really gone. Now in goal calamity james, lets hope for us he plays less games. We still travell sing and shout, but if donny win then ( MILLEN OUT)

20. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Caldicot,no way,just the same,just an old City boy...:emoticon-0103-cool: