1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Masters

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by hammersmith junior, Apr 4, 2017.

1. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

Posted about this already.

2. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

That's up there with dropping a jar of salad cream on ones foot. Or my personal favourite, Glenn McGrath twisting his ankle on a cricket ball while playing touch rugby in the warm up at Birmingham (sorry Aussie).

3. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

The first post above was a cut and paste from the Hills website. It seemed extremely generous, so I had a fiver at 100/1. Having checked my account this morning, this is what I find in my 'open bets'.....

Single To Win

Jordan Spieth & Rory McIlroy To Both Have A Bogey Free Round In The Masters @ 100/1Your Odds - 50/1 Or MoreOpen

The Masters - #YourOdds

Stake: £5.00Potential Returns: £505.00

Notice the subtle difference?

I going to have row later.

4. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Pieters at -5 after 10 holes, I'll bet he isn't 80/1 now...<laugh>

5. peter1954qpr

peter1954qpr Well-Known Member

-2 now after 17 but still leading

6. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Spieth with a 9 on the 15th, ouch...

7. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Wind causing all sorts of problems.......

8. Stroller

Good to see so many Englishmen/Europeans on the leaderboard. Shame Fitzpatrick couldn't hang onto his lead, I was getting a little excited.....

Single To Win

Matthew Fitzpatrick 1st Round Leader & Thomas Pieters To Win The Masters @ 2500/1Your Odds - 50/1 Or MoreOpen

The Masters - #YourOdds

Stake: £5.00Potential Returns: £12505.00

hammersmith junior likes this.
  9. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Had a few McGirt bets including a couple of quid matched on Betfair at 539/1 and he's now 49/1 to lay so I'll owe Hammersmith a large drink if that comes in.

Also got Lowry and Pieters so hopeful.

10. hammersmith junior

hammersmith junior Well-Known Member

Well i'll be jiggered,what a sick round that was. All sorts of shannanigans in the wind,and lots of stories to be told. At one point it looked like Pieters was going to post a superb round ,but he fell apart on the back 9 to finish level par. Mr McGirt shot a superb round of 69 to finish on -3,and sit in 2nd place. But unfortunately Hoffman shot the round of his life to finish on -7 ! I actually looked at him to be first round leader at 175/1,but left him out (gutted). I did do McGirt at 175/1 e.w. and Pieters 70/1 e.w., so still made a nice profit, but Hoffman has cost me a fortune ! Honourable mention to Westwood at -2,he fought back admirably,and a host of players at -1 and level par. I thought McCilroy and Watson were both incredibly fortunate not to shoot high scores, Rory was on course to shoot about 5 over until his approach stuck on the bank,and instead of trickling back into the water stuck fast enabling him to get up and down for a birdie. It totally changed his round,and gave him the impetous to finish at level par. Bubba holed 2 of the most miraculous putts I've ever witnessed,and probably saved him 3 or 4 shots ! Long way to go, and it's set up for an intriguing second day. There's meant to be a decent wind blowing again tomorrow,so it's gonna be another stiff test. All I can say is come on William McGirt, I'm sick of working for a living ! lol

11. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

I have that problem all the time, however, with all due respect, I'm sure l have more chance winning lotto that Westwood or Garcia posting a victory.
    Good players but unable to stomach the pressure of a final day.
    If someone is going to win out of nowhere, it will be a younger unknown type of player.
    We may get some unknown leading for 3 days but the cream will start rising mid final round.

sb_73 likes this.
  12. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I'd like three days of tough conditions which drag the big hitters into the field then a glorious perfect final day, where nerve is the key. Mickleson well in the mix.

Why is it that the Masters, The Open and The Ryder Cup are the only golf tournaments I have any interest in?

Didley Squat likes this.
  13. Bwood_Ranger

So you were a shot off winning on day one. That price has to be an error.

14. Stroller

It was....

Dear Sir/Madam

We are unfortunately writing to apologise for a display error that occurred on the William Hill website for the Master 2017 #Yourodds Market. Spieth and McIlroy to have a bogey round’ was incorrectly displayed, the market should have read to have a Bogey FREE round.

We apologise for the error and any inconvenience caused. As I’m sure you’ll understand, we make every effort to maintain high levels of accuracy throughout the site at all times.

If you wish to void your bet then please contact us before the 1st round commences.

For further information regarding our procedure towards errors, please see our Terms and Conditions at
    http://www.williamhill.com
    If you have any further queries regarding your bet on the above competition or any other subject please contact our Customer Services department on UK freephone 0800 085 6296, International freephone 00800 3551 3551, or by e-mail at [email protected].

We again apologise for any inconvenience you’ve suffered as a result of our error.

Best of luck

Sincerely

Customer Services
    William Hill Online

15. Bwood_Ranger

I know they have rules for these situations but I think they should be made to pay out in the event it wins. Essentially you signed a contract both sides were privy to.

16. Stroller

Yeah, they should, but they won't - I've been down this road before. They've got it all sown up in their T's & C's. In hindsight, it was a daft price, so plainly an error. If it was Paddy Power, though, they would have made a compensatory offer.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  17. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Why? Possibly because there is no better yardstick. Truely great tournaments with much history.

I like Ricki Fowler. He has matured nicely. Old favourites Couples & Michelson are always great to watch.

I'd be happy to see one of three win.

Filthy about Pieters with the fluro orange shoes. Should be like Wimbledon with little tolerance for over the top, colour.

Maybe lm just showing my age.

18. hammersmith junior

It's getting better and better,this is how I like to see top golf played. A bit of wind and a tough test instead of a birdie fest. 4 players tied at the top at -4,and we've got 2 of them in Pieters and Fowler. From what I've seen these 2 are striking the ball as purely as anyone,and I can see one of them prevailing. McGirt went out first,but is still in with place chances at -2. Spieth showed his class with 3 birdies on the back 9,and at level par is only 4 shots off the lead. So many in with a chance and with the wind meant to drop and temperatures meant to rise,it's all set up for a momentous weekend. Let's hope one of our players gains the day,it's compelling viewing !

19. Bwood_Ranger

If McGirt wins we're getting limos to Norwich.

20. hammersmith junior

I'd like to think that if he wins, I won't be going anywhere near Norwich !

TootingExcess and KooPeeArr like this.