1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The low key FA Cup Final

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by ProudPotter, May 21, 2016.

1. ProudPotter

ProudPotter Well-Known Member

I've just been thinking how low key and seemingly unimportant Final day is becoming. When I was growing up the FA Cup Final was the highlight of the season. I remember watching the BBC TV coverage from early morning and took an interest in the teams, their route to the final and various other highlights of past cup finals they might show. I always picked the team I wanted to win the final. Over recent years that interest has slowly declined and even in 2011 the final was played on the same afternoon as several premier league games and so played second fiddle to those games I recall. Such a shame in my opinion.

By the way, am I right in thinking this year's cup final is today and is not kicking off at 3pm, and who is playing?

nickyb likes this.
  2. nickyb

nickyb Well-Known Member

Good question PP...frankly my dear, I don't give a damn !! It kicks off @ 17:30. courtesy of the TV...and sod the poor supporters who have to travel.

Will not be watching :)

3. nickyb

nickyb Well-Known Member

Who won?

4. ProudPotter

ProudPotter Well-Known Member

I've no idea Nick ....maybe Jose Mourinho won it since the only footy news there has been since Saturday has been about him!
    How's the cricket season going?

nickyb likes this.
  5. nickyb

nickyb Well-Known Member

Bit of a one sided test series v Sri Lanka, but looking forward to the rugby this weekend England v Wales and Saracens v Exeter...proper stuff

All the best PP <cheers>