1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The London Banter Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bucks Blue, Jun 10, 2013.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

<laugh> yeah like I said - it looked more like a rant than banter, so I didn't read it.

2. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

well you missed the funniest bit of banter ever written on not606 so it's your loss <laugh>

3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

<diva> <laugh>

4. Purley

Purley Well-Known Member

New superman movie on friday! Got my tickets booked :)

5. Bucks Blue

Bucks Blue Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He's got it! <party>

6. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

Did you post on the Sutton Forum as Bucksboy?,as it looks almost the same post,hope you got all the info you wanted,what do you think of the site,if you go on the official site you can see photo's of the ground, etc.SuttonUnited .net

7. Here are mine:-

Chelsea: 3rd
    Spurs: 4th
    Arsenal: 6th
    Fulham: 10th
    West Ham: 13th
    Crystal Palace: 19th

8. Bucks Blue

Bucks Blue Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I did mate as was finding out some info. All very helpful on there. You live near the ground etc? Yeah it's a good site and it was good to get some decent responses as I know next to nothing about Sutton United!

9. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Spurs fourth! Hilarious.

Laugh at Spurs. Laugh at HIAG

LAS; LAhiag

10. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

You never been there with Wycombe then?,used to be big rivals at one time.

11. My predictions are based on (a) us keeping Bale & AVB, and (b) buying at least one decent striker to replace the two ****e ones we have.

If we lose Bale but spend the money on at least one decent striker, I can't see us finishing above the Gunners. If we lose Bale and fail to spend big in the Summer transfer window, we'll finish no higher than 5th. I can't see 'Pool finishing above us, as they are too far behind, plus we always manage to hijack their transfer targets. The new song at the Lane sung to Mousers, is "We'll buy your transfer targets if we want to."

12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

<laugh> I'll give you a get out clause now if you like ?

13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

. . . this is a time limited offer <ok>

14. The Serious Guy

The Serious Guy Active Member

Don't see the ridiculousness of Spurs finishing 4th?

We did it last season (missing on 3rd by a point), missed out this season by a point, despite both our strikers being less useful at striking than my good friend Gareth is at ironing (he's a double amputee).

From a rational point of view, I'm not saying Spurs are sure-fire favourites for the top 4, but we are definitely odds on favourites for 5th. Who else would you put in there for 5th? Liverpool? Don't make me laugh. Everton? A team in transition, with a manager who's never dealt with the pressures of top 6 football before.

From an emotive point of view however, I personally could see Spurs slipping into the top 3. City and Utd with new managers, Chelsea with an old one, but still with the 5000 marque players competing for each position, with Arsenal and ourselves on a relevative par, its not unlikely that this could be the season we finish above them. Surely one of those teams could slide out of the top 4?

15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

We've been hearing this for the last 18 years though and every season it's failed to materialise. Last year we even had Mystic Smeg predicting the fabled North London power shift and our demise in no uncertain terms - and again it came back to bite him on the arse. If you ever do finish above us, then we might take you seriously, but to be honest, this just sounds like a broken record now.

16. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I'd love to hear HIAG's rationale for why he thinks Arsenal will finish 6th <ok>

17. The Serious Guy

The Serious Guy Active Member

I'm not going to say I've not predicted Spurs finishing above Arsenal, especially the last year or two, but you have to acknowledge that as a club, we've definitely caught you up. You can't not take us seriously when for the last two seasons we've been ahead of you for lenghty periods, only to falter at the final run in. Eventually, that's going to be rectified, and we may finally overtake you as a club.

Anyway, that wasn't the focal point of my argument; it was the fact that people are predicting Spurs to fall back down the table that confuses me, and I was looking for the rationale of such an argument.

18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

More pertinent is the rationale behind the argument that Arsenal will fall down the table and finish 6th. I'd like to know how that prediction has been reached ? (I realise that's HIAG's and not yours)

As for you catching us up, well you haven't. You've come closer to us than you have for 18 years, but you've still finished behind us for nearly two decades. Moreover, the last few years where you have been pushing us have been some of our worst seasons under Wenger, mainly down to the financial restrictions we faced from the stadium build and city, chelsea and utd spending vast millions around us and us selling our best players to stay sovent.

Even your best seasons, compared to our worst still saw you finish below us. If we do invest this summer as our board have said they will, then it's more likely that the gap between us will increase again.

19. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

if Arsenal spend like they've told everyone they will, they'll be top four. Can't see Spurs spending big or even getting big names without CL.

20. King Ossie64

King Ossie64 Well-Known Member

Spuds will do what you do best............Sell the family silver <ok>