1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Leicester City "spiral" watch!

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Hoddle is a god, Jan 17, 2016.

1. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Disappointing to lose when Arsenal were probably there for the taking if we'd gone for it but then a couple of months ago we'd have been battered so we move on. Still got some winnable games left and I still hope we can finish respectively in the top half.
    As for Sanchez. I think that situation played out as well as it could for us. I think Fuchs showed restraint not to thrown the ball elsewhere like his head but that'd have been potentially a serious injury if not fatal from that range so I'm glad he only went for his shoulder as we don't need any more nasty Leicester stories in the press. The fact Sanchez made himself look like a twat is a bonus

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

We weren't 'there for the taking' in this game at all though, maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago yes. We were all over you in the first half and if somebody had bothered to shoot, we probably could have scored. Sanchez hit the bar at the end of the 1st half, so got a bit unlucky there.

Sanchez was a nob at the end with that play acting, but he had every right to stand where he was, to be honest Fuchs should have been booked for deliberately throwing it at him, along with Sanchez for unsporting conduct.

3. JohnTheFox

I'm thinking more that given our performances have picked up even though we didn't get the results in the past few games, and with the on going fans vs Wenger issues, if we had come with any intent and it just come for a 0-0 I think we could have got a result. Add to that us having the weekend off whilst your lads played 120 mins, I meant going into the match more that during the match. Wasn't a dig at Arsenal :emoticon-0148-yes:

Hmm I think if I was an Arsenal fans I'd be annoyed Fuchs didn't get a card but as a Leicester fan I think good on him. Probably as fair as I can say <laugh> Fuchs would no doubt argue he went to take the throw but it was clearly deliberate. I also don't think there was any intent to injure though hence aiming for the shoulder. He would have done some real damage if that was his intention.

Also I think Sanchez was breaking rules by being that close and jumping wasn't he? Isn't it two meters away and no jumping? When he got him he was way closer than that

PINKIE likes this.
  4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yep Leicester have been playing well and you made it really difficult for us. I'm especially pleased with the win because of the reasons you mention, that you've been a lot stronger and because we've been ****e, also coming off the back of 120 mins against City on Sunday.

I don't think there is a rule on how far away the opposing player should stand, as long as he's on the field of play it's allowed. But any jumping or gesticulating that is designed to impede the throw in taker is an offence of unsporting behaviour, so Sanchez was rightly booked. Fuchs should have been booked for unsporting behaviour too for deliberately throwing the ball at Sanchez. But I have to say, Sanchez probably deserved it alone for the twatish play acting.

5. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

He took a throw-in. Don't see how that's an offence. I'd ban Sanchez tbh.

Blueman and JohnTheFox like this.
  6. The Ginger Marks

One wrong doesn't make the other wrong right. Sanchez was righty booked for his foolishness but deliberately throwing the ball at him is also a bookable offence.

PINKIE likes this.
  7. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Sanchez channelling his inner Rivaldo 2002 is not nice to see.

On another day, that could've got Fuchs sent off.

Here's hoping Sanchez gets a ban (at least a one match suspension <whistle>) and is also made to apologise to Fuchs for the potential trouble he could've got the lad in.

#JusticeForFuchs

Lovearsenalcock and JohnTheFox like this.
  8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

<laugh>

Dier Hard likes this.
  9. JohnTheFox

I'm surprised Fuchs didn't but glad as he was on a booking already along with the rest of our defence!!
    I think the fact he did that on a booking shows it wasn't pre-meditated but out of frustration whereas Sanchez was deliberately winding him up. I guess Id sooner see gamesmanship leave the game that what Fuchs did as long as no injury was caused obviously.
    TBH I think the whole thing boils down to the ref. If he'd had control and made Sanchez stop jumping in front of him, Fuchs wouldn't have done what he did. Maybe that was in the refs mind I dunno

PINKIE likes this.
  10. Bwood_Ranger

I'd say cheating rather than foolishness. Wenger's comments afterwards were typically pathetic.

I don't know which rule Fuchs broke. If he broke one then fine.

11. The Ginger Marks

Indeed it was pathetic as was the response by Fuchs and Wenger.

12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Unsporting behaviour for deliberately throwing the ball at Sanchez

13. JohnTheFox

Rules state 2 meters away which he definitely wasn't so the booking was correct. There isn't a rule for the player taking the throw in throwing it at a player that I can see! I'd imagine violent conduct tbh. Stil think the ref should have avoided it by booking Sanchez sooner as it shouldn't have got to the third time

Attached Files:

14. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Fair play fella. Fuchs would have been booked for unsporting behaviour for throwing the ball deliberately at Sanchez. He got away with it really as he'd already been booked. But you're right, the ref should have spoken to Sanchez before it became the farce that it was.

15. Bwood_Ranger

Seems vague at best. All I saw was a bloke take a throw-in and a defender block it with his shoulder.

16. JohnTheFox

I would say violent conduct if anything as I don't see it as particularly unsporting but could have caused serious injury. Having said that, I mentioned previously that I think Fuchs got him where he did to avoid injury. I dread to think what would have happened if he had actually hurled it at his head. It could have broken his neck and like I said before, been potentially fatal from that range

17. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Sanchez tweeted a picture of a split lip to try and avoid looking like a complete bellend. Obviously it didn't work.

AKCJ likes this.
  18. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The rule is that Sanchez should have been 2 yards away. He was practically standing on the line. Fuchs didn't do anything wrong. Sanchez was warned by the ref and he didn't move.

19. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You're allowed to throw the ball at opponents from a throw-in. Dean Saunders scored by doing it.

There's no difference between what Fuchs did and someone booting a free-kick at a player that hasn't retreated.
    Benalouane should've gone off, though. That's ****ty:

20. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He got that from a completely different incident. The twat.