1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The late Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Feb 22, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone,

I am sure you are all aware that Sutton Utd keeper Wayne Shaw was forced to resign amid an FA enquiry into match fixing!

The Sun newspaper (in its wisdom) decided to offer punters 8/1 odds (max £5 bet) that big boy Shaw, (all 22 stone of him) would eat a pie during the game!

Shaw decided why not!

Sutton were already 2-0 down and had used all their substitutions, so 43 year old Shaw would not have been able to influence the score, so he tucked in.

Its important to remember that the Sun got a lot of publicity about this. The mere fact that they stuck a maximum caviart of £5 indicates that they wanted punters to have a gop (in the same sort of way many of the big bookies offer greatly improved odds up to a maximum of a few quid to get people to join.

Surely, this is what The Sun did?

upload_2017-2-22_9-43-55.jpeg

In doing so Shaw broke FA rules on gambling, and an FA enquiry is underway as Shaw knew about The Sun offering this bet!

Seems Sutton Utd have hung their player out to dry, condemning the stunt, and accepting his resignation at the same time.

Nothing should shock us about the FA, they are so out of touch with reality that they could be on a different planet!

Would have thought Bairdy would have come out and backed Shaw.

He always wore his heart on his sleeve.

2. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Sign him up <ok>

OLOF and ristac like this.
  3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all..

Personally I think that their keeper is a disgrace, rather than remembering the clubs great cup run the attention was switched to old fatty.

I would have sacked him too and he deserves a punishment.

Just another chapter in how players and clubs have turned the FA cup into a joke.

I see Man City players walk over a cat walk style platform complete with Blue LED lights now. What is it all coming too.

4. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Leeds owner Andrea Radrizzani has denied that Charlie Taylor is the perpetrator of a strongly worded Instagram message suggesting he will quit the club in the summer.

Taylor’s verified account on the social media site dismissively replied to a Leeds fan on Monday afternoon who claimed Gaetano Berardi was a better left-back and that the club should sell the academy product for £7million in the summer.

The Leeds defender stated he was “out of contract in summer and good luck with that one”, accompanied by a thumbs-up emoticon.

please log in to view this image

1. please log in to view this image
        Andrea Radrizzani‏@andrearadri
        Feb 20
        More
        @AdamBarratt19 you are smart to see it s not Charlie account. Let s keep energy for Saturday game!

5. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning ristac, you heartless git <laugh>

wakeybreakyheart and ristac like this.
  6. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Bucks

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Like when you were at school and nobody was any good in goal, you used to just stick the fat lad in hoping he would fill the space

Farsleyexile and ellandback like this.
  8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Old fatty doesnt do footy. Hes a 46 year old fatty who does everything at the club from cleaning the ****ters to manning the turnstiles, sweeping the pitch, watwering the pitch, cleaning the dugouts, oh and he will even put a goaly shirt on if the team need someone to step in. I thought it was great fun and showed Suttons campaign as a non league club in a great light. This FA crap has spoiled it for everyone.

9. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

Morning all

This story about Shaw is ****ing stupid. He a non professional and he ate a ****ing pie. To be honest I'm more disgusted that he's eating crap in the dug out. I truly think that Sutton Town shouldn't have sacked him they should have just sent him to Slimming World.

OLOF likes this.
  10. Paul Hopkins

Paul Hopkins Well-Known Member

Agreed on the keeper 100%....embarrassment to football and the FA Cup with that stunt

hemase and ristac like this.

11. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. What have I always said about the FA Cup, its an even bigger joke than I thought. As for Taylor, out of contract in summer so why would he still be with us. Unless, of course hes hedging his bets waiting to see if were promoted. If we are, he wont have played a huge part unless he make a return from injury shortly. Watching the Fulham scoreline tonight with great interest. Probably most likely team to steal our playoff spot

12. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Really well said. Shaw lives in Totton, two miles from me. He stays down in Sutton, kipping on a mattress at the back of the changing rooms due to his love of the game.

13. ellandback

Forum Moderator

<laugh>
    Its like offering odds on Shaks to drink a pint

Irishshako and davy like this.
  14. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Paul

He's better than Ruchubka

Look at his acrobatics on 2min

15. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Wolves <laugh>

16. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Assuming Cellino sells his remaining stake in the club and IF we did get promoted, the Taylor situation would be interesting, he would have no reason not to sign a new contract because if he has a beef with anyone it can only be Cellino.

17. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

That would then open up a whole new debate, would he be good enough for the PL?. Would it be risky to offer him a big money contract when hes untested at that level. Same would apply to many more of our squad of course

18. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Morning all.

Shaw admitted he knew there was an offer on. He has admitted he knew friends had taken the offer. Therefore his actions were cheating. No different to spot fixing in cricket say. A stupid mistake by him and he will lay the price by missing out on the club he clearly loves.

Is the main issue surely these betting companies and these bets they offer? What sort of market is betting on whether a player will eat a pie?
    I like a bet but surely any serious punter is not betting on such things?
    The FA needs to look at its relationship with betting companies. It is their responsibility to promote sensible gambling. These quirky bets will attract younger gamblers who do not have the respect for what they are doing.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  19. lifecheshirewhite

Elland I'm better than Rachubka,that tells us nothing

ellandback likes this.
  20. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

Sheff Weds 1-2 Brentford
    Derby 0-0 Burton
    Hudds 1-0 Reading

surely these results are more important to discuss than a pie scoffing fat fcuk?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FORZA LEEDS likes this.