1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

the L shape corner

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by murray out, Feb 17, 2011.

1. murray out

murray out Well-Known Member

anyone ever stand in the L Shape Corner of the Roker End? I stood in there only once against Gillingham in the play offs when we were relegated to the old 3rd division. It was always used mainly for away fans unless there was a big away following where they would be housed in the big corner(Gillingham brought a few up that day, 1 of the worst days in our history)

2. billofengland

billofengland Well-Known Member

Paddock , was were my mates were, great times, Roker Park. ..............................Paddock, with your own alcohol, pies and bovril,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,heaven.

3. Davie 1973

Davie 1973 Well-Known Member

I remember it cost 2 bob to get in the boys enclosure in the Roker End during the mid to late 60s. Thats where it all started for me.

4. Shameless

Shameless Well hung member

I used to go to the Boys End with 20 minutes to go -when they opened the doors, if we were kicking towards that goal and sometimes in the paddocks of the Clock Stand too, where you could get you really close to the action. I preferred the Fulwell end mainly for the atmosphere, I used to love it during big games you could hear the Roker End sing and 'roar'.

Happy memories.