Off Topic The Karl Robinson Sacking Thread

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Nigel Leafblower, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Nigel Leafblower

Nigel Leafblower Well-Known Member

We have signed Nathan Byrne on loan from Wigan. A winger, who previously played 80 games for Swindon

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    The Ghost of Ponders likes this.
  2. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

Who ....not good enough fir Wigan ffs

Holden Chinaski likes this.
  3. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

What I have seen of Nathan Byrne is that he ŵill be a good signing. I have seen him a few times for Swindon. He is pacy and can score a goal or two.

4. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

5. Nigel Leafblower

I am starting to dislike Robinson more by the day.

In yesterday's Evening Standard he claims that the vast majority of the Lookman and Fox money will be invested in the training ground <laugh><laugh>

Apparently he has been shown the plans and they have blown his mind.

Robinson says he has a duty to think of the Club in 50 years time and not think short - term in wanting money for players.

At that moment he paused, because he couldn't read Olly Groome's handwriting.

6. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Forum Moderator

Let's put this on hold until after millwall. That's what today is all about.

7. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Sorry Super, but this is interesting. It reveals why Roland stopped the building works, he didn't want to put any more money in. He drew up the plans and started the work without the intention of finishing it. Either that or he assumes that the sort of windfall we got from our recent Academy crop will be repeated year on year. It won't.

8. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I find Robinson interesting and enjoyable to listen to at times, other times he can be truly nauseating.

9. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Forum Moderator

It's interesting - but I personally just want to focus on millwall today. Millwall and beer.

10. Nigel Leafblower

He gives the impression that he talks first and thinks later. Even a cursory glance at Duchatelet's history would suggest that the Lookman dough is highly unlikely to be reinvested in Sparrows Lane. Ditto the comments about doing the right thing by Charlton over 50 years - Charlton managers only get an average tenure of 20 games.

As @ForestHillBilly says, Duchatelet's boast was always the training ground investment - it was never ever mentioned that player looting would be needed to fund it.

Comments like this make Robinson come across as another RD dimwit.

Miketyson2007Junior likes this.

11. AllHellLetLoose

AllHellLetLoose The Shadow
    Forum Moderator

Robinson at his interview (in Paris) obviously said ...

"Don't worry Mr President .... if you appoint me.... I will bring the fans back ... I will charm them, they will return"

12. Miketyson2007Junior

Miketyson2007Junior Active Member

Robinson at his cheesy best:

“I was going to bring in another midfield player but Ezri [Konsa] and Joe [Aribo] basically said to go and shut up – you don’t need one. Not verbally – but by physically what they have shown me on the pitch. ...“I think every fan of ours will look and say ‘that’s an area that looks very comfortable’.

Holden Chinaski likes this.
  13. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

14. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Forum Moderator

Back to his interview, yesterday hopefully showed him and the board that we need more bodies. Konsa is at risk of "filling" in at CM or CB. Next week I assume he's moved back to defense. Settle on his best position and sign a body in the other.

The left worries me - but that's hopefully sorted with Holmes return. Up front - sell ajose if he doesn't feature. Watt is a better option as a loan forward and that says something. Think he can be the number 10 we need in this league, and probably the best player in the league in that role.

The training ground money - a slap in the face to the sympathizes who have always discussed RD financing it. No, like always,we've self financed it. RD doesn't give a **** about Charlton, it's done with putting more ££££ on the price when he sells. He will walk away with profit, and your dignity.

DickPlumb and ForestHillBilly like this.
  15. Nigel Leafblower

If yesterday proved nothing else it was "take what simple minded football people say with a large pinch of salt".

Take Tony Watt <whistle> as an example. I may be in a minority in thinking that Watt is a lazy distracted undisciplined waster, although unlike many of his groupies I have actually seen 90% of his performances for us. When Watt came back, intellectual titans Harry Lennon and Dillon Phillips took to Twitter proclaiming that "their main man" was the "best player in League One". Big Gob Robinson then said that he would make Watt cry and sweat buckets in training. What do we get yesterday - Watt coming on and looking palpably unfit after only 10 mins on the pitch. A couple of feints aside, he contributed nothing.

Robinson needs to stop blowing smoke up the fans arses. MKD fans on Twitter said he did exactly the same thing there. Every MKD kid was the next David Beckham, every defeat was down to the ref. Everyone can see that the little midget kid Da Silva is going to have the sh1t kicked out of him in League One. Byrne wasn't great yesterday either. Most fans are not as stupid as the players and Robinson are. They can see what is really happening here. At every successive transfer window, an already weak squad gets made even weaker.

We are already 20 points behind Chris Wilder's Sheff Utd ...

16. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Forum Moderator

Your right that watt didnt look fit, but game time is needed to get back to match fitness. Huge difference between being 'fit' and 'match fitness'.

Still, he contributed more than Ajose. Whether you like him or not, he's a match winner. Any(!) Club in this league would take him, but lets see how he does after a few games. That will give us an idea what Tony Watt turns up.

Me and AH had a pm about Watt last year, and one of the problems has sorted itself. Here's hoping the second is sorted.

17. AllHellLetLoose

AllHellLetLoose The Shadow
    Forum Moderator

I hope TW doesn't turn into a Gazza!

18. ForestHillBilly

To do that he'd have to play some of the terrific football Gazza played first.

Nigel Leafblower likes this.
  19. ForestHillBilly

KR going on about the long-term vision, appears to be drawing attention away from the disappointing present, which sees us mid-table, with a weaker squad than a month ago, and facing another season in L1 at least.

20. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

This Saturday will probably confirm another season in league one with a "We underestimated League One."