Off Topic The Karl Robinson Sacking Thread

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Nigel Leafblower, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

Well this is it guys. Find it weird {...} that with our top six budget, the best we can muster is a top seven finish (as statistics shows from the past 20 seasons).

What's worrying is there's more chance we'll achieve relegation than playoffs.

IMG_1307.JPG

2. Nigel Leafblower

Nigel Leafblower Well-Known Member

Gobsh1te Karl Robinson has claimed that Aribo (new contact) has similarities to "a young Patrick Viera" today :1980_boogie_down:

Either a typically garrulous comment from Stan Boardman, or maybe a case of KR talking up an Academy product to get scouts interested ?

Either way, not the sort of comment Curbs would have made.

3. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That's laughable. Probably puts pressure on the young lads shoulders as well.

4. Nigel Leafblower

Robinson on Aribo:

" I am ecstatic, since I walked through the door I have been told about this kid"

He clearly hasn't heard what Meire does with our best Academy prospects :1980_boogie_down:

DickPlumb and ken shabby like this.
  5. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Will Robinson be sacked,or will he walk first? There were hints that he's sending us a message that he's already frustrated with Roland. He's 36, he's already got one sacking on his CV, won't want another. He's not so stupid that he doesn't know how trigger-happy Roland is, so my prediction is that if he sees the writing on the wall for whatever reason,he'll be off. Hopefully not quietly.

6. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Forum Moderator

What was the message he sent?

7. AllHellLetLoose

AllHellLetLoose The Shadow
    Forum Moderator

It's on the OS <ok>

8. ForestHillBilly

What do you make of him saying that he "Kept on repeating that I want to make this club successful"? I'd say he didn't feel he was getting this basic message across to "Mr President", and he wants the fans to know it. He wants to keep the fans on his side, but even if he does that will cut no ice with Roland, may even antagonise him. And any conflict between them there is only one winner. Robinson will know this, and so I expect him to walk before he is sacked. this will suit Roland, as he will be able to instal C O'L and blame Robinson. You read it here first!

9. Nigel Leafblower

Robinson is full of sh1t.

The fact that all we are being linked to is ex -MK Dons out of contract journeymen, tells you all you need to know.

10. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

I think Reeves is more than a journeyman. I have seen him a number of times and in my opinion he is what we need. What we also need,which we won't get, is a new striker, Left back, Right back.

11. ForestHillBilly

The problem is not Robinson, it's Roland. I don't have any sympathy for Robinson or any Charlton manager, because Roland practically has a sign on his forehead saying "madman" by now. Any manager who takes on the job is probably by definition not the right man for the job (Groucho Marx-I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member), but let's not forget where the real problem lies.

charltonted likes this.
  12. ForestHillBilly

Robinson is the only one of Roland's appointees who has actually achieved anything as a manager, although that achievement was cancelled out by his taking Milton Keynes back down again, and doing rather badly in L1 afterwards. And none of them has had any success afterwards either. Like Driesen and the CEO they are all mediocrities or failures who are full of gratitude to Mr President for giving them a wonderful opportunity. He revels in the adulation. Maybe that's why he does it.

13. Nigel Leafblower

"We've reduced the age of the team, increased the energy and hopefully increased the excitement"

- Karl Robinson today in the SLP.

Possibly his most stupid comment yet?

14. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Forum Moderator

Can see his angle. Slade brought old and played static.

15. Nigel Leafblower

Apart from the fact that they have just asset stripped for £11m a young player who played with energy and added excitement...

16. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Forum Moderator

Sure, but that's a decision made above KR'S head. He's just trying to remain positive.

A very bad week to bemoan 'mola going. Has to get the players focused on Millwall and for the fans to understand that.

Coming out and saying anything else is suicidal.

17. Nigel Leafblower

The player Robinson wants to sign this week is Eliot Lee from Barnsley - Robert Lee's son.

He was released by West Ham and joined Barnsley last summer, but hasn't figured for them. He plays attacking midfield.

18. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Moneyball signing. No urgency to get promoted as long as we are selling players for £

19. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

I think more energy is needed in the side. Anybody who watched us could see that playing Jackson Crofts and Foley would not work. Slade could not see it but Robinson has addressed it. The players he has signed like Da Silva, Forster - Caskey, etc have got more gas. With Aribo and Konsa at least we will be able to compete in the midfield areas.

20. Nigel Leafblower

Rich Cawley reporting today that the move for Ben Reeves has "stalled" [i.e Meire won't pay].

The prediction last week from certain "in the know" fans that Robinson had £400,000 to spend looks a tad optimistic.