1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Jim and Kat Show

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by deleted....., Oct 26, 2016.

1. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

2. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

I'm not to worried about who does the talking, if they are articulate and get the points across. As has been said, there are so many problems derived from this ownership that it is asking a lot to get them over in a limited time, so I'm not suprised Rick let the 50m 'loan'go under the radar. However, he got the Dreisen scouting thing out in the open, and by all accounts knocked KM's efforts yesterday back into the garbage where they belong. Really it's time to get together against the owners, rather than waste time questioning RE's motives- he wants the regime out and so do we.
    Probably a good time to praise Jim White too, for letting the fans come back after Katriens giggling little girl show yesterday. And the two assistants were on our side too. The only opposition appears to be ITTV where half the members are more worried about CARD than RD and KM. As if CARD were responsible for Luzon, Fraeye and Peter Parsley. Weird.

3. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Jim White said that the Charlton fans at Gillingham "To a man" wanted to see Roland out. What does that make ITTV's motley crew?<double><double>

4. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

Reams avatar on ITTV is of him and a horse. The horse looks more intelligent than Reams, that says it all!

5. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

All they are banging on about is CARD and Rick Everitt.

This message board included, people should realise we all support the same side and should stop having digs at each other.

The blatant wums and apologists though are fair game for a verbal battering.

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  6. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

They are a sad bunch of geriatric hand wringers. Collectively they remind me of the Richard Briers character in the Good Life - the type that knit their own underpants and grow rhubarb at the bottom of the garden. I saw quite a few of this type in the Lower West at the Coventry - their collective motto is "Roland pays the bills and we just want to watch the football"

They are nothing more than a bunch of c*nts. They deserve to support a club that goes bust.

7. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

We're on the same side, but that doesn't mean we should just toe the line. Several things I disagree with so will say.

Suggesting they should be devoid of any criticism doesn't seem right to me.

Ken Shabby likes this.
  8. ForestHillBilly

Nobody has asked her any hard questions about falling attendances. The protests make it easy for her to avoid that, and she gets away with blaming it on relegation, when in fact our attendances were on a steady downward curve long before relegation.

9. User deleted as requested

It has been discussed in her recent 'discussions' with fan's groups - she thinks that the fans will come flooding back when Slade's side play successful football.

Yes, really.

Murray is still on the Board & was sitting next to her yesterday - i wonder if he condoned the latest assaults on fan freedom?

10. ForestHillBilly

She believes that you can fool all of the people all of the time then.

11. User deleted as requested

Even by the Regime's standards they have had a terrible last 2 weeks.

A failing team and manager on the pitch. A 6,500 home attendance in a league game including comps and discounts. Plain clothes thugs ordered by Tony Keohane to beat up fans carrying flags. And now resorting to using the Metropolitan Police in a transparent & desperate bid to gag dissent.

I think they have sunk below Oysten's Blackpool in the "Race to the Gutter" stakes.

12. ForestHillBilly

It's a tough one that. The oystons have quartered Blackpool's home gates, which takes some doing, so far Roland has only managed to half ours. And They've taken 'Pool down 3 divisions compared to Roland's one, but then again they've had more time. So for me Roland is still in second place, but could be sitting on the oystons' tail waiting to make a late charge. At least with them you can understand their motive, they've siphoned off loads of money, and had 4 years parachute money as a bonus. It does show that if you've got an owner hell-bent on destroying a club you get no help from the football league or the FA. They are just allowed to get on with it.

Ken Shabby and The Kish like this.
  13. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

Didn't the FA tweet something recently that they cannot do anything about current owners, but can influence the rules again new ones? Or am I misinterpreting.

14. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

They did say there was virtually nothing they could do. It was head of the FA when he was called before parliament, though the question related to Coventry specifically, it still stands for us too.

Basically they mean, as long as these people pay their bills then we don't care.

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  15. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Sadly, it has a certain logic. If you are a useless owner of any normal business (ie non football related), you can run it according to whatever crackpot whims you please. If it loses money hand over fist, it will eventually fold, but you are answerable to no one unless there are shareholders.
    Interestingly regarding our CEO, someone on CL checked out the CEO at Mexalsis (or whatever RD's core business is). Where he actually makes money, he tends to get people in a lot more logical fashion. The CEO there has worked her way up through the firm, understands the intricacies, and lives and breathes electronics. Now Katrien Meire on the other hand.....
    We have an owner who having proved he can make money, seems to want to prove he can also lose it, and at an even faster rate.

16. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

It's scary that we still don't know RD's goal. We assume it's to go against the grain and somehow prove there is money to be made in football using algorithms and stringent budgets. He's openly said he isn't too worried about winning football games.

I guess he just really, really liked Moneyball.

17. ForestHillBilly

Same with Thomas Driesen. A stupid deluded young person whose only qualification is the ability to pander to Roland's ego.

18. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

His idea we know relied heavily on enforcement of the FPP, but considering no one really adheres to it, screwed him up.

His goal simply is to make his wealth even bigger. Maybe owning a football club means that he can divert his money away in loans and pay less taxes?

Not 100% sure, but I reckon that's got to be a bit of it.

When Jim asked "Fans were protesting at Standard Liege" they palmed it off as, "that was a different situation." Reading into it, really wasn't a different situation. They sacked a fan favourite manager, sold their best players and put in a series of crap untested and unproven Head Coaches.

Sound familiar?

19. User deleted as requested

For me the one positive last Saturday was just how low the attendance was. People are still quitting in droves. Soon Meire will be looking out on 5,000 league crowds. Who would have thought we would ever see that again at Charlton?

20. Oooopeakeyrocket

Yes but Moneyball was about using stats to create a winning side. RD seems to be in some kind of totally bizarre 'look how smashing my balance sheet and P&L look and damn the results' gig. Notwithstanding the fact that he has to capitalise £50m which utterly discredits his operating accounts, who gives a damn about a nice balance sheet if the football club's fortunes are plummeting as a result? It's like Rolls Royce ditching aircraft engines and concentrating on manufacturing nuts and bolts just to prove they can operate at a bigger margin than GE. The guy is a total freakin hubristic bastard crackpot, and we are the victims.