1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The January Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Roo, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Trefside Spurs

But does this mean we're on for signing him up in the next window? We shouldn't take these things too personally - just business.

2. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Leandro's agent has been just as much an ass as Inter, given the first time we were in for him he kept namedropping Barca, Real, PSG or Milan in the hope of starting a transfer auction.

3. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I actually don't want Damiao now.

I only want players that WANT to sign for Spurs, Damiao has made it perfectly clear that he'd prefer to remain at Inter for the foreseeable future, I actually respect him for doing so as many would jump at the chance to leave for Europe but fact is, we've chased him for nearly two years now, time to move on and find someone that wants to be here.

4. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

yeah,i agree with that,he has made it clear he doesn't want to come,we need player's that want to play for us.

5. humanbeingincroydon

When the bubble economy Brazilian football is currently enjoying, and it will, he'll want to sign for us - for a reduced transfer fee.

6. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

"I only want players that WANT to sign for Spurs, Damiao has made it perfectly clear that he'd prefer to remain at Inter for the foreseeable future, I actually respect him for doing so as many would jump at the chance to leave for Europe but fact is, we've chased him for nearly two years now, time to move on and find someone that wants to be here."

Think he is being diplomatic.
    No way even a desperate Spurs would be in for him if personal terms were not
    even vaguely agreed.

He definitely thinks his Brasil 2014 chances are in the balance.
    Will be amusing if he doesn't get a lead role, but the likes of Sandro
    and Oscar do.

7. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

i would have thought Sandro was a nail on,don't know so much about Oscar

8. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

You wont from me!

9. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

Saha has signed for Lazio, so we can write him off as an emergency striker.

10. Wandering Yid

Wandering Yid Well-Known Member

Hope he enjoys animal noises.

11. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

You sure lads, its bit unprofessional for a player to voice wantaway remarks, especially in the first 18mths of a 5yr deal. We don't know what he's thinking really but his answers are correct in the circs imo. <ok>

12. humanbeingincroydon

It seems to be the done thing when the team that wants to sign you has a white kit...

13. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

apparently not, well done leandro for not upsetting Inter fans...still bitter over Modric!, you do hold grudges don't you!

14. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Just found this don't know if it's been posted before, Liandro's first goal for Brazil was at....................Craven Cottage!!!!!!!

[video=youtube;9lhIPIuQhhw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9lhIPIuQhhw[/video]

15. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

hmm it does seem like a strange choice.

16. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Usually a player can indicate if he'd be happy to move but is also "happy to stay". Damiao has constantly said he wants to stay in Brazil for the forseeable future, at least until the World Cup. I respect him for doing so but for me, it's pretty clear he wasn't/ isn't interested in joining us. Plus, players usually get their agents to speak to the media if they're looking to leave, I haven't heard a peep from any representative of Damiao nor has their chairman ever indicated Damiao was looking to leave. In my opinion, the guy seems happy where he is and doesn't want to move and potentially risk a spot in the national team, fair play to him and as I said I really do respect that but I only want players that want to be at Spurs as soon as we become interested and make a bid (though go about it professionally and not act like Modric/ Berbatov) and not wait around until they "fancy a change". Take Holtby for example, he had the chance to continue playing CL with Schalke yet jumped at the chance to join us in the Jan window, that's the commitment I want and like from players.

17. Blue and White

Blue and White Well-Known Member

Well he certainly stayed in Brazil last night.

Not even in the squad. His price has just dropped .

As for having a go at Modric-give the guy a break-he stayed on with us when we weren't in CL and when Real come calling most players will leave-Ronaldo,

Modric is not having a good season and if there is a change of manager there, and Modric is shown the door , I am sure he would be happy to come back and I certainly would take him.

18. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

If things don't change for Modric and we make the CL, I can see it happening.

19. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Give Modric a break? No chance.

Any player that disrespects my football club the way he did with tantrums and refusing to play, regardless of how good he was in his spell, will lose any respect I ever had for him. I'm glad he's having a **** season and not getting much of a look in, I hope he rots on the Madrid bench for the remainder of his contract. He could have left with dignity and respect for the club that developed him into one of the most sought after midfielders.

Lets not forget last season he was begging for a move to Chelsea too, something I'll never forget nor forgive. You say he "stayed" for that season but fact is, he had a contract with us (which lasted 'til 2016), something that clearly means nothing to certain players.

20. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Modric refused to play at the start of two seasons in a row, even going on strike from our preseason training and tours in the second season. It wasn't just Real that turned his head, it was anyone else offering him big wages and Champions League football. There's not much wrong with that either, lots of players have a big club come in for them that they're desperate to join but not many resort to the cynical tactics he did. The fact that the only thing he never did was hand in a transfer request says a lot, it costs players money when they do that, there's no hiding his motivations.

Ultimately, if you've signed a 6 year contract with the club then you should show a hell of a lot more respect if you want the club to let you go 4/5 years early from the deal. He also shouldn't have come out in the press saying how important it was that the whole squad stayed together for next season, a matter of months before he announced he wanted to go to Chelsea.

To be honest, I was quite pleased when he got his move though, he was a great player for us, he got what he wanted and we could all finally move on. Then he went and started talking about Bale moving to Madrid with him in the media, the guy lacks any class or even the basic levels of respect. I'm glad his dream move hasn't been all it was cracked up to be, the only downside is that means he might move back to the Premier League.

He'd have to come out with a very big apology to everyone at the club if he were to come back but I still wouldn't want him. Plus he's already earning £100-120k a week at Real, if he moves back it will be to fill his boots at United, City or Chelsea.