1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Jacks are staying up!

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, May 14, 2017.

1. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Brilliant for the city and local economy that the Swans have stayed up, but won't be as lucky in 12 months without investment in the squad, pull your finger out you tight fisted git Jinx...............<ok>

Can we finally stop saying we need to replace Leon Dai? One we have is absolutely fine & can keep going for another 2+ years

London_Jack and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  2. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Don't you think it has a similar feeling to the likes of Wigan and sunderland, got away with it for a few years with minimal investment and it eventually catches up with you and you get relegated. If the board continues in the same ilk as the last few years I fear it will be nothing other than relegation. I hope they have learnt from the last couple of seasons and also from what has happened to other clubs who have failed to invest in the playing squad.

3. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

Any comment from Bob badly ?
    Here's one for him . **** you Bob !!

4. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

I for one hope that Jerkins and co will be just a distant memory by the time it comes to buying players , especially him then we're just going to repeat this season again .

5. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Who would have thought that Swansea City Football club , at the start of the Premier League existence , would enter the 2017 - 2018 season spending a quarter of their time in the Premier League .... I going to guess ...NONE

6. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Dai knew! <laugh>

7. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Is there something in the water in Wales this year? All it would have taken is for Cardiff to have been in trouble and got away with it for a complete full house across the border. Newport performed the greatest escape but you were a close second. Anyway well done Swans........<applause><applause><applause>

8. EastneyPFC

EastneyPFC Well-Known Member

Made up for you - hang on to Gylfi if you can - and Llorente - I have a reason to keep watching MoTD - Clement will take you back to the Martinez Sousa Rodgers Laudrup Monk type of playing days that in it's varying guises made you good to watch. Best wishes for next season.

9. Taffvalerowdy

10. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yep but they do have Colin as a manager though......:D

DragonPhilljack likes this.

11. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

I have a dog called called Colin

12. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Congrats boys. I actually thought Hull would stay up instead of you purely because they have a better manager but in Gylfi and Llorente you have 2 match winners theres (and clement has made you solid) so all in all a job well done.

Valley can now wet himself silly that he gets to have proper banter with the newkie boys.

13. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Bobby can I ask you, what makes you think Hulls manager Silva is better than Clement.

14. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Well done lads. Met a few Swansea lads in the Wheatsheaf pub and they were sound. Wanted you's to win cos Hull is a lot bloody easier to get to.

Still disappointed as to how crap we were but that's not taking anything away from your team.

Good luck for next season.

15. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Lets look at the records between the two:

Clement Won 8, Drew 2, Lost 8

Hull Won 6, Drew 3, Lost 8

Going purely on records, Clement is better but only just.

From reading match reports (obviously haven't watched every game live), Swans have either been fantastic (you've had some brilliants wins and performances) and periods of totally abject displays (possibly because naughton, llorente and olson were out during that period). Theres not that consistency

Hull on the other hand have been competitive and quite unlucky from a lot of their games.

The key difference for me is this:

Everyone knows Bob was an absolute retard and had you guys underachieving. Everyone gave Hull no chance at the start of the season and midway through the season. Hull were a joke team and fast going down under Phelen. Silva has come in and got them organised, has only had a handful of players to pick from and had to sell his best players in order to bring players through.

Swansea on the other hand had better depth to begin with and strengthened a bit more in the January transfer window (you really needed olsen!). Hull on the other hand lost the equivalent of Gylfi and **** knows where you'd be without him and Llorente.

Don't get wrong, i think Clement has done brilliantly for you guys, i just feel that Silva has done better.

16. Taffvalerowdy

swantastic likes this.
  17. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

I read the Cardiff City forum daily just for a laugh. Most of the posters, not all, must be the most bitter, deluded, one eyed and thick (fans?) in the country. We have some wind up merchants on here but they are not in the same class as the nobs on the blue tits forum.
    On a more serious note although like everyone else I am delighted we are staying in the PL there is also a touch of sadness that some of our long serving players, because of anno domini and you know who I mean are coming to the end of their playing time with us and will have to be replaced for our future. I just hope they have decided on a future for themselves and not descend into depression as other well documented former players have.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  18. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

Most, yes. Not all though. Congrats you jammy bunch of gits <laugh>. You need some investment this season, can't go a full season without getting in some quality and I'm not sure if Clement is the man for you. He's escaped the drop so I may be wrong and a full transfer window to bring in his own players may make all the difference. Goodluck for the coming season <cheers>

.. And to the bloke who said for Cardiff to be in trouble for a full house of escapism, technically, we were right up sh*ts creek at the start of the season... Paul Trollope was sending us to league one on a rocket <laugh>.

19. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

23 points from 17 games under Clement , with a stretch of 4 or 5 losing in the middle because of injury says Clement by a good bit imo . Also , Clement is in the running for manager of the season , seems the League agree .

trundles left foot likes this.
  20. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Haha roofy please dont use the manager of the season to rate a manager on his ability. Its just an indicator unless you think conte (when he gets it as the winner always gets it) is a barometer of him doing a far better job than poch (i think he has but i know you wont agree ).

Basically clement in his time has earnt 5 points more than silva (clement has a game in hand in silva) but when i look at relative squad strengths, i have swansea with a far stronger team (like you do with chelsea over spurs).

Not that i dont respect your decision as its just a matter of opinions but it was your use of the manager of the season contention which I'm arguing against