1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Canary Dave

Discussion in 'Watford' started by geitungur akureyrar, Feb 1, 2014.

1. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

OK you lovely people, I'm off to bed! I'm away till Sunday evening with no internet access so have a good weekend! <ok>

Night all <hug>

Night H <smooch>

2. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

have a good one Dave....

canary-dave likes this.
  3. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all. Once again it is overcast, but dry. We did have a few showers overnight, but nothing very much. The forecast is not hopeful of a downpour, something that the fire fighters down south need as much as I do.

4. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Off to the Charente tomorrow to see some friends. They were teachers, but took early retirement twenty years ago to come and live here, and develop their lovely garden. It is a large space that was little more than grass and scrub when they took it over, but with seven long days a week they have turned it into the most beautiful area. They are getting older and find that just to keep it up now requires some help. The lady who comes in to help is colour blind, so plants have to have labels on them to tell her where to place them. Still it is amazing to visit, especially if the sun is shining, and I look forward to a cup of tea and home made cake sat with the scents of flowers all around.

5. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Enjoy M Frenchie :)

i'm off to a little village near Chichester for the weekend and hoping the weather is kind, but if not, i'm sure we'll find some nice pubs to take refuge in :)

6. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all, a splendid day yesterday over in the Charente. I don't go over there often, but there is some beautiful countryside, and this year many large fields have been given over to sunflowers. Driving back I relied on my satnav, and it took me on what must be the shortest route as we didn't drive along a single main road. Villages and small towns that I haven't ever been to before made for an interesting couple of hours. A French small town in an evening can seem totally deserted until you pass a bar or restaurant where people will be sat outside for a drink or a meal.
    On my return I found that Chateauroux had played their first game of the season away from home, and gained a narrow 2-3 victory. A good start for them in the higher division, and next Friday they will be trying out their new grass pitch at home for the first time.

7. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

http://www.huddersfield.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=498565

A possibility of 'slim pickings' with live streams this season?

"In the final two months of last season more than 5000 IP addresses were blocked when it came to the streaming of live Premier League matches"
    I do remember it being difficult to find one last season, but not impossible though. Even so, I think I can hear Jon Marks & Derek Payne calling...

8. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

I cannot see how a UK court can have the power to stop the streaming. If you remember a site in the States was seized a couple of years ago and when you went to log on there was a message telling you what had happened. A week later that site was back, but operating under a different jurisdiction. Sky or BT do not have a license to broadcast to France for example, so they cannot seek to have an order here to block viewing by the many who have Sky boxes and cards. Of course there could be some attempt at Sky, BT, Canal+, Eurosport etc to come to some agreement through the EU, but.......!

9. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Quite a busy day one way or another. Needed to replace a tap in one of my water butts and the only way to do that is by laying it down and crawling inside. There was only about 25mm of water left in the bottom, so as I started to drain that into a can I noticed that I had somehow been providing a swimming pool for two of those little green tree frogs. Not sure how they managed to get in there, but they were not bothered that I was around.

10. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Gannet watching cruise from Bridlington today then along Bempton cliffs..

11. canary-dave

Good morning all from a dry and fresh Weston-super-Mare. Fabulous few days in Sunderland with some good friends.

Have a good day! <ok>

oldfrenchhorn and Hornette_TID like this.
  12. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all. Take your parapluie with you if you are going out said one forecast for yesterday. You would have looked like a chump carrying one around with the mainly blue skies that were around all day. Still rain was forecast for 7.00 am this morning, but it has given us a miss. 8.00 pm this evening expect thunderstorms and hail lasting into the night. I must check to see if my internet provider has sent me a message to turn off my box. I might have a look to see if the cows in the fields are lying down. :emoticon-0101-sadsm

13. canary-dave

OK you lovely people, I'm off to bed!

Night all <hug>

Night H <smooch>

14. canary-dave

Good morning all from a warm and dry Weston-super-Mare!

Have a good day! <ok>

15. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all, I am told that we had a thunderstorm overnight and I could see that we had a some rain. Not sure that there was a great quantity, but it feels a bit fresher. As we are now into August preparations are being made for the annual fete, so this morning the lanes are being swept in readiness for the cycle race that comes past my house. The competitors do a very hilly circuit of ten miles five times in a couple of hours, very often after they have spent the day at work. Still they seem to enjoy it.

16. canary-dave

So it seems that you are vegitating somewhere in rural Europe <whistle>

He's always so constructive when he comes back eh? <doh>

17. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

I thought he was talking about the Prime Minister. :emoticon-0100-smile

canary-dave likes this.
  18. canary-dave

Night all <hug>

Night H <smooch>

19. canary-dave

Good morning all from a warm and dry Weston-super-Mare, rain due to arrive soon and lasting all day. Oh joy!

Have a good day! <ok>

20. canary-dave

Night all <hug>

Night H <smooch>